Sore knee from driving my 370Z

gstraw

Does anyone get a really sore knee when driving their car?? It's really starting to annoy me now. I've pinpointed it down to it being my car after 2 years of researching what triggers it. The inside part of my knee cap gets sore and swollen.

I think it's because the pedals are too much to the right. The brake pedal should be in the centre of the steering but it's not because we have a foot rest. I would have much preferred no foot rest and at least then the car wouldn't be crippling me lol

Anyone else experienced this and what's the fix?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not in a 370 but... I've not seen anyone else complain about this so far.

As I've said to someone before, without sounding patronising I don't think many people get how to be seated properly.

(ok this is geared more towards track driving but hey, it's start)

http://www.drivingfast.net/track/driving-position.htm

I find in the 350z the seats to have awful lower back support but the CG lock has helped me out.

You need to get your sitting position just right to get rid of this. I always have this with small rental cars.

Cycling also helps to keep you knee joint healthy and improve on your musculature which keep things in good alignment.

• Like 2

funny you should comment on this, as I have been driving last week continuous in the z,a few dodgy moments like people pulling out on you,people wanting to race you,what is it with the zeds,but because it was hard driving, my right knee has been playing up all this week.

is it down to layout of pedals or seating? :blush:

Thanks for replies guys. So seems like some people suffer from this too.

I have my seat all the way back and still find the pedals too close. I'm 6ft 1.

The video on how to set up the seat isn't patronising. It's good to have an idea of how it should be setup but there's not much chat about feet position.

Like I've heard that you shouldn't keep your heel at the base of the brake pedal and rotate your foot for accelerator use. It supposedly adds excess stress on your knee. Other alternative is to always move your whole leg but that seems too slow and clumsy!

Anyone have any advise or videos regarding this?

Lastly should the brake pedal be in the middle of the steering wheel? What's it like in a Porsche Cayman or gt86 which is meant to be two of the best cars for driving position?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for replies guys. So seems like some people suffer from this too.

I have my seat all the way back and still find the pedals too close. I'm 6ft 1.

Same here, I'd like to get the seat back a tad more and I'm only 6ft, but we're all different, my mate is 6-2 and put the seat forward a couple of inches :surrender:. I've only been on one long journey since I've had the Zed (320 miles in a day) and didn't suffer with leg ache or back ache that I've had driving similar distances in rentals.

Pete