Brad's full engine rebuild - Done, in, running MOT passed!

-Bradders-

Finallyyyyyyy! Last 2 parts ordered for the builds. 2 baulk rings. Cost 90 quid shipped. From the us compared to Nissan who wanted 55 + vat each for them! So that's everything apart from the fluids. Although I have all the gearbox oil. Just need engine and coolant when done. The rest is there even the spray to do the block. I'm all done a paid out lol.

I'm happy chappy.

Good man, top effort, I'm impressed :thumbs::clap:
  • Like 1

Badders,

If you tip your exhaust up you will probably still have 5lt of oil sloping around in there !!!!

This has been an epic rebuild, I bet the car will be transformed when you drive it next! Run it in properly and enjoy your Scotland trip, after this you deserve some fun.

• Like 1

Cheers guys! New exhaust system already in the garage so no oil in there lol.

Thanks for the kind words! I really hope it feels new when its done! I think i might do a few laps of the m25 ring when its back together lol! Run it in quicker :lol:

• Like 2

Get it sorted for the 20th mate! :)

Of this month?

Yeah, for the Pod :)

You part of revillusion? lol i doubt it will together and run in by then, but if i get it together i will deffo come down for the drive! will help run it in!

Revillusion? Never heard of them. Nah, I'm going down with TeamTarmac, mate is bringing his Gallardo so should be a good run out :)

Its craig smith and he's lot, few zeds! if i come i'll get my mate to come in his 645 too! he couldnt beat me last time :p

Gallardo! nice, i was out in this today! a friend hired it for his brothers wedding! (the guy with the 645 lol)

AhqCHyVg296yUoYDDFG1fwJ25ADLCODH9scYVnEZ_ulW.jpg

Edited by -Bradders-
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

small update but exciting! Its began! I even had space to pull the car out the garage for the first time in 5 months!! jet washed the engine bay too!

Anndddddd....

Its started! the put together/clean up has began, i left the Builder about 10:30pm last night polishing each valve individually to clean them up and reseat. The block has been rehoned, cleaned and sprayed silver.

anywayyyy heres some pics to keep the excitement up!

Oh and the baulk rings arrived from the states so the gearbox build back together started today also!

IMG_20160314_224133_zpsap8ry9j6.jpg

Before it was painted. i dont have an after as i left before he done it!

IMG_20160314_224113_zpsbyrcaw6u.jpg

should i wack this in instead? lol

IMG_20160314_224047_zpstvwumqrl.jpg

Than all laid out ready to start project clean up and put back together!

IMG_20160314_224018_zpsqacf065w.jpg

IMG_20160314_224014_zpsfac1l9ut.jpg

IMG_20160314_224027_zpszm5tonj2.jpg

bit dark and had no battery for flash but jetwashed the bay ready to be touched up/hammerited/painted!

IMG_20160314_222911_zpsrkwcf9zs.jpg

Edited by -Bradders-
  • Like 3

If you can, I recommend the vibra-technics mounts that I got installed yesterday mate (considering the motor is out) :)

Great work dude !

Pros and cons??

No cons mate (except for £227.86), the engine is kept in place rather than floating around.

Worth doing the bushings on the rest of the drive-line though, gear change feels a crap ton better (but I had other bits done before the engine mounts).

Ultimately it depends what you want from your car.

If you do go with vibra-technics I've got the road ones, they also do a track one, no added vibration from my road ones that I can notice.

updates updates updates!!

I'll let the pics talk.

Before:

After:

IMG_20160316_190246_zpsot1cdyca.jpg

Before:

IMG_20160316_182725_zpshahg7rcc.jpg

After:

IMG_20160316_202405_zps4yetfqtu.jpg

Before: