Jump to content

Chris`I

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    24,812
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chris`I

  1. Great work - well done those traffic cops and you for reporting them Shame they probably just got a slap on the wrists
  2. I'd imagine to get things rolling Nissan will foot the bill. That and also the first places to be installed will likely be supermarkets and service stations where they may waive the fee for charging if you buy X amount in store. So they just take it off the profits to pay for it. Will be more complicated than that in real life for Nissan and its contracts, but that will likely be how it works on the face of it.
  3. It means that for every 1% you move the throttle pedal, the ECU will move the throttle plate open 1%. So at half way throttle pedal travel, the throttle will be open 50%. Foot flat to the floor, the throttle will be open 100%. As standard the car is fly-by-wire which means the movement from the throttle pedal is interpreted by the ECU and the throttle plate moved as much or as little as the ECU deems required. As such it doesnt move it 1:1 based on the pedals, it bases it on other paramters such as engine load, engine revs and the gear you are in too I think. So UpRev can play with this map or transalation from pedal position to throttle opening, with the *holy grail* being 1:1. I'm not sure how much it can tweak it before he breaks the cruise control, but there is some movement. Mark from Abbey will be able to explain more Thats my understanding, altough things may have changed by now.
  4. No quite - in certain setups you will lose it. IIRC its when you have the true 1:1 throttle map you lose the cruise as it cant handle the 1:1 throttle programming. If you have the "sharpened" throttle map which isnt 1:1 direct mapping, you will retain it. Not sure I know anyone that has taken the 1:1 throttle map yet, I think most will keep cruise instead. 1:1 map will be for track cars I guess.
  5. NAS = network attached storage - ie a harddrive (in a case) that can connect to PCs etc over your network. Usually you'd hardwire it to your broadband router over network cable and then any PC be it wired or wireless can access it
  6. See the first post - I've copy and pasted the bits from Blitz FB page
  7. Really. I'll let you escort Jay from the premises then
  8. Congrats - locked
  9. Fine by me, we know you're not a dodgy character after all
  10. Yeah you think that, then one day BAM he'll have ya
  11. Now now, careful who you @*!# on the way up, as you will surely meet them on the way down again
  12. Oh he has a lot more tugs than that!
  13. Would look better on a 370z than a Scooby
  14. Sorry to hear about this, absolutely gutting So was the bike chained up, just with a different chain to the policy? If you can prove it was equal or better than the other chain specified, I cant see that they wouldnt be able to pay out. Check the wording of the policy very carefully, and perhaps have a no win/no fee firm have a look over it too. One letter from a solicitor and they will likely change their mind with the payout. Hope it works out, dont take no for an answer, they shouldnt get away without paying out if it was chained up
  15. Agree with Dan. Most likely this place had a batch come through that was dodgy. If thats the case they should have contacted Falken and made them aware and also recalled them if it was that serious. It also depends how long the owners had the tyres on the car before they were cracked. If they'd been sat for years doing no miles then that may be normal and not dangerous. FWIW, I had 2 sets covering ~50k miles between them and had no problems.
  16. Easily sorted with a new exhaust, which lets be honest, the 350z needed too
  17. Yeah we'd rather not see a headline like that from one of our meets Some of those cars look like they are in really weird positions on the road, would love to see a reconstruction of what went on CSI style!
  18. +4 on Abbey
  19. Put em on the Zed and its job jobbed Stew
  20. When it works
  21. To be fair the Zed is quite a capable car in the snow if driven sensibly. Obviously not the amount that Stew had, but the past few years I've made it to work when loads of people have refused and that was in the 350z. I was very proud passing countless BM's and Porkers on my way home where they had been abandoned by planks that cant drive I have the luxury this year of being able to car share the Alfa so no reason for it to venture out in the snow.
  22. Too late (only a little bit though and the 40th paint code does a good job of hiding it)
  23. +1 - Mine wont be SORN'd but I'll try not to take it out once the gritters start coming out. Only on nice days after the grit has been washed away, or when I can get her clean again afterwards. Had the old girl out yesterday for a good run to the New Forrest and it was great to have a nice responsive petrol over the Diesel daily driver
  24. Er, did you read Chris's post This is what I meant in the text for the roadster, but stick it to the boot -
  25. If its purely for down the gym, even ones like the CX300/400 will do. They have good punchy bass, and while not audiophile territory, they are great little phones that you dont mind getting trashed. I use some old CX299's when doing the turbo trainer at home and it blocks out the noise of that
×
×
  • Create New...