Jump to content

Chris`I

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    24,812
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chris`I

  1. He's running larger injectors Col, 550CC vs 290/330CC of stock (depending on how you measure them). So if the car isnt boosted then pulses will be shorter than stock so the car thinks its using less fuel OP - post up your car details
  2. Yes, I'm aware of that! Hacktually, overall it made a good tourer, good position for long days, and of course it dealt with some of the bloody unscheduled off-road bits no problem - shame the pannier rack wasn't up to it! Did you put some nice tyres on it or leave them stock? I hope you didnt have 23mm road rubber on there Standard tyres are good as they are wide, but not slick so slow you down a bit. I had Gatorskin 28mm on mine which was a nice balance. Maybe you should do an offroad version next year and take a month to do it! Or do a tour of the UK trail centres like they had in MBUK this month
  3. I'd just ask Alex, after all he has run both (ok so maybe not stock for long, but he still knows)
  4. Even found me some neutrinos there Very interesting stuff. Halfway through I did think I wonder what happens if they stitch the data back together incorrectly - and then they showed it with the "anomaly" near the end. Looks like in that weird pic that someone got the code wrong
  5. AFAIK it uses injector pulse, so having larger injectors will give the effect you are seeing. No way in hell you are getting 47MPG
  6. Excellent work buddy! With regard to the bike, its so stiff because it can go offroad! Its no tourer thats for sure. My out and out racer (Boardman) is far comfier to ride, which is why I got (getting) shot of my Tricross, its just too harsh on the road! Roll-top bags are also waterproof, I used to use them kayaking and found out they are waterproof with a few visits into various rivers in Wales So shall we do the normal route next year then?
  7. Thats what I was thinking. I would expect a GTR to cost more than 2x that of a Zed.
  8. I think you were busy doing a wee ride at the time Yeah was good. The venue, despite the negative buildup, was actually very good. I think a lot of people that moan its too tame need to go down there and check it out. The features are definately black/orange grade, the gaps in some of them can swallow a wheel! Some piccies to hopefully give a better perspective:
  9. Nope cant agree, hence why I bought a 370z and so did many others The 370z is much less of a brute, much more precise than the 350z. This can make it feel a little "dull" as it can effortlessly wisk you around at great speed. But when you get her up and dancing though the corners it feels amazing. But at normal speeds it doesnt feel as involving as the 350z. Thats kind of where the GT86 makes its point, it should be more involving and fun at slower speeds than cars that are so planted you can go flat out almost anywhere in the UK at the speed limit.
  10. Most were running XX1 so 1x11 Was funny watching them all try and get 80-100mm hardtails down what would be graded as a black run in UK trail centres. This was the best move of the race though Speaking of chain guides, I got an MRP 2x on the beast now, not managed to use it in anger yet though.
  11. Maybe someone should buy it then
  12. Usually love the look of Caymans, but that doesnt do it for me for some reason
  13. Had punctures fixed on the 350z and 370z. Both held up fine, 350z on an airfield day after a good ragging, but dont hit massive speeds. As above, if on the road no problem in fixing, if on the track I'd probably get a new one. I think its more important you get a good place to do it. Had a puncture fixed on our old Clio and it gave out going around a roundabout Both zeds were/are fine having been done somewhere proper
  14. Nope, its because the owner hasnt removed the protective film!
  15. Why do you only get 2Mpbs up Dave? Guess its more than enough, but seriously having 100 down and 2 up is madness We're on Plusnets version of Infinity (they all run on BTs kit) and get 40 down and 8 up which is the standard Infinity. I think they have a new one with 80 down, but we only pay £11.50/mo for it and if we changed it would go up to something like £20. Not worth it as we rarely max it out during normal usage.
  16. You can just say you've sold it elsewhere. I've done it a few times on smaller items. Bit dodgy if someone does Buy It Now, but you can always say that you mis-typed the price and therefore remove it from sale. eBay dont appear to care, you just select the reason from their list and hit go!
  17. Thats what I thought about the Cayman I had out on track. Interior is no doubt put better together with better materials, but it felt so boring in the cabin and quite cramped. On track the car was very good, better handling than the 350z I had at the time, but somehow lost a bit of the fun the Zed had. The 370z is somewhere in between the two in handling terms for me. As for BMW vs Cayman, if it was a weekend toy, I'd take the Cayman hands down, but if I could only have one car for all it would be the BMW.
  18. We're booked onto the Dirt School session in Peaslake on the Sat, so a bit far to go to the Lakes for just 2 days
  19. Never said I could do it! Just saying that a road bike to HIM is no effort Maybe next year
  20. The poor chap has just spent two weeks and endless miles travelling the country and you want him to go for a ride this soon. Man that's brave!! PFfft, riding a road bike is no effort compared to where he has to ride off road at home. Merly a warm up
  21. Well done Mr AK Fancy an outing in Wales over the bank holiday on a proper bike? (still trying to get Amanda in on the idea mind!)
  22. Think you need more meat there Jim Making me hungry just looking at it, good job!
  23. Sounds like starters to me
  24. Ooo errrr, dont think Andy will appreciate that after so much hard work
  25. Ah so thats why they laboured the point about using the right oil. They kept banging on about making sure you use the right oil but didnt say why, just said we had to "or stuff breaks!"
×
×
  • Create New...