Wheel Colours for a black Zed?

Andymac183

I'm getting my Rays 18's refurbished and painted next week, and am having trouble deciding on colours.

The car is going down an 'all-black' route already as I've de-badged (except black burger badges) and done the windows and door handles too.

I was thinking satin or matt black, or is this TOO much? Does anyone have this combination already? How does it look?

And dipping them carbon - awesome, or tacky?

Show me your black zeds with interesting wheels!

a nice matt gold looks good on black. not like a subaru gold.

I immediately thought of Bronze TE37 Ultras and coincidentally enough, here's a Stillen Supercharged one with exactly that!

11836760_1032389693439231_1509058991861042521_n.jpg?oh=32ad88920a0c783961144521d251317b&oe=571112FC

• Like 3

I love that bronze...I think its coming down to between that, Shadow Chrome, or matt black/red lip...!

The only thing I'd say with all black is that you may lose the features of the wheels as they may get lost in the arches. That's why I went for shadow chrome as they have that finish, but the bronze also looks good too :)

Loads of colours work as the photos show, but they all have one thing in common, none of them are std rays, which you dont get the same effect with a colour change due to the design/size imho. Keep them silver and put the refurb money and sale price towards some wheels that show off a decent colour.

Loads of colours work as the photos show, but they all have one thing in common, none of them are std rays, which you dont get the same effect with a colour change due to the design/size imho. Keep them silver and put the refurb money and sale price towards some wheels that show off a decent colour.

Normally I would agree with that. But last night I came across this on driftworks. Black with anthracite rays and it actually looks pretty good

http://www.driftworks.com/forum/drift-cars-sale-private-sales/244326-2004-nissan-350z.html

• Like 1

Black and Blue! Side milled spokes are almost impossible to replicate though, esp on something as narrow as Rays.

20150517_152026_zpsay7fnmiy.jpg

Chirags wheels look amazing. That could work well with rays.

What wheels are these? Sorry if it's been said already. As my z is black and I've got my engine bay dressed in blue and these will be exactly what I need. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk