Another hello thread

Not actually my first post as I've been dipping my toes in the Tech forum already, but I'll use this as something a bit more official. ;)

Anyways, my name's Dan and with any luck I'll be picking up my MY06 Roadster GT in Azure Blue next Friday! I've come to this via a heavily-modded MR2 Roadster (complete with turbo conversion) and my most recent toy, a stage 2 VXR220 (257bhp + 290lb/ft in a car that weighs just 930 kg is just ridiculous fun!), so it's a similar step across without really overlapping anything. Whilst the 'Z certainly doesn't handle anything like my last two cars, it's got so much personality and engine note that I'd have been daft to get anything else really. I didn't want anything too close to the VXR either as otherwise I'd end up making unfair comparisons, so the Z won out over my other choices, an S2K and a 986 Boxster S.

I've been searching this place high and low for the last week or so to try and get some background knowledge on the car, and I can honestly say that you lot have a truly brilliant forum here: Friendly and technical, which is a rarity on the interweb nowadays.

I look forward to hopefully meeting up with some of you at some point, and certainly seeing a few of you on track (I'm addicted to trackdays, hence my last choice of car!) sometime this year. :thumbs:

Dan

Welcome and you will love the Zed.

You a vx220.org.uk chap then. Meet a few at LoT days. The Zed is heavy for track and bad on brakes for if you intend to take it out, I recommend

New Fluid, braided lines and upgraded pads.

See you at a meet sometime.

Welcome and you will love the Zed.

You a vx220.org.uk chap then. Meet a few at LoT days. The Zed is heavy for track and bad on brakes for if you intend to take it out, I recommend

New Fluid, braided lines and upgraded pads.

See you at a meet sometime.

Yup, been calling vx220.org my home for the last 18 months or so, never did get a chance to go out with the LoT boys though. Thanks for the recommendations, that's certainly something I'll be looking at doing now. Mate of mine had a coupe a few years ago and had some interesting moments at Elvington with his due to a bit of understeer and some very hot brakes! :lol:

Whereabouts are you from?

Good point, better update my profile! I'm from Braintree, in Essex.

:welcome: - shame about your choice of colour - black is the one to have and hope you can get the roof down sometime ;):p

Enjoy the forum and it would certainly be nice to see another roadster on the Wales run in April?

only kidding about the colour - at least its not another grey one :lol:

I'd have quite liked a grey one... :shutup::lol:

No can do on the Wales run, as I'm booked to go up to Scotland for a long weekend with the MR2-ROC (where I'm still a moderator). Shame really, but I'm sure there'll be other opportunities to give her a good run with you lot!

Thanks all for the welcome, I feel at home here already. B)

I'd have quite liked a grey one... :shutup::lol:

No can do on the Wales run, as I'm booked to go up to Scotland for a long weekend with the MR2-ROC (where I'm still a moderator). Shame really, but I'm sure there'll be other opportunities to give her a good run with you lot!

Thanks all for the welcome, I feel at home here already. B)

How do you know you can't make the wales run, when a date hasn't been set yet? :p