Window Reset Procedure

Dicky

Got a problem on the drivers side window. When the door is opened the window drops about 60mm (instead 10mm) and doesnt lift again when the door is closed.

Its a problem thats come about after fitting Cookies folding mirror cct. Dont believe its got anything to do with Cookies cct and more likley to be something Ive done when disconnecting the battery.

Ive read the "Reset Procedure" in the workshop manual (below) and in the "Guides" section but was wondering if anyone can advise what the manual is trying to say in the last bit of the "Caution" below (highlighted). It doesnt make sense?

Can you also confirm if by "Manual" lowering and raising of the window they mean keeping the up/down switch operated and not a quick flick operation for it to go up automatically?

Resetting

After installing each component to vehicle, follow the steps below.

1. Raise glass to the top position.

2. While pressing and holding reset switch, lower glass to the bottom

position.

3. Release reset switch, and check reset switch returns to the original

position, and then raise the glass to the top position.

CAUTION:

Do not operate the glass automatically to raise the glass to

the top position.

Do not operate the door switch is turning on.

Either everyone’s as stumped as me or bored with this problem (seems to be a pretty common problem from what Ive read) :lol:

Been searching everywhere for most of the evening and found several procedures, all with little nuances but basically much the same. Wont bother with the worksop manual version cos I don’t understand the afore mentioned caution statement.

By the way, some procedures say do the reset with the door open others with it closed. Anyone know which is right :wacko:

Cheers Dicky

Edit: Just had a brain wave the last comment in the Caution section (blue) might be trying to say "DONT OPERATE THE DOOR SWITCH" ?

Could it mean something to do with the button that locks the windows from going up and down? Just a thought...

It is probably important though, it sounds as if it's saying don't use the switch to raise and lower the windows, but surely you dont do it by hand!?

Reminds me of the terrible chinglish (or japglish..) that I used to read in airsoft gun manuals!

'do not fire in place where people or the car will pass cross!'

'the motar may generate small if used for excessive durations of time. If small detected, DO NOT use the gun procedure for a long time ever again'

:lol:

Could it mean something to do with the button that locks the windows from going up and down? Just a thought...

It is probably important though, it sounds as if it's saying don't use the switch to raise and lower the windows, but surely you dont do it by hand!?

Reminds me of the terrible chinglish (or japglish..) that I used to read in airsoft gun manuals!

'do not fire in place where people or the car will pass cross!'

'the motar may generate small if used for excessive durations of time. If small detected, DO NOT use the gun procedure for a long time ever again'

:lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

SORTED.

Not due to cookies cct and didn’t need a reset, but due to a crap connector on the driver’s side window control unit :yahoo:

PS: With regard to the window reset procedure. I found 6 published versions during my search including posts on this site, the Guides section and other places. All have differences some say the door has to be opened others that it should be closed, some say wind the window up first others down, some say 5 second pause top and bottom others no mention of times.

Glad I didn’t have to use it cos it was all to confusing :wacko:

SORTED.

Not due to cookies cct and didn’t need a reset, but due to a crap connector on the driver’s side window control unit :yahoo:

PS: With regard to the window reset procedure. I found 6 published versions during my search including posts on this site, the Guides section and other places. All have differences some say the door has to be opened others that it should be closed, some say wind the window up first others down, some say 5 second pause top and bottom others no mention of times.

Anyone know which one(s) is known to work :wacko:

SORTED.

Anyone know which one(s) is known to work :wacko:

Of the ones I found I was going to hand my hat on this one "TSB 04-040 Window Glass Doesn't Drop When Door Opens" found here

http://www.350z-tech.com/wiki/index.php ... Door_Opens

(not sure how to copy a link so just copied the web site bar at the top of the screen)

Hope it helps

• 4 weeks later...