Bodybuilding.

TT350

Well ive had a nasty cold for 2 weeks which meant ive been unable to workout, despite tons of motivation, and now just when I thought I was getting over that, its turned into sinusitus, so for last 7 days ive had sore throat which turned into headache/toothache and endless amounts of snot/blood from my nose. Talk about getting a raw deal. So that will be 3 weeks of no working out, just when I thought i was making a little progress. I did actually try and have a light workout yesterday but thought my head was going to explode. :(

1 step forward and 3 back.

Well ive had a nasty cold for 2 weeks which meant ive been unable to workout, despite tons of motivation, and now just when I thought I was getting over that, its turned into sinusitus, so for last 7 days ive had sore throat which turned into headache/toothache and endless amounts of snot/blood from my nose. Talk about getting a raw deal. So that will be 3 weeks of no working out, just when I thought i was making a little progress. I did actually try and have a light workout yesterday but thought my head was going to explode. :(

That sucks dude, hope you feel better soon :(

That sucks dude, hope you feel better soon :(

Cheers mate. I weighed myself earlier and ive lost 7lb in just over a week. Booooo.

• 2 weeks later...

How's it going for everyone?

Summer will soon be here and I've got an itching to buy a whole new summer wardrobe so even more incentive to keep grinding away at the iron mill.

Will be back in the Z attending meets so I have to be MASSIVE!

Lol.

Anyone on holiday this summer?

Don't think I'm even back to where I was.

Feel like a twig and my pull-ups have gone to pot.

I think my endurance has taking the biggest hit, but I've been neglecting the creatine, which might explain it.

Edited by Strudul

Don't think I'm even back to where I was.

Feel like a twig and my pull-ups have gone to pot.

I think my endurance has taking the biggest hit, but I've been neglecting the creatine, which might explain it.

I don't know if I can even do a pullup. Never tried. I do lateral pull down for my lats and biceps get blasted on arm day.

I haven't tried creatine in years. Do you find it helps?

Well, lat pull down is pretty much the same thing, but with less muscle recruitment. If you can lat pull down your weight, you can do pull-ups :thumbs:

Usually people start with lat pull down until they have the strength to do pull-ups, then move onto weighted pull-ups or fancy ones.

No idea if creatine helps or does anything at all. I've never noticed any change or difference after more than 2 years training. I can only go by other's comments or the very rare occasions I measure something. Creatine is quite strongly recommended though, supposed to increase water retention (which makes you look bigger) and improve endurance. It's so cheap though that I see no reason not to take it.

Didn't notice anything when I started taking it, but it's another gradual sneaky build up, so it's hard to tell if any changes are due to that or something else. And now, not taking it, my diet has slipped too, so again it's hard to say if my problems are from low creatine or that :shrug:

Edited by Strudul

Well, lat pull down is pretty much the same thing, but with less muscle recruitment. If you can lat pull down your weight, you can do pull-ups :thumbs:

Usually people start with lat pull down until they have the strength to do pull-ups, then move onto weighted pull-ups or fancy ones.

No idea if creatine helps or does anything at all. I've never noticed any change or difference after more than 2 years training. I can only go by other's comments or the very rare occasions I measure something. Creatine is quite strongly recommended though, supposed to increase water retention (which makes you look bigger) and improve endurance. It's so cheap though that I see no reason not to take it.

Didn't notice anything when I started taking it, but it's another gradual sneaky build up, so it's hard to tell if any changes are due to that or something else. And now, not taking it, my diet has slipped too, so again it's hard to say if my problems are from low creatine or that :shrug:

Lat pull downs are great for building lats. Nice and isolated. Mine have really come along doing heavy ones. Also using various grips. Wide grip and close grip. 4 sets of standard grip (palms facing away from body) and reverse grip (palms facing me) Builds them top to bottom.

I never used to do varied grip and width. Along with rear delts flyes the have really changed my back to a nice tapering V.

You can vary grip in the exact same way with pull-ups too. :thumbs:

I used to do a lot of isolation stuff, but gave up and decided at this stage I was better doing more strength oriented compound stuff to build a better base.

Same, but only because (along with, and especially fruit) it's so much effort and mess to prepare.

Important though ;)

Mr Strudul I thought you liked apples, especially in pies ?

More a fan of a juicy wild berry filling in my pastries :thumbs:

Just started the reddit 6 day PPL routine the last few weeks. Absolutely loving it. Seeing steady progress so far and feeling truly exhausted by the end of each session. Brilliant!

PULL

Deadlifts 1x5+/Barbell rows 4x5, 1x5+ (alternate, so if you did deadlifts on Monday, you would do rows on Thursday, and so on)

3x8-12 Pulldowns OR Pullups OR chinups

3x8-12 seated cable rows OR chest supported rows

5x15-20 face pulls

4x8-12 hammer curls

4x8-12 dumbbell curls

PUSH

4x5, 1x5+ bench press/4x5, 1x5+ overhead press (alternate in the same fashion as the rows and deadlifts)

3x8-12 overhead press/3x8-12 bench press (do the opposite movement: if you bench pressed first, overhead press here)

3x8-12 incline dumbbell press

3x8-12 triceps pushdowns SS 3x15-20 lateral raises

3x8-12 overhead triceps extensions SS 3x15-20 lateral raises

LEGS

2x5, 1x5+ squat

3x8-12 Romanian Deadlift

3x8-12 leg press

3x8-12 leg curls

5x8-12 calf raises