350Z joins the fleet

Just got my first Z ( 2 weeks ago ), seeing the mileages achieved and relatively problem free makes me think I'll probably never change it now.

It's a 2004 with the GT pack and 26K with supporting paperwork / history, the previous owner had bought it from Sturgess in Leicester when it was 3 years old and apart from routine maintenance, wheels re-furbished and front end resprayed due to stone chips it's had no other work.

It will be used as my daily hack but as I mostly work from home I will probably only cover about 3 to 4K a year, it also joins my two classics, a 1961 TR4 which I've owned for half of my life ( 26yrs ) and a 1966 A35 van which again I've had for over 17 years.

Definitely see me keeping the Z for a long time, as long as I last anyway LOL.

23jsl5s.jpg

w0lytd.jpg

j6inet.jpg

• Like 3

Hello and welcome :wave:

Done any mods to the TR?

I remember when I got my first car, a Herald 13/60, there was a Triumph tuning firm, SAH Accessories from Leighton Buzzard.

I used to drool over the catalogue for hours on end! :D

• Like 1

Thank's for the welcome's all.

Hello and welcome :wave:

Done any mods to the TR?

I remember when I got my first car, a Herald 13/60, there was a Triumph tuning firm, SAH Accessories from Leighton Buzzard.

I used to drool over the catalogue for hours on end! :D

Only subtle one's to be fair, after a body off restoration where I did most of the donkey work ( 1989 > 1992 ) and everything apart from the outer panels was shotblasted, cleaned and refurbished I had a full leather interior fitted, fitted a spin on oil filter conversion and things like TR6 quick release fuel cap and 4A steering wheel were retained.

I also found out just after buying the car ( via a Heritage trace ) that the car was a very early RHD TR4 ( 286th built ) and that it was used as a press vehicle including the first owner being Donald Stokes ( Director of Standard Triumph ) at the time 1961, who later became Lord Stokes the British Leyland supremo.

• Like 1

I love old vans and especially one like yours. Classic vans are great as when they were made they were obviously built as work horses and to see one that has survived the test of time is brilliant. Older vans also have so much character about them. Lovely

PS. The Z looks great too ( forgot i was on Z forum for a sec ) !!!! Ooops

• Like 1

I must admit although I'd been looking on and off for a while as I'd always liked them and fancied one, when I did go to see this I went in all honesty to use it as a benchmark as it was the first I'd actually viewed.

When I arrived I was hoping that I would be able to find something wrong or I didn't like and had it in my mind that I certainly wasn't going to buy the first I looked at.....or was I?

Well after the initial inspection and being taken on a test drive ( I wasn't insured ), it was clear that this car was a little special to be fair and had all the supporting history to boot.

I couldn't fault it on looks as the bodywork and interior was immaculate, together with the recently refurbished wheels and such low mileage.

I did walk away at this stage and did a little more homework on the car including speaking to the garage who had serviced and mot'd it for the past few years.

So to summerise the benchmark was set so high and I was so taken back with this car I deliberated over the weekend and knew that if I let it go I would probably regret it, the deal was struck on the Monday lunchtime and I picked it up later that afternoon.

• Like 1

Yeah, similar to me although I have owned one back in 2004 and viewed 1 other before purchasing this time around. I also did garage checks when I was sure I wanted mine, as my car had only done 15,900 miles with history... but even written down it seems unbelievable on a 12 year old motor. I noticed yours on autotrader a week after buying mine, which made me laugh as I convinced myself I'd not get another car in the spec I wanted (my car is exactly the same as yours) with sub 30k miles on for the right money :lol: Typical!

Glad it worked out though and happy zedding.

Edited by mdunbar
  • Like 1

Well done on getting what you wanted and especially with that mileage as well, I initially saw mine on Piston Heads and it was priced at £8950.

I then noticed it was reduced to £7950 on there and arranged with the owner to view and he asked me where I'd seen it advertised, I then noticed he had put the price back up to £8450 and then I looked at it on Auto Trader where there were a few more photo's and the number plate wasn't blanked out.

I ended up paying the £7950.

• Like 1