Jump to content

Chris`I

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    24,812
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chris`I

  1. Sad day indeed Jerry, you made the meets like the dyno and Chilli days very enjoyable. Hope you do stick around and when the business is a raging success, we'll see you in a 370z perhaps For those that didnt get to see Jerry's dyno thread first hand, I hope he doesnt mind me linking it - http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=27465
  2. He's lurking about, was on here in the last week for sure. Sometimes life and family commitments take centre stage over the car, the Zed isnt very bambino friendly
  3. +1 Filter on the camera lense
  4. Great writeup Would love to mess about with this stuff but would need a donor car that I can potentially blow up. Not sure Nissan (or Abbey) would appreciate me messing with their work
  5. GPS trace or it didnt happen
  6. I put it back to get the top posters. The problem is most either are on the team, not arround or dont have a Zed So its gone again ...
  7. Top 10: martinmac 24052 M13KYF 23549 Sarnie 22615 Stew 21041 Chris`I 19811 Beavis 15385 Ian 15148 rtbiscuit 15024 Husky 13651 Chesterfield 11122
  8. Its the 20k members group, so not just for Liam, just the only other people to hit it are mods/admins. Thats why I took down the top posters box on the portal as it was the team + Liam ian and i were on that list Top 10 maybe, but when we had server problems I dropped it to Top 5 and it was the team + Liam. Lets see if I can temporarily reinstate it and see
  9. Its the 20k members group, so not just for Liam, just the only other people to hit it are mods/admins. Thats why I took down the top posters box on the portal as it was the team + Liam
  10. Actually the Skyline probably has better paint! Not sure if its old enough to have oil based paints but if it does it will have significantly harder paint.
  11. Think I might join you soon
  12. G35 manual are rare as they were designed for the Yank market where they all want autos Theres one out there for you though Stan, just keep waiting, then you can come bring us cakes at meets again
  13. Think thats a bit extreme. With a high cut pad and proper polish you could do damage. I managed to on a test panel from an old banger with my Kestrel. Admittedly you have to go at it a while, but its certainly possible to burn through, especially with thin Nissan paint. With a low cut pad and diminishing cut polish you'll be ok though, just not too many hits, and dont try to get the RIDS out.
  14. Geoff has a 40th Edition car which came with anthracite wheels
  15. Only pole they told me about was the one at the Spearmint Rhino for our team crimbo party. Shhhhh
  16. IMO wide angle surface mount LEDs will work best, and are used by most OEMs, but they tend to require some kind of small lense - usually built into the headlight housing - to make them work best and hide the board they sit on. Dont whatever you do buy narrow beam ones and mount them all at different angles as when you look at them they will look gash as they all fire light in different directions. I'm in no way an LED expert, but seeing what has been done in the States and here, wide angle and SMD works best
  17. In our team of 10 guys at work, 3 of us are Chris and 2 are Andy. It gets very confusing on desks of 6 (2x3) and a 4 (2x2) behind
  18. Dont give them ideas I saw on the news this week that one school has teamed up with the Police to offer people either the fine and points, or you can sit with a bunch of the school kids for 10 minutes to explain your actions (and no points/fine). Apparently the kids made one woman cry
  19. Think its a bit expensive
  20. I'd rather fecking DERV owners would keep their particulate filters in than be covered in thick black smoke when behind them The amount of BMWs I've seen chucking out smoke these days, I think they've stopped doing them with the filter to save on costs On the MOT question, we had a '92 Clio with cats that failed the MOT initially until the chap realised it was old enough (just) to not need the cats. So it was '92/'93 when the regs came in
  21. Nope even they're not safe. My mums worked for DWP in many guises over the years (30+ years) and they are trying to downsize her dept and doing the same with many others. Yep, a lot of councils and places are chopping things about a bit, but 30 years in a job is still very good and shows it was reasonably secure for a long time. What puzzles me about councils is that they will happily make an employee redundant, then recruit them back as a contractor for more money! Funny you should say that, its exactly what I've told her to do. If they do let her go, theres no way they'll cope when shes gone so told her to go back as a contractor when they come knocking
  22. Good work there.
  23. Nope even they're not safe. My mums worked for DWP in many guises over the years (30+ years) and they are trying to downsize her dept and doing the same with many others. Sheer madness as she works in fraud so the cases they take to court save them loads more money in the long run. Fortunately she's past retirement age (for her state pension, not for her work pension) so is in the position that if they do push her then she can just leave and quite happily enjoy the rest of her time, but she wants to stay as she enjoys it. They appear to be on another cycle of centralising all the depts again from a few years ago of making them all regional. Dont you just love them wasting out tax money
  24. Want this moving the projects area Anders?
  25. Maybe we should just buy some rack space somewhere and do it all ourselves
×
×
  • Create New...