Jump to content

Chris`I

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    24,812
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chris`I

  1. Ah the good old days
  2. Looking good. I have a few pics at home, see if I can upload them later. Also merged the threads
  3. Ah yes, forgot to say that bit. Thats when you can then drop the quality slider a bit to get it under the requirement.
  4. Upload it and I'll give it a go. Should be 100x100 in size and then just adjust the quality in PS to get it under the size
  5. Well at least you didnt pick a Porker, Ho Make sure you get some pics up when the new car arrives, we are all still petrolheads here.
  6. When you crank the car over, does it drop off the scale? When my battery finally went, it would show fine on the gauge (just over 12v) but then when you cranked it, it dropped really low. Replaced the battery and all was well.
  7. And yet you drive hmmm + =
  8. Need to update your avatar too
  9. I found out this weekend that the idrive (assuming thats the media controller wheel thingy whatsit) actually runs on a ring network, with fibre-optic connectors. Apparently if anything in the chain gets damaged (headunit, navunit, bluetooth, CD changer, idrive wheel itself, etc, etc) it can cause the whole network to fail. Some right feck-tard must have decided on that topography when all other manufacturers are using a typical bus layout. A friend who told me this has learnt a lot over the past few weeks as a car he has interest in has this problem. It took a specialist about a day to find the reason the idrive wheel wasnt working right was because of a faulty bluetooth unit
  10. I'm in the same mindset now mine isnt a daily driver. Just fill it up when it needs it and go drive
  11. My journey to work is a short one also and I get low MPG when using it to go to work. Would an uprev help to make it run leaner during a cold start and so help with fuel economy quite a bit with cold starts especially? I dont think you can no. It will run open loop until the cats are heated up. This is where it burns quite a bit more fuel than when warm, when it then switches to closed loop where the target AFR can be set. I would ask Mark@Abbey if theres anything that can be done, but my guess is that its just the way it is as you need to let the cats warm up. If you are close to work I would suggest cycling. I would love to be close enough to work to ride every day and leave the car for weekend fun, but its a 35 mile round trip for me and its a bit
  12. to the club With people like Tarmac and Tom@TGM, you have been spoilt with service, they are both very good at what they do You need some UpRev action now to unleash the beast - or some Stillen Gen3 intakes which have a similar effect to correct the AFR
  13. Either your Zed is broken or you drive like a muppet Fixed the ordering of the posts for ya Na mines only comes out to play. Lowest I've seen is 7ish on a tank. Done in a tank in less than 100miles Yeah just pulling ya leg I got a combined 16MPG when I did my Car Limits day which involved about 1.5hrs motorway driving each way there and back as well as the airfield action
  14. Ah will be the cold starts and short drives more than likely. The Zed runs rich all the time and uber rich when its cold. Wont have a chance to get warm with only 3 mins to work. I notice my MPG plummets if I do driving that doesnt get the car warm
  15. Might just be a coincidence that something else was up that the reset helped with. How often do you reset the MPG gauge? Your aveage sounds very low, unless hooning it everywhere on cold engine or mainly track driving, I would expect to see somewhere around 20MPG which you are currently getting. Fitting a pop charger to my 350z and Still Gen3's to the 370z, I didnt notice any real difference in MPG, certainly nothing like what you've seen. Its more likely something else is the culprit for the heavy usage.
  16. Zeds always run rich, its just the way they are. No filter be it element or cone, will mess with the AFR very much as the car controls it via closed loop (when warm) O2 sensors and MAF. So long as you dont mess with the MAF (and assuming its not duff), the car will control the fuelling to try to achieve its AFR. If you've run the filters for anything more than a day the ECU will have corrected itself and be back on target AFR. Resetting it wont make any difference after a few more days when it once again returns to its target fuelling. UpRev is the only way to sort it properly. Do a search for the Dyno results thread and you will see what I mean, as most of them have UpRev which is then correcting the AFR for something a little less rich.
  17. Either your Zed is broken or you drive like a muppet Fixed the ordering of the posts for ya
  18. If you had all the right sensors etc and new how to hack firmware then you could probably enable the Playstation like graphics. As I highly doubt there is anyone out there with the knowledge and balls to try it, they will remain locked forever more I would guess. The clever people out there did work out how to enable the backup cam, but I think enabling the sensors will be far more difficult as the backup cam is included in other cars that share this system as well as its enabled on MY2011 cars as part of CP now.
  19. Looking at the thread so far, it looks like anything and everything to do with the car is within scope
  20. -Because I need 8 seats for when we all go out. -Because 4x4 landcruisers are the most reliable thing..... -I need nice wheels on my cars, no matter what they are -Need something to commute to work (50 miles) when it snows/ bad weather. Plus I live in Milton keynes where low profile tyres are good. And I have not once got stuck with my 20" in about 1 foot snow, or thick mud. Plus I personally think it looks awesome! Cant argue with that
  21. I was hoping that he would be able to have a go at that too, see if he really is up there in terms of all round racer as thus far I'm not convinced he would make progress like Hamilton would in that situation. Great race all the same. Shame Button had problems with his KERS, would have been good to see him up there with Hamilton right at the front.
  22. Just needs an Escalade to go with them
  23. That sounds farked! Never heard of ICE causing cars to behave like that
  24. Angry Birds
×
×
  • Create New...