-
Posts
24,812 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by Chris`I
-
Should have asked, he could have borrowed the clubs event shelter if he came past ours on the way
-
There already sitting in my living room , current Bridgstones are on the limit now so couldn't hang around for the 453's to come out anyway Just get them fitted and enjoy the car
-
Fodder: install the dish yourself, its dead easy especially if you have neighbours dishes in sight to base it off. Plenty of instructions/how-to's on the net. I did out with a quad LNB for FreeSat and ran it to the livingroom where we have a FreeSat PVR. No need to get Sky man to do it, when you call them, tell them you had Sky+ before and they will reuse the connections
-
Ahh, interesting! So on the 370Z, you can still benefit performance-wise from mods without an UpRev, To confuse matters even further, if you have an aftermarket exhaust and Stillen Gen3 intakes, the way they have changed the diameter of the intake means it will lean the mix out just like you get on an UpRev just not custom tuned to your car. So while Colin saw good gains after his UpRev (with Stillen exhaust), I only saw a few HP increase in mine with UpRev (with Stillen exhuast and intakes). So we could only deduce that the Stillen intakes dont give much actual power but they do fiddle the mapping nicely. I still go UpRev done for safety so we knew exactly what it was doing, and I'd advise anyone that gets the exhuast/intakes combo to do the same.
-
Comes up with a database error for me What did it say?
-
What do you mean by matched ECU and key? An ECU and key from another car but same model could be used to steal it (ie swap out ECU and use matched key)? Even MS Windows knows how to lock itself down if hardware changes/swaps, so surely if MS can do it OEMs arent stupid enough to let it happen? Its not farking rocket science to hash the serials from a few bits of hardware to spot if they have been tampered with
-
I thought these idiots had given up on this
Chris`I replied to ioneabee's topic in Off Topic Discussion
Yeah go for it and keep us posted -
Sounds like someone in BMW needs a lesson in programming if they leave the exact details you need on the key in the car system where it can easily be read and over OBD! Theres plenty of algorithms out there that they could use to do identity checks which would mean you didn't need those details to be anywhere near the car but would need them at BMW to code the keys for one. Good job they don't work in the finance industry, the UK would be losing a lot of money in fraudulent transactions
-
If you are getting Infinity then dont do it through BT, get it through PlusNet. Should be cheaper and their customer support is far far superior. I currently get 40Mbps Infinity from them for £11.50/mo as a thank you for being on the trial of it in our area
-
Before Amanda and I got a house, my daily drive used to be through the local industrial estate to see my reflection in their floor to ceiling windows
-
I can be support car if you like, no drafting though
-
This. As cars have gotten bigger and people generally more stupid, the rate of claims for prangs has gotten a lot higher. With modern immobilisers trying to steal a car without the keys is neigh on impossible, so really what you should be doing is protecting the house enough that they cant get in to steal the keys
-
And it only took us 9 pages to get there
-
Good work Kev and Abbey. Look forward to seeing this at the pub meet
-
Bikes - The "awesome" kind with no engines
Chris`I replied to AK350Z's topic in Off Topic Discussion
Good work buddy I'm out of biking for a while after my thumb decided it wanted to jump between my brake disc and calliper when "fiddling" with the disc trying to true it. Queue 4hr wait in A&E to have them say "yup, your thumbnail has come off, lets bandage it up and send you home" Doctor was really good when we got to see him (eventually), and reckons I should be able to ride next week as the Hope disc did such a good job of removing the nail cleanly! No damage to the nail bed or anything, pulled it clean off What made me laugh is that they clean it up and then superglue the nail back in. Apparently if the nail is removed completely the part it grows out from can heal up so you have no nail any more, so they put the nail back in to keep it open! -
Lowest proper average I've had was at a airfield day. 16MPG average, and thats over a full tank, driving too and from North Weald from Basingstoke which involved rather a lot of motorway and major A road driving which was very light on the throttle.
-
Duely noted - no riding planned for that weekend Does seem like a pretty good price considering
-
+1 - like Semenuks yard http://www.pinkbike.com/video/231497/
-
Bikes - The "awesome" kind with no engines
Chris`I replied to AK350Z's topic in Off Topic Discussion
To be fair it feels like a new bike again now, really happy with it. Considering I'd have had to spend the good part of £2.5k getting something new equivalent to it (plus whatever I get back again from selling the current one), it just didnt make sense. New bearings, bottom bracket and suspension make it feel lovely again I also got my old damper and CSU from the forks, and air can and body back, so I could probably sell them on and get a bit of cash back. The CSU looks brand new which is a surprise given my lack of maintenance of seals on the forks, good to know I can get a few bob on the bay for it. Amanda is really chuffed with her new bike too. On paper it looks so identical to the Myka, but its amazing the difference good parts can make along with a bit more travel. She was flying down the local loop yesterday quicker than she did on the Myka. I think in reality the medium Myka was probably a bit too big and now she has a small for the Safire its just made it handle properly. Expect her to start doing jumps and drops soon I'd say! How much was your bearing change Mr AK? My LBS wanted £70 labour and £40 for bearings plus other misc bits at another £40. I ended up getting the bearings on eBay for £35 and £35 for some bearing tools and did it all myself in a couple of hours! Now means I can change Amanda's bearings too so they will be getting done more than once every couple of years from now on! -
I'm always shocked at these Eco petrols. Never return that much MPG unless you have a really small engine. Our 370z does somewhere around 30MPG on normal longer journeys (bit of m-way and A-roads) and drops to about 25MPG when doing more town driving. The Alfa (2l JTDm2) does about 45MPG on our commute into reading and 50MPG+ across France with bikes on the back. No way you can compare a petrol to a Diesel really, soot chuckers win by a mile, however the Zed is very economical for its size compared to other petrol cars.
-
Bikes - The "awesome" kind with no engines
Chris`I replied to AK350Z's topic in Off Topic Discussion
The bling arrived (waits for AK to shout ) Forks have been upgraded from 130RLs to 140 FIT RLC Kashima, and shock has been Kashima'd. They feel awesome, its like a completely new bike on the rough stuff. Almost makes it too smooth! Not sure whats made a bigger difference out of Kashima or FIT, but the upgrades are well worth it. Need to get the rebound/compression dialled in now, but out the box as Mojo have set them it feels pretty damn good. And we have a new steed in the stable as Amanda's old bike wasnt up to the task any more. His and hers bikes: Just need to get the old one (and my Tricross and old Rockhopper) sold now as we dont have any room in the garage. -
So young Christopher,I must ask. Why are you not doing this with your mate? Because I have no holiday left, honest gov
-
Looking grey in Reading too. That Wasso has a lot to answer for now
-
What have you done, we are now surely cursed! Rain for the next 30 days and 30 nights
-
Good luck matey. As you know lots of Tricross spares in our garage (a complete bike full!) should you need them and a floor/airbed to crash on if you get diverted this way! Looks like you are taking training for next years Alps trip seriously