Jump to content

Chris`I

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    24,812
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chris`I

  1. Why wont they insure you? Cost me about £20 in admin fees and that was it to move over from my 350z to my 370z with Admiral
  2. Chris`I

    Poor thing

    Hopefully makes mine worth a bit more then
  3. I believe that's Petes brother Hope you didnt need the mighty Panda to do any rescuing Andrew
  4. Now this is how to do a bike
  5. I'm sure you can sign up to some service with the DVLA and get the details. Probably cost you a fortune though
  6. Chris`I

    Mark up!

    Bingo And do you really think they will sell it for the ticket price that they are asking?
  7. Haha nice one. I'm sure you can find consolidation in the £35 you saved to forgive them the 3p or whatever it is that you lost on CC points
  8. Good work as ever Mark You should have slapped some sneaky stickers on the cars
  9. Chris`I

    Mark up!

    What do you expect, thats a dealer for you
  10. I assume you are talking about a JDM car? They shouldnt be registered as PLG in the first place, its just that some importers get away with it. You wont be able to re-register a car to PLG thats already correctly registered, nor will you be able to change the classification of a UK car.
  11. Thats the puppy, knew it was some silly acronym
  12. JDM had way more options than UK spec, so I could full well believe that leather but not heated was an option. Not 100% sure, but it wouldn't surprise me at all. You may well find that the heating element is there, it just needs wiring up. Dont ask me how to do that though!
  13. Isnt this the old importing it as a MPV or similar. I'm sure its what they used to do to get uber low tax. Cant for the life of me remember what you tax it as, but it basically avoids it being put in the usual UK tax bands. Its like leisure vehicle or MPV category. Someone will remember soon
  14. White leather is rare. Not sure if it wasnt available here or if it was just rarely specced. Satnav was an optional extra, but bluetooth and BOSE were part of the GT pack. Card reader is for Japan's toll road cards for automated barriers.
  15. Full length This is Peaty
  16. Must be something sizeable we are missing for it to be a Cat D?
  17. Thats very odd. The bonnet lifters havent fired, so front end damage must be very light as I've heard if you even breath on the sensors wrong they will pop the bonnet. That or the scallies that are selling it have removed them so that it doesnt pop up.
  18. I dont know hence why I am asking but if the door seals kept the water out and it was towed away. Electrics was given time to dry and spark plugs removed then the engine was turned over would that work? Or do the seals not keep out that much water and if the battery was connected it would have shorted something out like ecu? Seals will be more splash proof than full on water proof. My guess is the insides will be very wet. Dont forget there are many holes in/around the footwell/bulkhead/underside. Its not just around the door and windows that it can get in
  19. AS looks like good fun, will hopefully get up there one day. Hows it running? A lot of people say its too smooth/easy but then a lot who have been there say its great. Looks quite smooth on the vids and jumps look quite small, but my vids of Morzine/Les Gets reds and black look pretty tame too and they werent when on a trail bike!
  20. Whats the point in making a car like that noisy? It shouts chav. He does have a 350z in the garage for those duties remember Panda is the go anywhere at any time mule so you just want to get there in comfort and not get a headache from a droning exhaust. Looks good buddy, better than the original. With it being stainless it should survive the weather up there too
  21. I got half way thought that thinking you'd seen sence, then read 911 - oh dear Glad you've seen sense on the Cayman though, they're not worth the extra premium IMO. If someone were to give me one then I'd take it, but I wouldnt pay the extra over a 370z.
  22. You'd be better off with a float in the fuel tank sticking out behind the seats
  23. I had that with mine aswell. I had less than 1/4 tank left & the DTE was 300 miles Does the fuel level still show the right thing? I'm sure mine used to go up and down if you booted it for a bit and then went back to driving sedately, somehow being linked to fuel usage. So if it thinks you are using sod all, it could say you have loads of fuel left when really you have nothing
  24. That will expalin it then. Yes you are using a lot more fuel than the trip computer thinks
  25. What are the specs of your car and why are you running larger injectors? Is it turbo/supercharged?
×
×
  • Create New...