Torn between black or blue roadster

Stan

Hey all, I have been looking for a roadster for the past 4 months but haven't been able to find exactly what I want. My ideal roadster would be black, facelifted (not bothered about revup or HR), full GT pack and low (sub 50k) mileage. Sat nav would be a bonus but not essential.

I have only spotted a couple of black ones in all that time, but have seen a lot of azure blue ones. I do quite like the look of them, but not sure how it compares to black. My last 2 cars were black and looked amazing when clean, which I love doing (detailing, that is).

Any owners on here faced the same dilemma, or have some nice examples of blue roadsters to sway me? I will probably be changing alloys and putting a lip kit on so modded pics are also welcome.

Buy on condition, not on colour.

I said I'd never have a silver car as they're boring as f*ck, but look what I drive now! :lol: Colour is the least important thing about a car, it's too subjective. If you want a black one get a black one, if you want a blue one get a blue one. No-one can tell you which is better because neither is. If you want pics, there's a couple of threads here in the Media section or there's Google.

I had a blue one, it was nice. It would've been just as nice in black, or red, or yellow. But not silver or grey.

Buy on condition, not on colour.

^^ What Dan said. :)

If the colour does end up bothering you that much then you could have the car wrapped or even re-sprayed if you can stretch to it but ultimately how the car runs & has been looked after is so much more important.

Better a car that starts every time in a colour you're not fond of than a car in a colour you love which never starts or spends most of its life in a garage. :dry:;)

I cant agree with that, appearance is everything. I would choose a car in an attractive colour (in my eyes) with a scuff than a silver in perfect condition. That said dont take it too the extreme, if a car is knackered dont buy it in any colour lol

• Like 1

Some interesting comments. To me colour is quite an important factor, I just wondered if anyone on here had faced a similar predicament with these colours?

I have spotted 2 that are essentially similar except for the colours, hoping to view this weekend so can check them out then.

I've had a few black cars over the years and when they are clean look great, keeping them clean always required more effort in my experience as even a light dusting of pollen makes them look filthy. Blue is a nice colour and sits half way between black and silver with regards detailing maintenance.

From a safety perspective the brighter the colour the more visible you are to other road users from a distance especially on country roads.

Buy on condition and then get it sprayed or wrapped haha best option. I loved mine when black but when its in the sunlight it looked horrendous so went for my fav colour red and problem solved and less cleaning as it hides the dirt better than black did.

Personally id never buy a car in a colour I didnt like. Id rather walk & wait for one to come along in the condition & colour I wanted.

When I bought my HR Roadster, I looked at a Midnight Blue one first and just hated the colour. Id have been happy with Azure Blue, Orange, Yellow or Grey. I didnt want Silver or Black as I didnt feel those colours looked as good on the roadster. The one I ended up with was Twilight Grey which is similar to the Gunmetal but for 2007 onwards cars.

• Like 1

Bluuuuueee, the roadsters look great in them. Although there is some truth to buying on condition too, I wanted a silver one... so obviously I have a grey one (matches the gold calipers though so it was a good choice lol). Its good you have two colours to choose from, always a nice idea to have a couple you'd happily live with.

Blue's easier to look after as has been said, but as people here have also said I ended up making sure I had lots of options.

Black would have been my preference, then blue, then GM then orange then silver.

When it came to buying, I absolutely had to find something well maintained. High mileage was fine (preferred actually, I put so much on it it would have been a waste to spend more on something low) but I was also on a bit of a budget. I had £6k for the car and a further ~£1.5k on hand for breakables (tyres, brakes, clutch etc).

Try getting something other than GM, silver or orange for 6k that's well maintained hahaha. Chances are if you like the colour, so does everyone else.

In the end I got a much better deal than expected, and the fact that it isn't blue or black don't bother me at all, since I'm always in it.

I was originally on the lookout for black, but ended up with a night blue HR which is pretty close to black anyway.

The condition and price clinched it for me, so I would base my decision on just that......condition and price.

Buy whatever pops up first if you really don't have a preference for one or the other.

My son has an azure but I love my night blue.

Hmmm.......decisions........decisions! :lol:

Don't stress too much about it, I'm sure you'll be happy whatever you decide!

However.......after driving on the M25 for 2 hours it looks grey!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is my issue, my previous 2 cars were black and both resprayed so quite good nick, and looked amazing after a multi-hour detailing, but the second I drove it it got dusty and annoyed me.

I am leaning more towards blue now as it looks like it can pull off a nice shine, and I can go for a blue/black scheme with the smaller details. I saw a lush roadster on here that had a half plasti-dipped bumper section in black... think I may try that if I get one!