Brad's full engine rebuild - Done, in, running MOT passed!

-Bradders-

Coming together then Brad which is good to see. ;)

So has your engine builder recommended any particular running in procedure for when it is all back together?

I had to do a running in procedure on an old car I had (my96 JDM Impreza) that I had the engine rebuilt on & lets just say it was a PITA. :yawn::thumbdown:

• Like 1

So has your engine builder recommended any particular running in procedure for when it is all back together?

I had to do a running in procedure on an old car I had (my96 JDM Impreza) that I had the engine rebuilt on & lets just say it was a PITA. :yawn::thumbdown:

Not really, had someone tell me do like 30 miles, drain oil, do 250, drain again then 500 then swap out mineral to 10/40, but builder said just use 10/40 and run it for a while as in not under load just running, then swap it out, do 1000 mile under 3k, then swap it out again lol

This hadn't even crossed my mind. Great query :thumbs:

Not really, had someone tell me do like 30 miles, drain oil, do 250, drain again then 500 then swap out mineral to 10/40, but builder said just use 10/40 and run it for a while as in not under load just running, then swap it out, do 1000 mile under 3k, then swap it out again lol

Well whatever your engine builder tells you to do Brad is what I'd do. Because that way if something goes wrong then you can at least say you did everything he said to and hopefully he'll stand by his build & fix it for you (foc).

Changing the oil regularly at first though is important as no doubt they'll be a fair bit of rubbish in it after the first bit of wearing in. :thumbs:

• Like 1

Yeah i'm pretty sure he knows his stuff! so i might just stick with 2 x 5l of 10w40 mobil. and let him run the first half hour or so, then drain it out, then run it in for 1000 miles, then drop it out again and thrash the tits off it! :lol:

• Like 1

I'm using very expensive, and weirdly bright red, break in oil in mine. It's weird, people in the states use break in oil or a break in additive as a minimum, but it's rarely used over here. A lot of people seem to use mineral oil, which breaks down quickly.

The build looks awesome bradders, glad it's coming together :)

• Like 2

Me too lol! Thinking of getting the car sprayed after as a treat to myself. Only plastidip. Yes I know it looks like cake but its developed a lot over the last 6 months and they now have gloss finishes and the guy I want to take it to seems to have got it down to a T and it looks pretty smooth!

Saw the gearbox back together yesterday in the garage, didnt get a chance to spray it though. my blocks going back on the builders engine stand tonight (has another customer's engine on it atm) then its fulltime back on my engine!

• Like 1

Dunn dunn dunnnnnnnnnnnnnnn...........

pictures talk.

decided im throwing this in instead.

IMG_20160330_205324_zpsjaxpejf3.jpg

Lol jks.

IMG_20160330_205312_zpsh3fababn.jpg

Gearbox back together and painted.

IMG_20160330_205301_zps1x4xhge7.jpg

This ones my favourite pic below, both the builders current projects... all shiney

IMG_20160330_205249_zpskjc0f3jl.jpg

Sump sprayed.

IMG_20160330_204642_zpsz3jznfr1.jpg

old bits:

IMG_20160330_185307_zpshi0vkiao.jpg

engineee...

IMG_20160330_185240_zpsl5jyr4qr.jpg

IMG_20160330_185110_zpslugisgrg.jpg

IMG_20160330_185230_zpsae19ziyt.jpg

IMG_20160330_185131_zpsqu2dvlyf.jpg

Let the builder cleaning up more parts when i left last night.

• Like 6

Just a teaser heres the guys i want to plasti dip the car:

https://www.facebook...35863916582/?ft

Only works if you got fb i think.

It's a pity the stuff isn't shiny/reflective otherwise for me it would be perfect (and easy to do yourself).

I get my plasti from http://matt-pack.co.uk/ - it's the proper US stuff (definitely better than EU) - just to note they also do spraying as well :thumbs: