Bolt on parts bhp increases

Irn Bru

Can any of the more knowledgeable members give me an approximate bhp increase guide as to what I can reasonably expect from the following bolt on's and a remap please. I know it's subjective but................

Motordyne plenum spacer

Flyboy's velocity stack mod

Berks polished air intake pipe

Decat pipes

Stillen Y pipe

Toyosports exhaust

Uprev remap

Cheers

Bri

Depends on the stock bhp. You might have a healthy engine and gain 20bhp taking you to 295+ or you might have a shitter that gains 20bhp but only takes you to 255 lol

Lol its a healthy engine mate, with enough beans to keep on the tail lights of my son's FRS

Depends on the stock bhp. You might have a healthy engine and gain 20bhp taking you to 295+ or you might have a shitter that gains 20bhp but only takes you to 255 lol

BTW....have you got your hotels booked yet for May ??

Edited by Irn Bru

Hardly any gains in my opinion. Spend the money on brakes and tyres instead to go much quicker than the 20bhp you might gain here.

Too late they are all bought / about to be bought lol. Brakes and MPPS are next on the list when my current Falkens are due for renewal. Just looking to eek out a few more ponies with the bolt on's and remap and get her running as sweet as possible. Would love to break the 300bhp mark as Zippypoos did with his DE with bolt on's and a remap.

• Like 1

Lol its a healthy engine mate, with enough beans to keep on the tail lights of my son's FRS

Mildly modded RS then? Just sold my 350hp mk1 RS,and much as I love my new 350Z, it's not a patch on my RS for outright speed.

Sorry.....thread hijacked ;)

Mildly modded RS then? Just sold my 350hp mk1 RS,and much as I love my new 350Z, it's not a patch on my RS for outright speed.

Sorry.....thread hijacked ;)

400ths of a second down the 1/4 mile strip was the difference between us. His is mapped mine, bolt on bits and no map.......yet. Running 14's all day and he was 15th out of dozens fwd cars and I was 16th out of dozens of rwd cars, so not too bad.

Dyno figures are good for nothing more than pub talk, as discussed many many times, as per zippy, dyno run after his bolt ons, 295, first run on Horsham dyno before mapping, 285, final figure of 301. So make of that what you will, did he gain 6 or 16hp, zippy says his car is transformed, do you really think 6 or 16hp will transform a car?

The biggest differece you will notice is removal of the throttle restrictions, just forget your bhp pub banter or you will be one very pi@@ed of zedder.

• Like 2

16bhp was the gain from mapping (25hp overall compared to UK book spec) not 6 as you can't compare one dyno outfit directly to another. His 301bhp dyno pull, very well could be 310bhp on a dynojet....

Plus the remap as we all know doesn't just mean more top end bhp, what you'll notice day to day is the increase in low end lb-ft around 2.5k which will transform the way a car feels on the road.

I would advise on a healthy DE 5-10bhp increase from bolt on's then another 10-15bhp at best on top for the map, purely speaking at the top end.

David

Edited by davey_83

16bhp was the gain from mapping (25hp overall compared to UK book spec) not 6 as you can't compare one dyno outfit directly to another. His 301bhp dyno pull, very well could be 310bhp on a dynojet....

Plus the remap as we all know doesn't just mean more top end bhp, what you'll notice day to day is the increase in low end lb-ft around 2.5k which will transform the way a car feels on the road.

I would advise on a healthy DE 5-10bhp increase from bolt on's then another 10-15bhp at best on top for the map, purely speaking at the top end.

David

Which is exactly what i said on the dyno run thread, but you seemed to think the numbers accurate, i quote "he wouldnt be in business long if his readings were that far out", well he was only 50% wrong on the increase from Horshams dyno :)

So you honestly think 25hp at best will transform a 1.5 tonne car, night and day as Zippy says, sorry, thats utter tosh, the biggest single factor will be the removal of the throttle restrictions in the first couple of gears

The op wants to know what hp gain he will get, so after the many many many discussed threads, pay zero attention to hp from a dyno, or as said he could be a very unhappy bunny, just appreciate the better drive (bum dyno)

Edited by Jetpilot
  • Like 3

Obviously I can't personally comment on the difference, all I can do is reiterated what Steve noticed after his 350z was mapped. The difference between the base run and the post mapped figures is clear to see.

25hp difference between two car with say 600bhp and 625bhp, yeah most people would struggle to tell a difference.

Yes Steve is noticing the lack of throttle restriction in the lower gears, however on a dual carriageway in 4th gear (dyno pull gear) yes you are going to notice an extra 20lb-ft at low rpm.

It's the lb-ft increase you are going to notice, so try not to get hung up on the bhp numbers too much.

• Like 1

so try not to get hung up on the bhp numbers too much.

I am not, as i have said in pretty much every post in this thread and the other, its you who defended bolt on increases and extravagant dyno readings ;)

Zippy will be noticing the "bum dyno" effect, there will be zero or a tenth of a tenth of a tenth in it between a mapped 350, std 350 and one with bolt ons.

Come on guys, with this list of bolt on parts and a good remap with Uprev, you see around a 20/25bhp gain. We see this on our dyno all the time ( some people will say that our figures aren't right/doctored)but we have tuned a lot of cars so have a huge amount of data.

Make sure the car has a good new set of spark plugs and oyur be a happy chap after the work being carried out.

Edited by Mark@Abbey m/s
  • Like 2