Jump to content

Chris`I

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    24,812
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chris`I

  1. I saw on FB when Nissan US were asking people what they wanted it to be. Its like supermarket sweep meets pimp my ride - but done properly!
  2. Welcome Does that mean we get to you then?
  3. I was thinking of taking this bad boy - Canon 5200mm
  4. The notification only comes on if its been set. Mine hasnt and I get no reminder
  5. Admiral (and Elephant) have been the cheapest for me for the last 7 years
  6. Hi mate i only run about 750bhp on the road 'Only'... lmao I thought the same
  7. This and this - spot on Its all going up because of "where theres blame theres a claim" culture. Last few years have seen a rocket in people claiming whiplash, and also "crash for cash" where people will randomly brake to cause a crash to they (car full of people) can claim for whiplash
  8. Get it done Jay, you'll only regret it afterwards if you dont.
  9. I took my 70-300mm, there were plenty of people walking around with 'L' lens so unless you got a 400mm beast it woudlnt be a problem. Excellent, thats good to know. I will be taking my 70-300mm too then, as well as the G1X for walkabout duties It said something about not equipment more than 30cm in length which I assumed the camera+lens would be, and other events I've been to in the past turn you away with SLR cameras for being professional. Thats the beauty of the G1X, its near SLR quality in a "compact" camera Just doesnt have the zoom unfortunately (damn laws of physics!)
  10. Some great pics there, what a night to be there! What lens did you take bud? Reading the restrictions, it made out an SLR with zoom lens (say ~300mm) would not be allowed. I'm going to the MTB on Sunday and was going to take the SLR til I saw that, but seeing your pics I'm guessing you had something in that region? Otherwise I have to use my G1X which has amazing pic quality but poor zoom
  11. Looks like the camera is a dash camera for recording in case of accidents, just this time it caught someone elses! OUCH!
  12. Going by what I remember from the370z.com forums, you will need some new nuts matey. Try having a search over there or get the seller to get a tape measure out. I'm guessing they wont fit though.
  13. I was going to say that I'd read something similar when we were out there. It doesnt actually consume as much energy as you might expect as its so well insulated. Quite a sight though isnt it!
  14. I wear my club fleece OK take the point. If it were me I agree that I would have made it at least look like I was only interested in their one then later say it wasnt the right one but they do have another in the dealer network. Guess the OP was being too honest and the salesman was just a bit of a ****
  15. Guys - think you might be missing the point with that one. With West Way you can move cars from the group around. The sale goes to the one that acutally sells it. I did this with my original 350z, Basingstoke didnt have one, but another in the group did, so they moved it to Basingstoke where I bought it. I think thats what the OP was trying to get at, it just so happens that they also had another one at his local dealer, although it was too expensive. To try and save some hassle the OP said he'd drive the one they had, but I think they thought he was just after a joy ride. Either way, go find another dealer and get a proper test drive
  16. ??? Depends on what you are using. In Gmail you can select "Show Original" from the dropdown and it will show the headers and full mail. I forget how to do it in Outlook, open the mail then View > Options. Headers are displayed in a little box.
  17. Probably spoofed headers. Depends if you can get onto your mail server or what your mail provider is like to whether you can check the full headers or not. Its likely that the headers are being spoofed by a spam bot somewhere to make it look like its coming from you. Gmail for one just bins these kinds of mails for me. I get loads that appear to be from me (well my email address, but not my IP) but they go straight to spam box. Gmail also check the IP in the header to the actual server that is sending the mail to work out if they header has been altered. If it does the title of the mail appears in red to show it may be dodgy/phishing/etc
  18. Yeah if you are constantly having to go out for a blast to make the light go out, it wont take too long to pay for the DPF bypass pipework. I would get this done to the Alfa but compared to the Zed it has way better MPG anyway and enough performance to tow the bikes, so we're happy with it (for now )
  19. Who approved this - Col clearly isnt allowed to sell this car Shame to see it go mate, GLWS
  20. Our Alfa has one. The chaps in service reckon that anything over a good 40MPH when warm will start to clear it out or keep it clear, but you need to be doing above 40 as a constant speed. Stop/start driving is what kills them. As Rich says, it depends how bad it is, if its already really clogged then certain "pathways" through the filter may never be cleared as the gas takes the path of least resistance. Alfa said to us to do a good run at least once a week if you town drive, and more often if you can. In fact we have a leaflet about it somewhere, I'll see if I can find it and take a scan of it. I seem to remember it tells you if it starts to get clogged and tells you to drive at a certain speed for a predetermind time.
  21. I'd imagine getting some guided laps or tuition at the Ring will get you going the quickest around there. If you can get a guide in the car with you when you do your laps I'd imagine you will win for sure
  22. Good spot Col, hadnt seen it was a 313 in my haste. In that case its fine, you'll just be a bit down on power. Get some super in it when you can.
  23. Normal unleaded in itself will not cause any lasting damage if its only been in a short period. Just make sure while it is in that you dont rev it north of 5kRPM or drive it too hard. Drive it a bit lightly for now until you get it down to half a tank, stick some super in and jobs a good un. I suspect the EML will not be related to it, but stick the code up and we can have a look at whats caused it
  24. I like it Footnote: Just dont let it put you off at least trying a 370z
  25. Depends on the Zed I guess, my 370z has about 350HP Certainly 350HP in a Ibiza/Leon is quite an achievement, especially in the Mk1's. I remember being able to get them up to about 280HP(ish) quite easily if you had the LCR engine, but anything over 300HP required a fair bit of work.
×
×
  • Create New...