Jump to content

Wasso

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    13,804
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Wasso

  1. Bonnet buldge was 07 onwards and has twin intakes, also has a modified plenum so you won't need a plenum spacer. If you were to purchase cold air induction it would cost you more than the 06, although don't hold me to that. To be fair your best bet is to give Mark @ Abbey Motorsport a ring. He's knowledge and tuning experience of both the DE and HR engines is great. I advise writing down all he says so that you can make judgement offline. In hindsight I went for the more expensive newer model a couple of years ago. Ok so it's facelift was nice but the earlier DE engines made better gains from mods. So I lose out, but then the car is newer and had all the luxuries I wanted. Had I been more impressed with the HR (07+) maybe, maybe not. Like I said, the difference is marginal. Best thing to do is test drive both the 06 and 07 and you'll struggle to find any massive differences.
  2. Nice one Will and Bruce, he did take some cracking photos. As long as the weather is dry I don't care how warm or cold it is really. There's an excellent turnout, great organisation, food, and most of all like minded people whole love the Zed. you couldn't ask for a better weekend. (heck I went all sentimental then)
  3. If you were to put the two side by side, put the mods onto the pre 07 and the 07+ was stock, quarter mile the two and there'd be hardly any difference between the two. If anything the pre 07 could nip the line after having the extra mods. If you want either vehicle for me it would have to be price and whether I wanted the 07 onwards. If you purchase the older vehicle you'll have more cash in your pocket for modifications.
  4. That just turned all the lights off in the office?????
  5. Oh okay then....?
  6. No preferences have been touched? Really odd.....
  7. How strange, no matter which forum I head to I get the 370?
  8. Every thread is bringing up a pic of the 370z in the top right hand corner of the site - don't write the 350 off just yet?!!!!
  9. You never specified "where" in the West Midlands.....
  10. Nice my type of girl
  11. I never purchased any, although in Germany I think it's compulsory. I drove 2,500 miles last year across Europe and never got stopped. Thing is, if you do get stopped a nice little fine will be in your pocket.
  12. I read that Friday afternoon may produce some light showers but improving during the week. I don't think we'll have the weather of May..... As long as it doesn't rain, gets a bit slippy out there!!!!!!
  13. I could recommend my local garage, he's done a bit of work for me and Jayne's car. Only problem is it's a bit of a leg journey for you to get over? I think he may require some notice also. Worth a try if it's an option. Frank Stone Garages Ltd 0121 778 1363 B28 8LH
  14. And no Alcohol..... If we are doing Country Cooks this time it's going to be VERY busy with us lot in there!!!!! Lets hope the weather is better than September and more like May of last year.
  15. If you need, my place is 23 mile down the road. Workshop,trolly jacks,axle stands,tools and gloves and hand cleaning. If you get realy messy, shower as well. Very generous Chris, you go space for 50 zeds??
  16. Happy Birthday James
  17. Perhaps giving you those gloves and with a was not for same purpose you were thinking
  18. One of the guys at RT Performance have a Lexus in the white carbon, it's pretty impressive stuff. (Went to my local Nissan dealer on Saturday - they had 4 GTR's like above in the dealership) Dribble.... Dribble.... Dribble.... Dribble.... Dribble.... Dribble.... Dribble.... Dribble....
  19. I had a helpful Agency bloke once, had a blow out, escorted me off the motorway as I was only 700 yards to the services and even gave me some surgical gloves so that I didn't get my hands dirty when changing the wheel Although I'm sure he wouldn't have gone as far changing it for me
  20. Depending on your wallet size and taste you're looking over £1k for that lot. Remap £400, spacer (motordyne) £190, exhaust £300+ decats £150'ish unless you go Berks £400, panel filter I'm not sure on price. The exhaust all depends on whether you go back box, Y pipe, Cat Back, the more you replace the greater the cost.
  21. Brakes I'll do no problem, in fact if Darren brings his special brake bleeding kit I can do my brakes too. I can also bring my trolley jack too as it has it's own case. May as well as there are a number of traders coming so there's bound to be a request for a trolley jack. So I'll bring the lot. Just need to remember to take it all out before the drives due to the EXCESSIVE weight!!!!!!!
  22. I spent the day removing stone chips from the bonnet. I think I've done a fairly good job considering it's the first time I've ever done it. After getting up close there must have been 300 of the bleeders. Got hold of 100ml of B17 and a great applicator from halfords. Just can't wait now till Wed or Thu to have the bodykit fitted and springs. I have a feeling I may wet myself
  23. but remember Darren is the official 350zRAC. so it saves him getting run over when helping other Zed owners with mechanical issues.
  24. You don't need a special tool. If you want me to bring copper grease and tool kit I'll bring it along. I can even do the pads for you if you want in return for a pint.
×
×
  • Create New...