The 2016 F1 chat thread

Ebized

Qualifying is fine it doesn't need faffing around with. Fastest cars get to the front, that's the way it should be. I'm not a fan of mucking around with rules just for the sake of 'close racing', there's other series that do that if you just want a different winner every time. F1 should be about the fastest being the fastest, and if you're the best you should get the advantage. If it makes for a boring race then so be it, if the series dies because of it so be it, but don't change what the series is actually about.

• Like 1

Even under the small chance they did that this time, I can't see that happenong all the time.

Although I still don't think they did it on purpos last Sunday.

Well it was great publicity due to the youngest winner record, and publicity is the main point of F1...

EDIT: Included quote.

Edited by BobbyZ

Qualifying is fine it doesn't need faffing around with. Fastest cars get to the front, that's the way it should be.

I couldn't agree more. I pretty much went off formula one about the time brawn won and all the double/blown diffuser fiasco. If the rules are there at the start of the season and someone finds a novel way around the rules that gives them an advantage then fair play to them. If you really have to make a mid-season decision on whether or not something's legal don't take half a bloody season making that decision.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Not sure if this has already been posted, anyone going to the British Grand Prix at Silverstone next weekend? :cloud9:

I'll be around cheering on Lewis Hamilton for the home race win :teeth: Around all weekend camping, unfortunately won't be taking the zed though.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Exactly. He's miserable, grumpy, and no longer funny at all. He's taking up a place that another driver who actually enjoys F1 could be taking, thus freeing up another place further down the grid for a youngster to have a go. Kimi, Button, Massa, they're just hanging on serving no purpose.

Still, at least two of those three are off next year...

Exactly. He's miserable, grumpy, and no longer funny at all. He's taking up a place that another driver who actually enjoys F1 could be taking, thus freeing up another place further down the grid for a youngster to have a go. Kimi, Button, Massa, they're just hanging on serving no purpose.

Still, at least two of those three are off next year...

Could take Alonso with them, he's got enough World Championships and money. Now owns a Top Spanish Cycling Team.

Doing him no favours, but I have no doubt that having both he and Button involved (not necessarily driving though...) is doing McLaren and/or Honda some favours.

I'm no fan of Alonso's so I couldn't care less if he's rotting away somewhere sub-standard but I do appreciate his talent behind a wheel and he's got to be a major part in the development of that engine and car these days. I can only image how much further behind McLaren would be with that turd of an engine if it weren't for Button and Alonso being involved... not saying it's just down to those two by the way.

Lewis didn't get the correct setup all weekend, hence why he was so far off the pace. He gambled with sticking with one setup hoping he'd learn it, but it just didn't work out.

That said, Rosberg had the race of his life, I've rarely seen him look that comfortable. Although another couple of laps and Ricciardo would've had him I reckon.

Still too many races left to call it. Malaysia could go either way, I'd expect Lewis to do well at Suzuka and COTA, Mexico will be tight, Brazil suits Lewis more, and if it goes down to the final race at Yas Marina I'd put money on Hamilton as he's been there and done it before. Rosberg looks more comfortable then he's ever been, but he's not had a fraction of the issues that Lewis has had this year. Wait until it starts getting tough, then we'll see.

I actually have bet on Nico to win, just so at least if it does happen then I have money to console me.

If he doesn't do it this year, he'll never do it. He has the best mechanics, had a 48pt lead at one point, his main competitor has suffered from many mechanical issues, he's driving as well as he ever has. If Lewis beats him again, then I think he'll never ever be the same again.

• 2 weeks later...