Not your usual build thread! - Update - Retro games lounge

marzman

So my wife and i recently purchased our first house. We've been renting for 8 years but we are now very happy home owners. Sarnie played a huge part in this by securing us a great mortgage which beat anything else i could find - thanks mate if you're reading.

Anyway - the house... it's amazing. It's pretty huge (to us), with 5 bedrooms and a double garage. We dont have kids so all rooms are for us to use as we please! So far i've got an office and i'm building a retro-games lounge / man cave. I'll add pics of that to this thread once it's in a bit better shape!

Anyway onto today's build - on the top floor of the house there is a small doorway into the eaves, where we have approx a 13m long passageway that's been boarded and has power. B)

Rather than fill it with crap i decided to make good use of it, for one of my hobbies.

I started out with these bits

IMG_3662_zpstrjky1nh.jpg

...and this space

IMG_3672_zpsxmxdg49c.jpg

IMG_3663_zpsm3a9az7c.jpg

...and fitted them like this

IMG_3664_zpsqayy1uag.jpg

... to make one of these - a Target Retrieval System! I collect CO2 pistols/rifles and usually do a bit of target practice in my garage, but i thought this made more sense. B)

IMG_3665_zpswwnz7gdb.jpg

IMG_3667_zpsrtcgnvmz.jpg

... okay it's not motorised yet but it will be soon. For now it's a manual job to wind the target back and forth, but it's a start!

I've bought a big piece of foam to catch the bb's which you can see at the end of the range. Works really well.

Here's what i was shooting with.

IMG_3671_zpssmcmsqiv.jpg

Edited by marzman
  • Like 11

:lol: that's awesome what's the plans for the other rooms/garage??

So i've still got some more to do on the range first. I'm going to get some military webbing and a couple of sandbags, and some ammo crates etc so that when you open the door it's like a real themed room. Utterly pointless other than to look cool. :lol:

I'm also going to be hiding this room behind a secret bookcase hidden door, complete with a book lever handle! I've read a few DIY's and they're a pretty easy build.

Garage i have lots of plans for. But all in good time there.

You knew I'd love this Chris. :D

Great idea, ....couldn't see the video though for some reason. :dry:

I sure did mate. I've been wanting to send you a message about it since i moved in, but wanted to wait to see if it actually worked first!!

Not sure whats up with youtube... maybe it's because its only just uploaded.

Edited by marzman

Great idea, if I want to shoot in relative warmth during the winter I have to open the French door and shoot into the garden, just finishing off making a new stock for my PCP rifle, will post a pic if anyone is interested.

Yeah post some pics up!

The guns are pretty cool too! i take it your hobby is airsoft! was suppose to do a weekender last weekend but missed out on it!

These arent airsoft, they're 4.5mm metal bb's. Definitely penetrate the skin so you dont want to be shooting anyone!

I've never done any airsoft skirmishing but i'd like to.

• Like 1

Recently re took up Air Rifle target shooting after many years, glad to say I'm still a good shot, anyway bought myself a budget Gamo Coyote PCP rifle, its very accurate but a bit lacking in style, and the trigger is a stretch, so I bought myself a nice piece of American Ash hardwood and have made myself a new more interesting and comfortable stock, here are some pics of the progress so far, just at the oiling stage.

PS that door needs a bottle beside it labeled " Drink Me"

IMG_0801_zpssmlvrky9.jpgIMG_0819_zpsfkjbksip.jpgIMG_0831_zps9cnavfe4.jpgIMG_0838_zpsbzaczq0n.jpg

• Like 2

Wow, that's a masterpiece!! Where did you get the template from, or is it your own design?

Thanks! its my own design, pinched some design ques from other makes but essentially its just something I came up with to suit me.

That looks like some quality wood work, did you do it yourself.