Jump to content

Wasso

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    13,804
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Wasso

  1. Not for me I'm afraid, like the real thing parked on the drive. If you can't find the right version, maybe sell it and down version to the pre-bonnet buldge?
  2. If it was me I'd go for the HR model then. The DE 06 is great, but not as great with adding mods to increase power over that of the pre-06 and post 06. Again it's marginal by a few hp here and there, but as you say interior is much improved, and the LED rear lights do make for a nice look (The 06 model also has the velocity stack imrpovement in the airbox)
  3. The netgear kit is normally very good. I run an access point as well (netgear) in my network, but that never plays up and is now (hmmmm) 6 years old and I never have to reset it. I wonder if it has something to do with the line which is being provided. Don't forget the line is like the london underground, crowded and unreliable! I bet if you paid for a upgraded line the issues could potentially go away. As before, I have contacted the ISP before to have my connection reset at the exchange and it still happens. Now I frequently reset the router to regain connection, plus the Wi-Fi has become sporadic. Last year I thought it may have something to do with overheating of the Netgear router, so I took it apart and drilled holes into the housing, looks like a sieve now, lol. and even after airflow has been improved, is now starting to deteriorate in regards to connectivity. Increasing airflow is one idea, how about spacers or coilovers? Sounds like the router is packing up if it's droping wi-fi connectivity.
  4. The netgear kit is normally very good. I run an access point as well (netgear) in my network, but that never plays up and is now (hmmmm) 6 years old and I never have to reset it. I wonder if it has something to do with the line which is being provided. Don't forget the line is like the london underground, crowded and unreliable! I bet if you paid for a upgraded line the issues could potentially go away.
  5. I was thinking the same Very nice landscape I have to say, love the tranquillity and quiet roads.
  6. I'm on Sky and my netgear does the same, suddenly jumping to the amber light to re-connect. I'm yet to approach sky about it, as it's a very rare occurance. In terms of replacement I can't help you on that one.
  7. It's marginal to be fair. During the Wales trip there was every variety, modified, un-modified, stock with varying models, all of which kept up with each other with no issues (although forget keeping up with Sam's supercharged version). If you are fussy about power you'll need to go FI, or maybe select the HR model which is likely to be more improved than the previous models. I went for a 06 plate and the mods I fitted don't make as good gains as the older DE (pre 06). Select the HR version and your mods will show good gains also. Like I say, if you want to see a sizeable power difference go FI, if not they are pretty much all the same, all depends on your exterior and interior preferences.
  8. The two registrations have been spotted by my work colleague on a regular basis on the Oldbury Road - whilst coming to work to West Bromwich. They are both Azure and although my colleague is not in a Zed she spots you both on the same journey to work. She always comes to work and says "saw that zed again" Keep your eyes out for a Peugeot 307 3 door in a kinda Azure also. If you see her flash away!! (your lights that is!!) (She may respond with a flash in return or a puzzled look - hopefully a flash of the lights)
  9. Come on people, we're waiting for the other pics..... Octet Darren Husky ChrisS ANOther? Bruce (sure these may take a while cos they are special ones )
  10. Hope to see you in the fold soon, and hope life without the Zed isn't too painful
  11. That is a great idea, I'm sure people would be glad to make sure they're legal
  12. Happy Birthday!!
  13. Ahhhh, it's yours wasso
  14. I would have preferred carbon but it's in fact Gloss Black. I'm now actually glad it's gloss black due to the small stone chips I picked up can easily be repaired with a can of spray. Shire was showing me his carbon lip which picks up damage and will of course cost more to repair.
  15. Nice one Chris keep them coming
  16. Superb pics Andy - even a nice one of me in front of Chris in the hills
  17. Another amazing weekend at the Moreton Hotel and the great countryside of Wales. A VERY BIG Thankyou to ALL who helped towards making Wales what it is. It's pointless naming the obvious due to the size and complexity of organising Wales. From the hotel arrangements, the routes, the pre-planning, the badges, information and so on. This forum wouldn't be this good without the sincere dedication of the Site Admin, Moderators and Organisers. So to you all, thanks for a great weekend. Fantastic as always to meet the usual suspects and to see new members and the motors. I have to say Sam's Supercharged 350z is truly stunning, the sound is something you'd hear on a runway, and it looks perfect (First dibs when you're selling up). I'd also personally like to thanks Darren and Bennett, for working in the wind and rain trying to get my car fixed. It was appreciated even further with the +1's getting us a supply of food and beer when our glasses were nearing empty. I can't wait for the next meet @ Port Solent and the Garden of Eden, then of course the Lakez and potentially a trip right up north maybe in September. Boys & Girls, Ladies & Gents, those who were sober and those who were drunk. Cheers for a great weekend. This is one great friggin excellent family of Zed fanatics!! Keep up the good work everyone. (And after this weekend I don't think I'll ever sell the Zed based on weekends we have like this - I'm actually feeling withdrawn and depressed being sat behind a computer rather than the steering wheel). Until the next meet.....
  18. Here's a few of my pics: (Video's will need to be edited as there's a load of nonsence sitting behind traffic shots!)
  19. Nice one - keep us posted with the new purchase
  20. Nice breeze at Moreton intermittent sun
  21. Buckets and hose already supplied, but there's a jet wash station round the corner.
  22. You'd need something like a steam clean to get rid of grease etc. I'm taking my engine bay cleaner so you can use some of that if needed, as I'll be doing mine this afternoon
  23. You sure they're not fwd? And damn, the only closer i've seen drivers getting is touring cars. I wasn't paying that much attention to be fair.... but well spotted!!
  24. Nice clean car!! Sorry, great angle of attack on that corner!! Great shots to be fair.
  25. I'll join you on that one....
×
×
  • Create New...