Bodybuilding.

TT350

Increasing exercises per body part.

Used to just do flat and incline dumbell press and flyes.

Now doing barbell press

Barbell incline press

Dumbell press

Incline dumbell press

Flat flyes

Incline flyes

Cable crossovers

Chest press machine

All 4 sets of 8.

Did any of you struggle when first starting to squat? I can deadlift, OHP, etc., but squats just feel so unnatural! If I try to focus on hamstrings rather than quads it feels like I'm going to fall backwards. And because I seem to be doing them in a 'quad dominant' way, one of my knees is killing me, even with light weights :(. Really demotivating!

I struggled with squats so i did bulgarian split squats instead, dodgy knees could just be foot placement so whichever side the pain is in your knee turn your foot slightly in the opposite direction.

I hate squats. Mainly because the doms kill any more than any other exercise i do. I had a heavy squat session on Sunday and couldnt walk Monday & Tuesday. Today im still struggling.

Mind you, im full of cold atm. Appetite gone, ache all over and have no energy. Add to that, only getting 4 hours of very disrupted sleep each night this week due to baby who also has cold sleeping in same room as us. Its a wonder im even functioning atm.

I hate squats. Mainly because the doms kill any more than any other exercise i do. I had a heavy squat session on Sunday and couldnt walk Monday & Tuesday. Today im still struggling.

Mind you, im full of cold atm. Appetite gone, ache all over and have no energy. Add to that, only getting 4 hours of very disrupted sleep each night this week due to baby who also has cold sleeping in same room as us. Its a wonder im even functioning atm.

same here...I noticed over the years that after every legs session (usually just once a week ) I get DOMS....always.... thing which doesn't usually happen so often with any other muscles...

Im finally getting back into the swing of things! Back up to 89kg (dropped to 83 over xmas with an ankle sprain which went awol) and im currently doing a shredding type workout light weights with a @*!# tonne of reps! i'll try post some progress pics on my insta! Bradders_Insta for anyone who wants to follow! (its not just gym related stuff lol)

I'm really weak. Like the weakest I've ever been.

Literally at 25% of my usual strength regarding weight lifted.

I've lost a heck of a lot of weight after my breakup and a good portion of that is muscle. I can see it. I haven't felt puny before really but now I feel it.

Still I will keep at it. I've no excuse and the fact that I'm incredibly bored every day is even more incentive.

Considering some kind of martial art for the cardio amd conditioning too in the evenings.

Man you've been like this for a loooooong time. Remember, you have a right to happiness too.

It's f"&^ing unfair. Women keep all their mates and a large degree of their social lives post childbirth gathering in large groups cooing over f*^×ing baby dribble and gurgles and men take on a lot of the responsibility AFTER a days work and complety fu*k their mates off and live a life of a zombified slave while Mrs is out for cocktails with her parent posse.

Kids. Keep em. Not for me.

Edited by TT350

Can we add other health/weight related in here too?

After being too busy at work to hit the gym (along with a general CBA attitude for it because it was cold and wintery time) along with eating like a pig over Xmas, along with the fact I've a wedding to attend in April and don't fancy being the chunky one at the end of the photo, I decided to get back on the diet and gym in a proper way. Slimming World food and gym 3x a week, nothing special. I then quickly realised that I wouldn't shift the weight quick enough that way, so I wolfed down my last MaccyDs and decided to go on a VLCD instead.

For those that don't know, VLCD means eating 600cals-ish per day along with 2-3L of water. I'm using Exante for their bars (2x a day); Slim n Save for their water flavourings (can't stand plain water); and then either another bar in the evening for tea or 200g mixed onion and pepper along with 100g of wafer thin ham, which I fry in some light soy sauce and a large pinch of dried chillies. And that's it, every single day.

Am now nearly at the end of week 2, I lost 11lb in week 1 which I'm pleased with. Not the easiest thing to stick with as you need masses of willpower, but it'll get me back on track then I can start eating sensibly again. Plus then when I'm skinny I can get back on the muscle building, which is the one thing I actually enjoy at the gym too :)

I dont want to urinate on your chips but 10ibs of that 11 will be water and muscle.

"Lose it or use it" and in starvation mode (which 600 calories very much is) your body is going to look for what it can use immediately. Muscle. It doesn't want to use your fat just yet because that's the "good stuff" for when times are even harder.

Your fat cells hold water. Its being flushed from your system now.

You'll still be the same shape.

Cut carbs to just greens and lean protein and do some interval training every day. Thats going to change your shape more than a starvation diet will and on 600 cals you're going to be more miserable than I am!

Edited by TT350
  • Like 1

Oh yeah, I know it's just the glycogen stores being used up at first, hence carrying it on for more than a week :)

I did it before for a few weeks before LM last year, trouble was I started it too late really so only just hit my target weight and didn't have time to come back off it properly. My own fault then, but I have time on my side now to do it properly. I'm over the hunger stage now too, so was perfectly full and content after me tea last night.

That sounds terrible Dan. Everything I've read has criticised extreme minimum calories. It's better to find your daily recommended calories based on your stats and activity then gradually reduce calorie intake.

Never go too low or there is no way you'll be getting the right nutrients and your body will not lose the fat in the way you want.

Though I have to say, gaming (and coding) is the best way to lose weight. You don't even think about food. Just make sure all the food is in another room and not sat next to you on your desk, or it doesn't work.

It's f"&^ing unfair. Women keep all their mates and a large degree of their social lives post childbirth gathering in large groups cooing over f*^×ing baby dribble and gurgles and men take on a lot of the responsibility AFTER a days work and complety fu*k their mates off and live a life of a zombified slave while Mrs is out for cocktails with her parent posse.

Thats a pretty accurate description really! Couldnt have said it better myself! Still, im hoping once the baby gets older and over this cold things will be easier. The 3 year old is perfectly happy now to watch tv with the missus for 8 hours a day, which gives me a bit of time to get workouts in. Before I got this cold, last week I had some cracking workouts. Increased the weights on nearly every exercise which helps motivation a bit.

That sounds terrible Dan. Everything I've read has criticised extreme minimum calories. It's better to find your daily recommended calories based on your stats and activity then gradually reduce calorie intake.

Never go too low or there is no way you'll be getting the right nutrients and your body will not lose the fat in the way you want.

That's why I eat the bars as opposed to just guessing myself: They contain all the nutrients you need, in the right quantities. :)

I used to knock it as well, until my brother did it a couple of years back. My missus then did it too, and both have kept the weight off as they've adjusted their calorie intake to suit their calorie usage. I know it gets knocked, and it's not the proper way, but if you can stick with it and understand it's not a quick fix and that you need to adjust your lifestyle too then I feel it's a perfectly acceptable way of losing weight. I've done it the hard way before and I know I can do it, I just figured I had enough time to do it before the wedding but I don't so the cheat way it is! :lol:

In all seriousness though, it's not something I take lightly and I understand the risks to the body and the cons as well as the pros. And I genuinely appreciate the concern guys :)

Find it hard to believe it would result in anything but ending up skinny-fat. Sure, you'd weigh less and your measurements would be lower, but you'd just be scrawny, yet with somewhat of a gut and saggy bits, rather than being "cut".

I guess goals differ and results vary, but It wouldn't be for me. Good luck with it all the same :thumbs:

I don't want to end up looking like a beefcake (no offence to those who do, you're all bigger than me! :lol: ), I just want to lose a little weight from my torso, arse and legs.. If I'm brave enough I'll grab a before and after pic, can judge for yourself then on body shape.

Easy to get thin first then I can work on building some definition here and there. Sure, I've done the damage to the skin by stretching it in the first place and I'll never hide then when butt-nekkid, but if I can get into my regular sized clothes comfortably then that works for me.

Sorry if I'm coming across defensive, I'm genuinely not being dismissive of your concerns and points of view at all, as that was exactly my POV as well when others around me were doing VLCD.

Please make it a fully clothed pic. I'm already gonna have enough trouble sleeping as it is.

My understanding is that if you lose weight gradually, the skin will un-stretch. It'll never be perfect again, but won't be as bad as if you lose a lot of weight in a short amount of time.

Not at all defensive, it's a discussion with differing view points, doesn't mean it's not friendly, it's just not a circle jerk.

• Like 1

I don't want to end up looking like a beefcake (no offence to those who do, you're all bigger than me! :lol: ), I just want to lose a little weight from my torso, arse and legs.. If I'm brave enough I'll grab a before and after pic, can judge for yourself then on body shape.

Easy to get thin first then I can work on building some definition here and there. Sure, I've done the damage to the skin by stretching it in the first place and I'll never hide then when butt-nekkid, but if I can get into my regular sized clothes comfortably then that works for me.

Sorry if I'm coming across defensive, I'm genuinely not being dismissive of your concerns and points of view at all, as that was exactly my POV as well when others around me were doing VLCD.

Don't worry about becoming big and buff. It's not that easy!

P1sses me of all kinds of ways when a woman says "I don't wanna lift weights and get those lumps and bumps like Arnie!"

Like she's just played down your 5 years busting weights and eating a chicken farm a week to get half his size and she gonna walk in there 15 minutes and come out like Jay Cutler.

Nuh uh girlfriend.