Embarrased by my car today.....

Kraziekatz1

Really is that the best Nissan could come up with????

I've clearly never used the horn on my car before.......but had to use it today to wake a fellow road user up, and was a little taken aback by it's timid nature! Could barely hear it over the exhaust and it felt like the noise was coming from someone else's car.

It made a little feeble "Erm, excuse me....could you please go, the lights are green" noise,

when I was expecting more of a "WAKE UP!!! ARE YOU STUPID?? THE LIGHTS ARE GREEN.....DON'T STOP AND WAIT FOR THEM TO TURN RED. YOU MORON!!!".

I'm guessing this is the point where I find out I missed out on the group buy for Dixie Horns lol

• Like 1

DaveAllen....they sell them on Ebay. There's a car that drives past my office every lunchtime and gives a Dixie horn blast...big hedge in the way so never actually see what car it's attached to!

Not sure the gunshot would work Humpy....abandoned cars & people fleeing might cause more traffic issues

Edit: just been told the Dixie horn is attached to a rather nice black 1960/70s mustang :) Awesome....love American muscle cars!

Edited by Kraziekatz1

My previous car was a corsa vxr. The original owner had either forgot to tick the upgraded two-tone horn option or it had otherwise broken; the sound it emitted was a truly pathetic monotone squeak... so I find the Zed's horn to be reasonable sounding in comparison!:D

There was an optional 350z 'sports horn' from the factory. Not sure if this was a JDM only option but i had it on my old zed, and as you say it was embarrassing. a high pitched toot as opposed to a proper horn.

The standard UK horn is much better, and luckily for me Leonk game me a spare one he had so i swapped mine over.

Go buck wild and get one of these for those green light snoozers.

Can someone please post this as a video in here...

sorted :thumbs:

You a mod now then, ioneabee? When that happen? Congratulations:)

for my sins

can't remember when ..... before the summer anyway

• Like 1

I didn't think the horn on the z was so bad actually. The courtesy Punto I had years ago had a truly pathetic horn!

I probably am being a bit harsh :( It's probably more to do with the loud exhaust and the louder music (so I can actually hear it over the exhaust)......was just expecting something a bit more deeper, base-like, more butch even. Not too worry, doubt I'll use it again.