Brexit 23rd June..?

coldel

168 members have voted

1. 1. How are you likely to vote in the upcoming EU referendum

• Stay
    • Leave
    • Unsure
    • Not going to vote

And in further breaking news Nicola Sturgeon is seeking urgent talks with the EU to protect Scotlands place in the EU after the UK voted to leave. FFS get over it, we voted, we got a result, some of us didn't like it but when we voted were all part of the UK andthe last time I checked it was democracy. Take it on the chin and get on with it.

• Like 1

Problem with Scotland is that they have an official mandate as part of the previous referendum that any significant constitutional change in UK law (such as leaving the EU) means she has every legal right to put this into play and request another through parliament. It's not cut and dry though that Indy would win, so her challenge is when does she run it (and I would say its 95% there that it will) does she take a chance and build up support for Independence and do it last minute or does she call it earlier and then give herself more time on the other side to sort Scotland out sooner rather than later separating it from the UK.

Probably because of the above, as Scotland will need to disentangle from the UK and depending on when it takes place, either remain in the EU or have to re-insert itself which are two different scenarios. At least she is putting in the leg work to find out how all of it will actually work to be fair is a sensible approach.

As much as I wanted Cameron to do well for the UK, he has literally overseen years of austerity (ok not his fault), destabilisation of the UK economy for who knows how long and a break from the EU, along with potentially conflict in Ireland, and Scotland leaving the UK. Not the sort of legacy I would imagine he had in mind...

About 1,000-1,500 people a minute are signing this.

Pete

EDIT, Wow!! just timed it for a minute, 3,200 new signatures.

Unless more than 16million people sign it its irrelevant, because we already know that amount of people "lost" and of course they want another crack at it? Look at Scotland and the SNP for example. Remember when UKIP got the 3rd highest amount of votes last election but only 1MP? Welcome to their world.

Talking of SNP and Scotland; How does:

- We want an independent Scotland free from WestMinster!

- We don't want to be independent from Brussels. We demand another referendum!

Even work. Like what is the logic behind that i dont get it sorry.

• Like 2

Problem with Scotland

Is they didnt even want to be part of the UK but part of the EU (go figure), but feel they every right to tell us how to vote and whats best for the UK, but come their referendum, they bottled it. The strangest thing of all is Sturgeon feels her not even 1.5 million votes is enough to make her judge, jury and executioner over the whole of the UK. Simply, she just despises Britain and as per Torqen, she is as xenophobic as they come!

Edited by Jetpilot

The last vote was based on Scotland wanting to stay in the UK given we were in the EU. Scotland had a 62% preference to stay in the EU. I would hazard a guess that the combination of both would lead to a vote Out of the UK if they went again. By all means, it won't be easy on them either, but if the voice of the people speak just as they did Thursday...

There was a low turnout (in reality) and i would bet my right nut it would be as close as before, whilst you may be right and the out just swings it this time, but and a big but, if they vote remain again, her career should be categorically over and any devolution should be reversed.

Edited by Jetpilot

To be honest I hope Article 50 gets invoked next week I cant put up with more smoke and mirrors from politicians talking rubbish. Lets get on with it, move to some sort of hybrid Norway model, get back to complying with EU regulation, and allowing movement of people and keep the economic uncertainty to an absolute minimum.

Problem with Scotland

Simply, she just despises Britain and as per Torqen, she is as xenophobic as they come!

I don't believe what I'm reading - Nicola Sturgeon? Xenophobic? After the campaign that Farage, BoJo & Gove ran?

I'm detecting full-on overtones of embitterment & hostility towards Scotland based on what I can only assume are a mixture of half truths & outright lies. If there wasn't a funamental flaw with the relationship between the home nations, a referendum would never have been called in the first place.

Cat calling Scots as ungrateful, petty ingrates isn't going to solve this constiutional crisis, nor will it heal the schism of what the EU referendum has created.

• Like 1

Cat calling Scots as ungrateful, petty ingrates isn't going to solve this constiutional crisis, nor will it heal the schism of what the EU referendum has created.

The schism wasnt caused by the referendum , its been boiling for many years helped in no small part by the rise of the SNP, good on them imo , the sooner Scotland gets its Independence the better

• Like 1

I'm detecting full-on overtones of embitterment & hostility towards Scotland

No really, after you had a referendum on wanting to stay in the UK, if anyone created that hostility look no further than your politicians.

I wonder how much hostility there would have been if Britain had decided on having a referendum on whether we wanted Scotland to be part of the UK.

Your right, there is a fundamental flaw, for some obscure reason Sturgeon feels less than 1.5 million votes is enough to to over rule 11 million that put our government in control :wacko:

Whatever Farage, Gove and Boris did doesnt stop Sturgeon being just as bad. I agree, there probably should be another ScotInd vote now, but for her to leap on it the same day as the results was utter stupidity. It's that kind of histrionic reaction that makes her come across incredibly poorly, and leads to further economic issues.

• Like 4

Whatever Farage, Gove and Boris did doesnt stop Sturgeon being just as bad. I agree, there probably should be another ScotInd vote now, but for her to leap on it the same day as the results was utter stupidity. It's that kind of histrionic reaction that makes her come across incredibly poorly, and leads to further economic issues.

Don't you just want to smack that smug grin of her face

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Watching news:

SkyNews is going to speak to "expats" in Costa del Sol :lol: PMSL!!!

So people coming to work, live and contribute to economy and society here are bloody immigrants, Brits retiring in Spain are expats. Oh, the irony...

No one has come to interview me yet :tumbleweed: . . . :lol:

Don't really see why they are asking them (or any expat) anyway, I chose to leave the UK, I don't get a vote, I have no intensions of moving back.

Seems from a distance as both campaigns were based on lies to try to win a vote, and even after the result everyone is still telling porky pies to cover for the lies that were told before.

With all the media/Facebook bollox going about I am quite frankly ashamed to be British Citizen . . hopefully I won't be for much longer. :teeth:

An expatriate (often shortened to expat) is a person temporarily or permanently residing, as an IMMIGRANT , in a country other than that of their citizenship :yawn:

Are you really lecturing me on that? :lol:

In UK Africans are immigrants. Arabs are immigrants. Asians are immigrants. Eastern European are immigrants.

However, Brits living abroad are expats because they can’t be at the same level as other ethnicities or nations. They are superior. Immigrants is a term set aside for "inferior races" or "inferior nations".

According to Miriam-Webster:

- the word “Expatriate†is actually a verb or an adjective and means someone “living in a foreign landâ€.

- the word “Immigrant†is a noun and means “a person who comes to a country to take permanent residenceâ€.

If we go only by these definitions above, I see one major distinction that sets them apart. Immigrants have an intention to stay – whereas for the expatriates this intention isn’t mentioned and isn’t clear.

So retiring in Spain as a Brit makes you Expat or Immigrant? Rhetorical, of course.