Jump to content

GIXXERUK

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    9,450
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GIXXERUK

  1. Awww he fixed it I wanted to do that. what's the point in submitting multiple votes? it makes you look popular
  2. Same reason I wouldnt track the zed, cost of repair if I'm unlucky/my driving ability doesnt compensate for a burst of stupidity. Something light, 2 seater but still road worthy as need 2 cars. VXT
  3. I haven't seen R35LEE on here for a while ?
  4. this is not isolated to the zed, I know of a few cars this happening to, I know it is common on the focus Rs (ford produced a revised master cyl but there was no recall)
  5. stone (as said), worn pads, worn discs, bent backplate ...usual suspects
  6. looking good I put an earthing kit on my DE and it definitely had a smoother tick over, I think these kits compensate more if the original earthing isn't good but if it is then will have next to no affect ...as you found
  7. did you check the rear of the discs ? corrosion will always take place at the rear No I havent, it had a major P2 a month a go but the garage didnt really check anything other than the pads. Will I need to remove the wheel to do this? no, just stick you're head under from the front and have look (use a torch) Could be pads but i would hope they will have checked those !
  8. did you check the rear of the discs ? corrosion will always take place at the rear
  9. My brother has used them a few times with good results, pretty sure he used the Wrexham guy Pm Ricey iirc he works in sandycroft, not sure if he will know a smart repairer but worth an ask
  10. there's not much on tbh
  11. I'd love to but we are trying to buy our first house and that's hard enough as it is! Fair point. There was a picture, I must have removed it when I uploaded the newest photos. Maybe I should see about getting it fixed, it is the only blemish on the whole car! Not dissing you're car at all, just trying to give you an insight as to how the ad appears from the other side I can delete my post if you like It's the only thing that spoils what appears to be a spot on car
  12. Hi James I was in the same boat as you last week as i bought the Ark Grip off octet, I used the polishing attachments to clean up the tail pipes and rear boxes (as they are visual from the rear ), the inside of the tailpipes were black with soot etc, they now look chrome ! but I needed to polish with drill, I could not of acheived the result by hand ( I tried) The rest I cleaned up using some bilberry wheel cleaner (diluted) as there was road tar on the pipes, I then polished with megs "all metal polish" , this offers " highest shine possible, anti-corrosive agents fight against eviromental attack and degradation" Hth Paul
  13. you can buy a cheap drill attachment kit which includes polishing pastes and mandrel etc, then use some autosol or nxt metal polish to add protection tbh I imagine any protection will be short lived as the exhaust is so exposed to the elements
  14. it is only a small thing but this would put me off "Slight scratch on passenger door, could be fixed without respray by someone handy with a polisher" I would not want to buy a car for 10k and then have to look into having it repaired/polished..... if it's such an easy fix why didn't the owner do it before the sale ? does he not care about the car ? it creates the wrong impression imo It spoils what is otherwise a well cared for car, there are also no photo's of the scratch
  15. As soon as mine was out of warranty I had serviced at an Indy, better value for money, i have part ex'd many cars and they have never looked at who serviced it, only is it stamped up to date I would rather have someone service it that knows the cars, they can check for common faults and know what works best I had my p1 done by tdi north £130 .. To give you a guide
  16. Rumoured for a long time, whether it will happen is anyone's guess
  17. Brilliant Tim
  18. I contacted Nissan as they were fitted by the dealer but they couldn't help So I contacted mcgard, they asked for a good photo of the locking nut and some vehicle details £18 for a new key or £28 for two iirc, they arrived in 2 days Hth
  19. Oh god, I'd buy that in a heartbeat! Did you ? As it's sold !
×
×
  • Create New...