Attempted Theft Damage.

jdm2003

Hi All,

Had some **** or twats try to jimmy the door on my Z fu*** , *******,****.

Sorry.

looks like they have pushed the window forward , i cant quite work out what to do, to repair it.

There is an air gap between the rubber and glass pillar . Would they have pushed the whole pain forward on its rails?

Also looks like they have tried to force the window down.

I have tried pulling the glass backwards but no luck.

Any help would be appreciated, Iv'e only just bought the car. dont even have insurance yet.

I was going to tell the police but thought if i did that the insurance would go up here as i live in a small village.

Not much they can do after the damage is done any way.

Cheers All

Oh dear, I'm not quite sure what to say. You bought the car with the damage is what your saying? I would get a bodyshop to get the door card off and investigate everything is okay internally.

Thanks

Z Dedicated

car was fine when purchased, some one has had a pop at it lol.

I am going to remove the door card myself, but didn't want to get to heavy handed in case some one else had a similar issue

and repaired it them selves.

Other than the gap, is the window going up and down ok? Being very optimistic, could it just be a matter of reseting the window stop position? The window should drop a few mm electrically as the door opens and go up a few mm when you close the door.

Other than that it's a matter of taking the door card off and then a large metal inner door panel to see if anything is damaged / bent. All the best fixing it.

Best to take the door trim panel to have a nose round and then if you still can't work out what's up, take off the other door trim panel to see how it should look.

Trampy jealous f#uk faces

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies.

The windows mechanism is still dropping for the door ok thankfully.

I was going to put a pic up of the gap. but ill take the door card off and see if any thing is misaligned.

my guess is My going to need packing lol.

Terrible to hear this. Will it go right down, and if so, then it should align in the window channel as it's going down, then it should return to normal position when you put it back up. Do it with the door open so you can help it guide down. :)

Here's a guide that'll help you remove the door card from the door (it's for a speaker install but you'll see how to do it still from the pics): http://liljerk.morpheus.net/350Z/front_speakers/

This link here is for changing the window motor so will help you get further into the door should you need to: http://www.nicoclub.com/archives/350z-diy-changing-the-window-motor.html

Honestly though jdm2003 get some insurance sorted ASAP ~ even if the cars sat on your drive & you're not driving it yet as it's just not worth the risk especially if some thieving scum bags have already targeted your car. Good luck. :thumbs:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

If your 41 then you are same age as me and paying £1550 more in insurance, that can't be right unless

your in a crime hotspot! Imports dont make that much if any difference in insurance costs in my experience.

I've sorted insurance from http://www.surething.co.uk/ using underwriters.

They didn't like it being an import much. a lot of companies wanted £3000 lol.

Got it for around £1800 Fully Comp.

Waow thats bludy expensive mate, I got my 5 vehicles insured for not much more than that......... think your defo getting stung there :scare: :scare:

Did you ring around loads of insurers mate? I'm only 21 and I'm paying less than half of that! :) I'm sure you did, but just incase - as there's really no point in paying any more than you need to! :)

There are loads of suggestions of companies to try (if you haven't already) in the insurance section on here (admiral, adrian flux, etc etc), but I'm almost certain you should be able to knock some off that premium :thumbs:

Sorry to hear about the damage too! I just can't get my head round how some people can do that sort of thing :rant:

I've been off the road for two years.. Made a complete **** out myself one night and got Banned. :wacko:

Learnt a lesson out of it. so all good.

Insurance will fall a lot next year. just have to take the sting.

It is what it is. Love the car lol.

I dont understand why they done it. probably some kids.