Bolt on parts bhp increases

Irn Bru

Come on guys, with this list of bolt on parts and a good remap with Uprev, you see around a 20/25bhp gain. We see this on our dyno all the time ( some people will say that our figures aren't right/doctored)but we have tuned a lot of cars so have a huge amount of data.

Make sure the car has a good new set of spark plugs and oyur be a happy chap after the work being carried out.

What spark plugs do you recommend for this set up Mark ?

Dyno figures are good for nothing more than pub talk, as discussed many many times, as per zippy, dyno run after his bolt ons, 295, first run on Horsham dyno before mapping, 285, final figure of 301. So make of that what you will, did he gain 6 or 16hp, zippy says his car is transformed, do you really think 6 or 16hp will transform a car?

The biggest differece you will notice is removal of the throttle restrictions, just forget your bhp pub banter or you will be one very pi@@ed of zedder.

It IS transformed, its like a different car, acceleration better, torque better, through the gears better, smoother and added 3-4 mpg too. Well worth the cash.

Its not just about HP...its the over-all effect that uprev has on the car. Do it...Sounds like youve done the basics which will get the most out of your car when you uprev it.

• Like 2

Just sayin, yo.

Yip there next Dan, just want to get car running sweet as possible, then do the brakes and tyres, common sense dictates do them first but I've 1000's of miles left on my tyres and brakes as theyve only done 3000 miles, so silly replacing them just now. Then it's suspension mods, I'll be broke by then end of summer lol

• Like 1

^ obv you taking about speed around track. Same car same driver, yes tyres and brakes do make a massive difference when pushing on. But you in a 350z with the best tyres, the best brakes and sabine schmitz in factory fresh 350z, who would be quicker round a track?

Driver ability trumps tyres and brakes, just saying.

I manage to get 305 hp after remap with all the bolt on's. But the car prior and after remap was completely different. Power delivery and respons where more smooth and instant, torque delivery was more even over rpm's. A lot better car afterwards

a278846de7dd606ba68630bbc6ef9e2c.jpg

32b1fde2be3e4c154f62c6e1e6fece6d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

• Like 2

'I manage to get 305 hp after remap with all the bolt on's. But the car prior and after remap was completely different. Power delivery and response where more smooth and instant, torque delivery was more even over rpm's. A lot better car afterwards'

Exactly.

^ obv you taking about speed around track. Same car same driver, yes tyres and brakes do make a massive difference when pushing on. But you in a 350z with the best tyres, the best brakes and sabine schmitz in factory fresh 350z, who would be quicker round a track?

True, but when the driver doesn't change then power is nothing without control. "First make it stop, then make it handle, then make it go." Old, but still true.

And I'm talking about road driving more than track.

True, but when the driver doesn't change then power is nothing without control. "First make it stop, then make it handle, then make it go." Old, but still true.

Agree with both points although id say the brakes on the zed are more than ample to accommodate the gains made from uprev in this case. As for tyres, you be a fool to skimp on a decent set on this car!

Agree with both points although id say the brakes on the zed are more than ample to accommodate the gains made from uprev in this case. As for tyres, you be a fool to skimp on a decent set on this car!

Agreed Zippy, the brembos are well capable of stopping a 300bhp car and I will uprate the pads when they need changed, same with my Falkens, still tonnes of miles left on them so bolt on's and remap came first on my goodies list. Suspension will come before brakes and tyres also if there's still plenty of miles left on them, mpss tyres will be going on when ready

• Like 1

Bolt on parts? Lads, you're all wrong, everyone knows, stickers are the way forward! Depending on size each sticker can add at least 5bhp!!

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/Product.do?method=view&n=2177&g=245107&p=187750&d=124&c=4&l=2&utm_source=Google&utm_medium=Base&utm_campaign=Bodywork%20Accessories&gclid=CI6rjKz2yssCFcWVGwodziALSA

I'll be getting this lot ordered pronto then mate.... must be a gazillion extra horses on tap from this :lol::lol:B):lol:

• Like 1

For the week or so in the year that you have your cats fitted, I wouldn't too much about the mapping.

Either that or find a friendly mot station ahead of time and save yourself the job of getting them swapped out.

For the week or so in the year that you have your cats fitted, I wouldn't too much about the mapping.

Either that or find a friendly mot station ahead of time and save yourself the job of getting them swapped out.

What he said, if you get the car mapped with decats then just treat it gently if you fit the cats as it may be more susceptible to knock , think of it like if you had to fill with 95

• Like 3

What he said, if you get the car mapped with decats then just treat it gently if you fit the cats as it may be more susceptible to knock , think of it like if you had to fill with 95

Cheers Rich exactly what I needed to know. It won't be a problem because the cats will go back on, mot carried out, and decats put straight back on by my mechanic, just wasn't sure if the map would mess with the emissions and cause it to fail. I'm rather hoping my mechanic, when I tell him it's cats on, mot, cats off he won't bother and just do it, he's been working on all my vehicles for years so here's hoping lol.

• Like 1

Decent set of tyres and brakes and you'll go much faster than the addition of 25bhp.

No no no, people want their cars to go faster, not get a quicker lap time to work. New tyres do not make your car go faster or increase BHP. They make it stop faster.