Charged Zed. What colour should I go?

team stevedave

Hi every one. I am very soon going to be re spraying my zed. I am a spray painter and my car is in my work just now, its all primed and nearly ready to go.

My problem is I was going to just resparay the OEM gun metal. But now typically my mind is racing for other colours. I'll put a pic up of my car as it was to give a general idea but new parts such as chargespeed rear bumper, blitz spoiler, and side steps are to go on.

b5f0926bed73b411479c2ecb16981374.jpg

1d182b4220c70bae14407e003ac3d5ec.jpg

Obviously original colour would be easier saving from doors and boot lid coming off.

Car with new rear end test fitted

391379bc5c7b575ea6d31e40cc8e3722.jpg

Then I seen these!!

0ced98dcce38aae70ed68e1344f716a4.jpg

db111c2e7f7c103f7ec5d3a58f95b24c.jpg

I'm genuinely interested in your opinion guys. All ideas welcome. And I will be updating this thread with progress.

As nice as the yellow would be I gotta say its a hard colour to maintain, my last car was a civic Jordan an every time I washed it I wud find something new wrong with it. Why not look at colours from other manufacturers to make it stand out a little bit but then again the original colour is nice so sticking with that would be a good bet

Don't do gunmetal mate it's the worst colour Nissan had for the zed :lol: your zed is looking good so far, give it a unique colour to set it off

If you want to play it safe go for a darker grey. There was a post on quartz grey, the 370z colour that could work

Or a dark blue, not quite as dark as midnight blue. Something like the blue on the new 6 series. Imperial blue I think.

Or metallic red. The Mazda metallic red could work well on a zed

Or if you want to stand out then go for something like bmw San Marino blue on the m5/m6 individual or m4 sakhir orange. A guy in my area had his r33 sprayed in San Marino blue..... Wow..... Looked the part

• Like 1

The choices are endless.

I really liked the greenie blue that the new seats have but I had my heart set of purple for so long that I went for purple.

Just don't get the corsa vxr green what ever you do or you might upset someone on the forum :lol:

• Like 1

Probably not a popular thing to say on here but I really don't like silver or grey cars. I reckon a sports car should stand out. Go for something bright!

Alternatively, as said above, the Quartz colour from the 370Z Black Edition is great if you prefer the stealthy look. (Yes it could described as a sort of grey but it has a real depth and uniqueness to it)

image_zpsf796ddd3.jpg

Edited by sipar69

I have thought about a darker grey, never even thought about a 370 colour, I'll check my mixing room for colour chips tonight.

The reason I had originally and might still settle with gm as I like the car looking quite mean and love a good flake through a paint and gm has a good amount especially with the right polish. quartz grey seems to be solid.

Also the roof is going black and I have been tinkering with colours to get a nice bronze for the lmgt4s.

I have thought about a darker grey, never even thought about a 370 colour, I'll check my mixing room for colour chips tonight.

The reason I had originally and might still settle with gm as I like the car looking quite mean and love a good flake through a paint and gm has a good amount especially with the right polish. quartz grey seems to be solid.

Also the roof is going black and I have been tinkering with colours to get a nice bronze for the lmgt4s.

If it helps, the Nissan code for Quartz is KAV.

Edited by sipar69

The name won't make it any better :lol:

I find lighter grays bland and boring. Dark greys can look classy especially if they have hints of another colour in different lights. I have heard of loads of custom resprays where they use a standard colour but add in extra flake- is that an option?

Il find a thread on here with a g35 re sprayed in dark grey. Looked spot on

The new Clio in red is a nice colour. Especially when the sun hits

Iv always liked purple on a zed. Audis new ranges have a nice purple as do range rover sports

I think green has been overdone on here. Quite a few show cars over the years

The lighter shade matches the car well, but I'd be going with the darker shade, there isn't much in them but its enough.

I really can't decide what I'm doing, problem is I have been so anal over prepping this car its unreal I mean the smallest imperfections everyone else can't see I'm fixing.

be5ee680b996111afecce46b0e147d0e.jpg

Like so

Also an old repair that had sunk rectified

68cff684abe66a5d851bf8471a7d7ea0.jpg

I don't want to go to all this hassle and once done think. Should of gone wild.