Brexit 23rd June..?

coldel

168 members have voted

1. 1. How are you likely to vote in the upcoming EU referendum

• Stay
    • Leave
    • Unsure
    • Not going to vote

Guess its just a time delay then, that Independant article is only 10mins old so I assume the BBC one is out-of-date in that case. I wonder why they published an unconfirmed story?

:nono:

I wonder when you're going to stop taking it personally and stop insulting me :) Have faith, I mean no harm :)

There is no announcement on the JPM site apart from a hint that they will move their legal teams etc. I would imagine client facing teams remain.

Ultimately I would be surprised if any company made a move now, I would expect them over the coming year or so to see how its panning out and make a call. If we move to the Norway model as Leave indicated we would have to operate under many EU directives anyway to trade (take control anyone?), but sit in the EEA which might be ok.

I'm sorry I didnt mean any harm, my scare-mongering comment was just a reflection of every post being about negatives, the last of which was untrue. It came over as a theme of "look at how bad everything is" which is why i said it wasnt helping.

Just accept you backed the wrong side and 1.2million extra people wanted to leave. Stop being so salty about it.

I refuse to accept that I backed the wrong side. I think leaving the EU is on par as an idea with America building a wall across the Mexican border. Xenophobia and ignorance have won the day...

So basically you read the media's coverage on Brexit and decided you should remain based on that right? And anyone that voted leave is a racist? Quite frankly if you think that voting leave is equivalent to building a wall between the states and mexico then your vote shouldn't be counted!

FTSE is back already to where it was in Feb when the referendum was annouced, I cant believe people put such an emphasis on something so volatile as if its some kind of prophecy.

Tell me about it! The amount of posts I've seen saying our "economy" has already lost £X on Facebook is getting on my nerves! If the FTSE 100 drops X then the economy hasn't lost X! The cash has simply been taken out of those stocks due to the possible risk, those who have taken their money out are likely to put it back in when the price is close to bottom.

Certainly we are going to see an economic slowdown, its inevitable. What worries me the most is that Boris is saying 'no need to rush' which translates to me as 'oh bugger we won and havent got a bloody clue how we are going to actually do this' :lol:;)

• Like 3

Certainly we are going to see an economic slowdown, its inevitable. What worries me the most is that Boris is saying 'no need to rush' which translates to me as 'oh bugger we won and havent got a bloody clue how we are going to actually do this' :lol:;)

Until we initiate article 50 by 'hitting the red button' (as the press are calling it) nothing will change legally, sure there may be some sentiment involved along the lines of "I better find another supplier in the EU before the UK actually leaves just in case" but in general nothing will change for at least a few years... I think Boris is saying "make the most of the free trade while we can to provide as much time as possible to get trade deals in place".

We can be sat in a recession in that time, that would change things...the longer we have no solid future in place, the less likely we are to be seen as a safe place for foreign investment - in my simple way of looking at it.

• Like 1

We can be sat in a recession in that time, that would change things...the longer we have no solid future in place, the less likely we are to be seen as a safe place for foreign investment - in my simple way of looking at it.

Too simple I think, I reckon a significant amount of today's rebound to the "economy" (i.e: the FTSE 100 according to the Facebookers) is likely to be foreign investors, they're spending less Euros/Dollars/Yen to get the same number of shares in Vodafone (or whichever FTSE 100 constituent you wish to pick) so it's actually a good time to buy for them, well this morning was a good time anyway, that boats probably sailed by now.

But going back to the main issue which people claimed to vote leave, was control - if we got the norway model where many of our industries have to comply to EU regulation, how would that make you feel?

Just accept you backed the wrong side and 1.2million extra people wanted to leave. Stop being so salty about it.

I refuse to accept that I backed the wrong side. I think leaving the EU is on par as an idea with America building a wall across the Mexican border. Xenophobia and ignorance have won the day...

So basically you read the media's coverage on Brexit and decided you should remain based on that right? And anyone that voted leave is a racist? Quite frankly if you think that voting leave is equivalent to building a wall between the states and mexico then your vote shouldn't be counted!

Don't get upset with me because you're now forever associated with the same demographic that read the sun, like Britain First and vote BNP. There were some interesting economic questions tabled by the Brexit campaign, but I personally couldn't get behind some of the worst detritus our political system can generate, who were so bitterly focused on stirring up intolerance and hatred that they failed to deliver any substantial plans for a Leave vote. Your leader has even come out this morning on TV and basically said that your main promise was complete horse sh!t... and I'm the one who shouldn't have been allowed to vote? :lol:

Don't get upset with me because you're now forever associated with the same demographic that read the sun, like Britain First and vote BNP. There were some interesting economic questions tabled by the Brexit campaign, but I personally couldn't get behind some of the worst detritus our political system can generate, who were so bitterly focused on stirring up intolerance and hatred that they failed to deliver any substantial plans for a Leave vote. Your leader has even come out this morning on TV and basically said that your main promise was complete horse sh!t... and I'm the one who shouldn't have been allowed to vote? :lol:

I couldn't give a toss about what lies the politicians (of both sides) spouted, my vote was based on facts I could find and back up. I'm not upset, just rather disappointed that people who were voting remain have started assuming that the 52% of those who voted are racist. Booing Boris this morning when he left home?? Jesus! We're British for Christ sake, at least give a good old tut tut, drink your tea and commute to work like any other day!

• Like 1

Think you will find its a minority of remainers that think those voting leave are racist, but many moreso of leavers who assume that the remainers think that way. That actually winds me up more, almost to the point you have to ignore leavers who just leap to this conclusion because you dare assume that some people voted leave on that single issue (which will have).

Edited by coldel

Think you will find its a minority of remainers that think those voting leave are racist, but many moreso of leavers who assume that the remainers think that way. That actually winds me up more, almost to the point you have to ignore leavers who just leap to this conclusion because you dare assume that some people voted leave on that single issue (which will have).

To be fair, my Facebook feed this morning was brimming with Remain voters spouting that 52% of the UK population are racist bigots, so HaydnH's comment is based on fact.

I'm in no way suggesting, of course, that all Remain voters think that way!! There is however a vocal contingent that are cheerfully labelling Leave voters as racists and bigots. :(

• Like 1

To be fair, my Facebook feed this morning was brimming with Remain voters spouting that 52% of the UK population are racist bigots, so HaydnH's comment is based on fact.

I'm in no way suggesting, of course, that all Remain voters think that way!! There is however a vocal contingent that are cheerfully labelling Leave voters as racists and bigots. :(

Unfortunately I think you are right, both sides seem to have a very vocal minority who clearly don't speak for the majority. Social media in all it's glory :rant::thumbdown:

^^^ agreed... i voted remain but in know way think leavers are racist bigots... no, theyre human beings with their own thoughts and opinions, totally different ;-)

Fixed that for you, cos God did it need it! :lol:

^^^ agreed... i voted remain but in know way think leavers are racist bigots... no, theyre human beings with their own thoughts and opinions, totally different ;-)

Fixed that for you, cos God did it need it! :lol:

Yeah totally what i meant... the perils of auto-correct!

But going back to the main issue which people claimed to vote leave, was control - if we got the norway model where many of our industries have to comply to EU regulation, how would that make you feel?

I thought that The Norway model included free movement? In any case any products that we sell to The EU will have to comply to EU regulations/standards. The Swiss model is very similar. So will The EU make us a special case or will be able to negotiate a Norway style relationship without free movement? A lot of experts say it could go 2 ways either they need our business so badly that they'll offer us a good deal or they'll punish us to dissuade other countries from leaving. The other issue is what happens before we actually leave The EU, will there be an overwhelming rush of migrants getting in before our doors are locked? Or will they think that The U.K is no longer an attractive place to come to?

Pete

Think you will find its a minority of remainers that think those voting leave are racist, but many moreso of leavers who assume that the remainers think that way.

Admittedly I could have add a "some" before "people" in my previous post, but I didn't say "all" people who voted remain either. Sorry to quote you again Paddy, but as an example my FB feed is covered with stuff like this right now:

To be fair, I blame the Leave campaigners and the press. When the main argument you see on repeat from them is "migration, migration, migration" I guess you can't help but feel as if anyone voting leave is agreeing with that point. I couldn't give a stuff about migration (considering my wife is from Paris quite the opposite), however I still want to know where the corruption (Statue of Mars penis anybody?), failing EU economy (50% unemployment in places, reduction in GDP as % of world GDP) type arguments were...