Jump to content

Chris`I

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    24,812
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chris`I

  1. Chris`I

    Toyota FT-86

    Yeah thats a fair point that I hadnt considered. The way car prices are going it makes my 370z look more and more like a bargin!
  2. Chris`I

    Toyota FT-86

    Looks like the Scooby version will be pretty awesome, low weight and will no doubt be able to map it to silly numbers. Especially if Scooby gets Prodrive on the case
  3. Look forward to seeing a dyno plot and pics of that
  4. Thought you could opt out of NEST?
  5. I'm not sure we can ban a member for telling the truth thought Chris..... You cant, but I can
  6. Same as the 350z matey - 9k or 12 months whichever is sooner. Think of it as a bit bigger 350z engine with a few bits strapped on - its not massively different - so service intervals have no reason to be different.
  7. Yeah I remember seeing that one too, simply amazing, although on a slightly more managable scale
  8. He was just running it off an air line i think. +1 I was soooo hoping he could fuel it and fire it up properly but lack of seals etc I didnt think he would be. Still amazing.
  9. Chris`I

    2009 370Z

    Al's right, thats the update from MY09 to MY10. Essentially the update is to the nav, touchscreen and HDD jukebox are new, rest of it is the same
  10. Great pics I know that harbour well, I had to swim across it - twice - as part of my PADI Advanced Open Water Malta is a great place to live, I'd love to live out there, its like a little bit of Britain but with good weather.
  11. A dealer is £100-120 an hour up here That probably explains why all my mates get me to work on their cars. A pint of beer is much cheaper than a dealer! You should move down here. Nissan rates are £75+VAT and Audi down the road charge anywhere up to £120+VAT
  12. my perfornace specialist charges £30 an hour and then what ever the parts are in cost. i suppose it depends on where in the UK you are. you're london based jerry, and costs can often be higher. Thats very cheap IMO. Down here the best you can expect it £50 cash in hand "mates rates" or £50+VAT for official inderpendant work. I think the most problem with Nissan and the Zed is I beleive they ship most of the parts in from Japan. Some come from Belgium, thats where my BCM came from, but I think any engine parts will likely come from Japan. Wonder if we could get the parts from Renault if you know their part numbers for the cars that use VQ engines (Leguna and Espace are ones I seem to remember)
  13. Out for a ride up a big hill?
  14. Dave KG's guides are legendary and I dont think anyone should get into detailing or using a rotary/DA without reading them BTW I burnt through the paint on the test panel accidentally by doing too many passes on an edge of the panel with a polish pad and Poorboys SSR3. I was seeing how much effort it too, and TBH it was quite a lot, but certainly doable by accident as a noob. I still went on to do my Zed with good affect, but was just more careful with it.
  15. I guess like any long running car, there will be good ones out there and also plenty of lemons where owners havent cared for them properly. Given their popularity compared to the Zed, I'd imagine there are a lot of lemons out there in absolute numbers, but its probably a lower percentage of the total number out there compared to the Zed. We have to remember that people in a community like this are not like the vast majority of Boxster owners when it comes to looking after cars. That probably leads to a lot of people knowing someone who has a Boxter that needed work. I'd imagine there are a lot more out there that have run flawlessly.
  16. I'm personally hoping for rain otherwise Seb will be off into the distance. He certainly did show everyone else how to do it today, hats off to the chap. I really really just want to see him race rather than run off into the distance.
  17. I've found it now - but why you couldnt just tell me its generated from here - http://togo.ebay.com/create/ - I do not know
  18. All you have to do it give me the link to where on eBay it says thats how to use it, really not that hard. No disrespect, I just want to hear it from the hourses mouth as it were. I can clearly read what the code is doing, I want to know thats how its meant to be used. For instance there could be options attached which we may or may not want to invoke.
  19. In that case you would be wrong. The team is exactly that, we run as a team. The more techy guys that require Admin status get it, the guys that dont need it dont (and then cant break anything as I tend to do!). We discuss modifications to the site as a team. We'll take this to the team area and discuss its merits and see if we want it. Can you give a link to where you got the code from? Personally dont want to be adding random flash to the site when I dont know the true source
  20. Chris`I

    What else?

    Maybe an 06 airbox, but you're not likely to see many gains for it. Personally I'd say get a venturi stack from Rich (rtbiscuit) and then after all the bits are fitted get the uprev
  21. Brilliant
  22. Why else would you go? Have fun Dave, its a great day out and the live show is good fun, especially the target practice
  23. I agree. So when are you getting a GTR? Look at the end of the day, if all things being equal (age, price, etc) the Porsche is a better car. You only have to drive it to realise that. Comparing the Cayman S I had out on track to my 370z, I'd say they handle very similarly. The Cayman felt a bit more clinical which for me wasnt particularly a good thing and the interior in it seemed rather bland - although better built than the 370z. It did handle better though so you have to give it that. Given the choice I would take a Cayman S as its that bit better drive and you get the badge, but theres no way in hell I am willing to pay the premium they demand for it.
×
×
  • Create New...