Biggest reform to regulations since driving test introduced in 1935?

Adrian@TORQEN

Waste of time and money. I'd rather see re-tests every ten years, with more weight given to making progress and consideration for others than silly things like shuffling the wheel or reverse parking.

Also, power limits for young drivers please.

• Like 2

Woah, failure rates already at 50%, no wonder standards on the road are shocking.

I agree with Ekona, much more emphasis needs to be put on driving awareness than being able to, reverse round a corner, parallel park, three point turn etc and definitely a motorway section or option of if you want to drive on them.

Waste of time and money. I'd rather see re-tests every ten years, with more weight given to making progress and consideration for others than silly things like shuffling the wheel or reverse parking.

No section on matched rubber across axles and the perils of ditch

finders?

Wouldn't a continual assessment be a good thing rather than a one off test. I know it's naive to think instructors wouldn't take the mickey and keep you taking lessons forever but I don't think an hour with a random is as good an evaluation as many hours with one person.

I too would prefer everyone had to retake their test every 10 years, plus have to take the Advanced Driving Test and retake this regularly too.

Restrictions of power (bhp/cc) related to driving age and experience too.

What to do about those who refrain from purchasing Insurance though ?

What are penalties / fines for this ?

It doesn't have to be a full retest, just basic hazard perception and car control, it could be done by advanced driving instructors, I. E. One lesson every ten years.

Uninsured drivers ought to be a thing of the past by now with all the anpr cameras but unless someone bothers to catch them and crush the cars the potential saving is too much of an incentive for young drivers who generally only think about themselves and today!

I followed an old lady home from work today and it was positively scary.She was literally driving in the middle of the road, barely reached 20, if a car was coming the other way she veered violently towards the pavement and at any turns or roundabouts she came to a near stop and kept shuffling the wheel to be able to get round.

Compulsory retest at retirement age and every 5 afterwards.

You should of reported them to the police. The Driving & Vehicle standards now conduct tests called"DVLA referral". These are where the police decide to send them to see if they are still capable of driving. Suppose they need the opinion of a expert.

I followed an old lady home from work today and it was positively scary.She was literally driving in the middle of the road, barely reached 20, if a car was coming the other way she veered violently towards the pavement and at any turns or roundabouts she came to a near stop and kept shuffling the wheel to be able to get round.

Compulsory retest at retirement age and every 5 afterwards.

That's already in place, it's called insurance. ;)

If the bank of mum and dad is big enough, its not a factor.

So what would be the two things people would like to see introduced most to the test etc

Motorway driving

Overtaking

Haha, I read the title as DAFT report reveals..... lol

I took a driving re-test recently, (been driving for 20+ years) and glad to say I passed with flying colours. Was surprised when my assessor said that most of the other drivers had failed.......everyone on the assessment already held a full licence!!!