Jump to content

Chris`I

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    24,812
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chris`I

  1. I know that feeling My box had some intakes in too. They looked so shiney back then
  2. And you find that strange given that we are at xmas? As the others have said, you need to order in the Autumn, around Sept/Oct to beat any rush. Zed can handle snow on summer tyres if you are a good driver, but I wouldnt recommend it. I made it back a couple of years ago from Slough to Basingstoke when most other users on the road were giving up, even in FWD cars. Just have to take it steady and keep moving. Or just not go out when it snows
  3. Chris`I

    Lack of grip...

    +1. And Stones arent the best in the cold, and they are summer tyres, so not at all designed for this weather. Even our Alfa Diesel is a bit under gripped at the moment with its summer tyres and thats not even pushing big power and all the weight is over the driven wheels. Take it easy for a few months and have fun when the weather warms up. Cant say my Falkens were any more grippy on the 350z last year than the Stones are on the 370z this year.
  4. Not a Stillen - too many of those around already
  5. Haha true. Not sure anyone would want the parts from a 100k mile old 53 plate Zed though I should have kept it as a track car than let it go to some numpty who may now have written it off.
  6. Which I think means its been scrapped and DVLA have been notified. I just ran the details through of a car I scrapped and got the same message. My poor baby
  7. Get a bus through there you would
  8. And to think he might even hold a driving license
  9. Should do the trick
  10. You need ones that arent directional like that. Look at the housing and how the bulb goes into it. Directional ones like the one linked will shine up to the sky and not light up the housing like a typical bulb will which illuminate light all around. I used to have these as tail lights ( http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2pcs-7440-744 ... 2eb9c38dd3 ) in my 350z. I would have used the latter in my tail lights too if I had the choice, but as I already had the former for a fog light test (not bright enough for fog light IMO) I just used them. warden_jp2002 is the seller, he was very good when I was trying out foglight bulbs for clear housing, sent me out new brighter ones when the became available.
  11. My old Zed And my old Leon FR has just been taxed so someone is keeping her on the road
  12. Chris`I

    Handling

    Fine for pootling about in a @*!# box to and from work, but in a 1.5 tonne 300HP RWD car, its not something you want to consider Mixing also isnt anywhere near as much an issue with FWD cars which predominantly understeer off the road before anything bad happens. Its also no real problem in the Zed when its dry, its when you hit damp of wet tarmac that the car handles weirdly with mixed tyres.
  13. I like it but a proper red one would look better And I prefer my 350z with a boot lip spoiler. But its all personal preference.
  14. The start of this guide will get you going, no need for bumper off, its very easy from inside the car - http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=11530 I beleive you need T20 bulb from memory.
  15. +1 When I had my old 350z dyno'd at Eurospec2000 a few years back mine heatsoaked massively. Monitoring on OBDII, intake temps on the way there were about 20C, obviously rising sharply when stationary but then going back down again within about 30 sec of moving again. When on the dyno the temps were well up there, somewhere around 30-40C IIRC So nothing like they were on the road. So I decided to leave mine on purely for the sound. I never got to put the standard box back on again before I sold it, so cant tell what the difference would have been, but I'm guessing it would only be from a standstill when a bit of heatsoak would have kicked in.
  16. Chris`I

    R34 Perfection

    Nurrish can only see red
  17. Ahem, 25+VAT in this country
  18. Blasphemy!
  19. I'll definately be in the minority but I prefer it without the hard cover I think the S2k pulls off a hard cover much better, love the Z4 as a soft-top though
  20. Even easier rememdy. Wind down the window all the way without autodown (hold button all the way down), then wind them all the way up without autoup (hold button all the way up) and hold for a few seconds at the top. This needs to be done whenever you disconnect the battery
  21. Yes, thats why I waited for it, but they are only on MY10+ 370z, not in 350z
  22. I think D2 started off as a generic brake thats been rebranded, loads of them about. Personally I'd go for the KSport from Mitz@CS. They will be about the same but at least he's a known trader and Bennett has given his a ragging and they are still going strong. You also know you can get replacement pads and discs for them as they are the same fitment as the AP brakes. Akebono equally are a good call as they are just 370z brakes, so there will be a lot of options for pads and discs turning up soon. You also know with these as they are spec'd for the 370z that the bias is right and wont upset the car as the weight of the 350z is almost identical to the 370z. If you do want the Akebono, maybe try Lee and see if he's broken a 370z recently as he will do them cheaper. You'd then just need to get the brackets and some aftermarket discs. Probably cheaper than shipping a kit from the US. Depends how good a deal someone like Tarmac can do you I guess.
  23. Strange one, think I'd get it to the dealer when you can just to be sure
  24. Its not a true BBK as they are just standard (UK) 370z brakes. They are equivelant to the 370z as Brembos were to the 350z , standard over here but upgrade to the US base cars. So bigger than a standard 350z Brembo brake, but not BBK in my mind. Certainly have more stopping power than the Brembo's but suffer a bit of loss of modulation.
×
×
  • Create New...