At last some pictures!

johnrw

Took a while had Z for nearly 3 months now and finally got some pictures of how it looks now here is what I have done do far. Might not look much but has took every spare penny and every spare minutes of time:-

All fluids replaced – including clutch fluid can't believe how much better this made clutch feel!

Spark Plugs

Engine drive belt

Private plate

Black Z badges

Smoked indicators

Painted door handles black

Painted front reflectors black

Painted parts of inside of headlights black

Pioneer App radio and reversing camera

Uprated speakers and a little amp in glove box

Wheels refurbed and powder coated in black chrome

New front discs and pads and handbrake adjusted on rears – handbrake now works on hills :)

Goodyear F1 Eagles fitted all round – much better than just legal yokohama's that were on it

Replaced damaged wheel arch liner

Bonnet struts

LED side lights

Loads of other bits of interior and exterior and other niggles sorted out

Also bought an N1 spoiler but now can't make my mind up whether to fit it or leave it original.....

Next job oil gallery gaskets. Pressure within spec but want to do them for peace of mind....

Absolutely love it not been so obsessed with a car since my S14a

Not the fastest car I have owned but love the low down torque really good for an NA and the gear ratios are excellent and its great to be back in a rear wheel drive!

Right_zpsmmqxzbeb.jpg

Left_zpsovajes1v.jpg

Front_zpszai1x3cd.jpg

Rear_zpshq6nhin4.jpg

Engine_zpsvlw3xst2.jpg

• Like 5

Don't usually like refurb'd Rays in a non-standard colour, but those look the danglies !

Was a last minute decision. I was going to have them done standard and then the refurb place had examples of all different finishes on wheels. Spent ages deciding and the guy at the place was getting well bored with me :) He said that he did not think they would look right in black chrome because spokes were not wide enough.....I spent all day thinking how bad it would look but then was really happy when I picked it up. To be honest photos do not do it justice in sunlight they flick from really dark to really light ....well impressed!

Looks great! How much of a job was it to paint the inside of the headlights?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Personally I don't think its too bad a job. There is loads of 'how to' on internet. I have done quite a few headlights like this over the years. Basically you have to get the adhesive hot then pull them apart. Some people bake them in an oven some use heat guns. I did mine with missus's hair dryer but it is one of them super hot fantastic things with loads of settings just had it all on max. From experience you will never get them to seal properly with the original adhesive I put quite a lot of RTV silicon round the edges when I put them back together. Depends if you can live with the untidy silicon on the edges if you look close at my under bonnet picture you can see its not perfect on the showing edge. I did not have much to lose really the offside one had a chip in it and the wheel arch liner was damaged so it had quite a bit of water inside it and looked horrible. You have to remove bumper to get at headlight bolts to get them off as well.

Great job but you need a stubby. Would look great lowered too on some Tein S springs.

Had a stubby for a while but radio reception was crap and I'm getting old so listen to radio sometimes lol

Maybe would think about lowering but a long way down the line. Clutch and Exhaust will come first I think. Yours looks excellent!

• Like 1