My awesome courtesy car :D

Kieran_ctr

Imo, it's not a proper sports car if it comes in a diesel version, or generally speaking in various engine sizes (I can currently only think of the Cayman/boxster as exceptions to this rule)

911's vary slightly across the models too, 991 ranges from 3.4 up to 4.0 for the RS

As do the Fairlady Z's. 3.5l for the standard, 3.8l for the RS

3.8RS was a one off limited run. Doesn't count. Okay so I may be wrong with some multi engine cars but none of those have diesel versions. All full on throaty petrol versions.

Should we mention hydrids or do they not count either as sports car?

Imo, it's not a proper sports car if it comes in a diesel version, or generally speaking in various engine sizes (I can currently only think of the Cayman/boxster as exceptions to this rule)

911's vary slightly across the models too, 991 ranges from 3.4 up to 4.0 for the RS

3.8RS was a one off limited run. Doesn't count. Okay so I may be wrong with some multi engine cars but none of those have diesel versions. All full on throaty petrol versions.

Should we mention hybrid's or do they not count as sports cars either?

So a 420hp car is apparently gay, as is Maserati for putting diesels in their cars. I suppose this video just supports that too ..........

Maybe it could be that BBK is so wide of the mark its unreal? :stir:

Edited by docwra

So a 420hp car is apparently gay, as is Maserati for putting diesels in their cars. I suppose this video just supports that too ..........

Maybe it could be that BBK is so wide of the mark its unreal? :stir:

Doesn't count, it's got 4WD.

So in reality that's just a race between two pseudo sports cars.

post-13781-145191527831_thumb.png

Diesel

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I don't know why people get excited about turbo 4wd cars - we had 400bhp scoobies in 1995, and for a lot less than the £45k Audi wanted for one of these. Still a rare sight on the roads along with the A45 AMG which does the same thing.

Audi has become quite the "brand" to have these days and sure the build quality/trim levels etc are pretty good, certainly better than Subarus, but your right, nothing special about 400hp 4 wheel drive in itself.

I was pretty shocked when the Noble M600 came out and it was £200k, i thought the same then, a 600hp+ rwd car with steel brakes and a manual box, hardly ground breaking, but it seemed to get rave reviews so i was obviously in the minority.

I don't know why people get excited about turbo 4wd cars - we had 400bhp scoobies in 1995, and for a lot less than the £45k Audi wanted for one of these. Still a rare sight on the roads along with the A45 AMG which does the same thing.

Audi has become quite the "brand" to have these days and sure the build quality/trim levels etc are pretty good, certainly better than Subarus, but your right, nothing special about 400hp 4 wheel drive in itself.

I was pretty shocked when the Noble M600 came out and it was £200k, i thought the same then, a 600hp+ rwd car with steel brakes and a manual box, hardly ground breaking, but it seemed to get rave reviews so i was obviously in the minority.

The excitement about 4WD 400bhp cars is probably to do with the fact that down most roads they're quicker than anything else. That and in terms of pub bragging rights they're fairly high up the pecking order.

I think the Noble was exciting precisely because of the lack of gizmos - it was a good old-fashioned supercar. I wouldn't be surprised if it's a lot harder to drive well than a P1 or 458.

• Like 1

Sure, there's a strong argument that it's overpriced, but then objectively justifying the price of any car over 50k or so is probably a fruitless task. At the end of the day, a car is worth as much as people are willing to pay.

• Like 2

Diesel

Lol.

Diesel

Lol.

Actually I might add that I think it's a jointly developed diesel with......der ner ner ner!!!! Ferarri!!!!

Having had 2 turbo Scoobies and the now the A45 the OEM power outputs are nothing near those figures. Even the P1 Scooby in OEM form was just 276bhp whilst the A45, even in the latest facelift form is 381 bhp so you are talking about significantly modified models there. I can certainly vouch that the A45's performance, and grip, in OEM form (mine is 354bhp) is in a different league to the Scoobies in OEM form

http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/reviews/facts-and-figures/subaru/impreza/saloon-1993/

http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/car-news/first-official-pictures/mercedes-benz/mercedes-a45-amg-muscles-up-to-381bhp-in-2016-a-class-facelift/

A friend of mine has one of these

Granted its fecking quick (as a passenger, wont let me drive it) and ticks all the right boxes for him B)

However, a quick pole in the pub and out of 8 of us, 6 preferred my zed

Say no more ;)

Rob

• Like 3

A friend of mine has one of these

Granted its fecking quick (as a passenger, wont let me drive it) and ticks all the right boxes for him B)

However, a quick pole in the pub and out of 8 of us, 6 preferred my zed

Say no more ;)

Rob

You've probably let them drive your Z before ;-)

Edited by -G-