Jump to content

Chris`I

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    24,812
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chris`I

  1. Personally I'd install a reverse camera and then reverse into spaces. In fact thats what I do in my 370z! Take the power for the rear camera from the reversing light. Or spend the same time as above practicing where the limits of the car are against a cone
  2. Sorry Dan, thats clearly been photoshopped
  3. Under Settings > Location Services > System Services > Turn off "Setting Time Zone" It seemed to me (and backed up by reports on the net) that its using Location Services to set the time zone all the time. I could tell as the little icon lit up all the time when you turn on "Status Bar Icon" in the same menu
  4. Knew there was something nagging me with this and that I was busy - I have the dentist that day - oh joy Needless to say I cant make it Cancel it, and re-book Chris Its already taken me about 4 months to get a Saturday appointment
  5. Congrats buddy
  6. Knew there was something nagging me with this and that I was busy - I have the dentist that day - oh joy Needless to say I cant make it
  7. Chris`I

    Toyota FT-86

    Maybe the sport settings and suspension work better on smoother German roads? No idea if they are smoother, but I guess they probably are I agree that over here they just rattle you to bits. Still its easy money for them to throw what are most likely cheaper and stiffer suspension on there and charge more money
  8. Can imagine its a bit nippy this time of year out on a kayak You say its a sit on top? Did you consider a proper kayak so you could seal yourself from the elements a bit better or does that not work well with fishing kit? I havent been in a proper sea kayak, but used to do a lot of white water kayaking when I was younger, not quite the same thing though
  9. I was more astonished at the amount of effort it takes that it didnt pull the paint off
  10. Nah thats nothing TBH, they all got up straight away, completely unhurt. Does show how good the power ranger suits are though
  11. Very hit and miss, but there are still good guys out there. Warranty claims very much depend on your dealer putting a good clear argument together for you. I would stick with this dealer now you've found a good one if you need any warranty work doing
  12. It was Fifth Gear - and yes newer car washes arent half as bad as the supermarket chaps with 0.5l of gritty water to last them all day
  13. Would also prove its the ultrasonics or tilt sensor and give them some bits to try and replace
  14. Chris`I

    Toyota FT-86

    Is it broken? Our Giulietta does 0-60 in 9 seconds and its a 2l soot chucker!
  15. +1 - no legal requirement for them at all so you can do anything with em
  16. Congrats! First post updated
  17. There will be very little between a performance map and an eco map on the Zed. Its not FI so you cant turn a turbo or SC off and reduce fuel consumption by massive amounts. In all honesty the only way you will improve fuel consumption is with your right foot or a throttle controller that will dull you right foot movements
  18. The Zed has so much torque that if you site at 1500RPM its quite happy. So long as you dont try and accelerate sharply and just gently it uses less fuel doing that than sitting at 2500RPM. I had quite a lot of time to test it during my commutes to Slough and back (70 miles daily) and sitting at 1500RPM is just fine Saves the fuel for the fun bits
  19. IMO I would go with what the others have said, control your right foot properly and that will save you most fuel. Get it into higher gears ASAP and dont rev it hard (equally dont let the engine labour). If you're not so good with the right foot then get a throttle controller and set it to Eco. Really though, its an NA car, you're never going to be able to detune it for much more economy, you just have to live with it. If you dont rag it the Zed is suppringly frugal for a 3.5l engine
  20. If you're driving through the winter then winter tyres would be a much better investment and make a marked difference to handling, far more than UpRev will. In my mind, UpRev (for 350z) is the icing on the cake as far as mods go. It will make sure the engine is running at optimum efficiency which gives you the best power and also maps the throttle for better response. It wont be night and day, but it will finish off any modding thats already been done. Theres a big list of things to do before UpRev IMO but it does complete a car nicely.
  21. B&Q door draft excluder +1 - B&Q, Wickes, Screwfix, Homebase etc etc
  22. Skateboard ramp perhaps?
  23. I too (in my 53 reg 350z) stuck strips of foam down between the dash and window. If you try to take the dash apart you are likely to introduce even more rattles
  24. This is why I'd deffo go for the Lambo. If you want to have a blast in the other 2, just turn up to a dealership in a sharp suit and you can go out and blast on. I very much doubt you can do that in a Lambo. Maybe you can - Sarnie will tell us
×
×
  • Create New...