Jump to content

Wasso

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    13,804
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Wasso

  1. DRIVE DRIVE DRIVE Agreed quiet location, nothing to stop us doing a VERY early or VERY late evening drive (Especially as the weather is going to be amazing!!)
  2. Might need a certain Techy' to do that for him, as his broadband upload speed is pretty dreadful!!
  3. Cheers buddy I'll send you my email addy and next time he's at a meet I'll get him a bev
  4. It was nearer to 3 hours.... Not good....
  5. Will, give Bruce a big thanks, some cracking photo's in there. Any chance he can send me a good quality version of pic DSCF0080 Cheers - could do with it as my background for the laptop
  6. Now where did that bolt go??
  7. Wow man that thinks on stilts compared the the red ship. Maybe lowering is required?? Nice carbon splitter on the front??
  8. Great pics although with your shots I can see some big paint issues. Luckily it's being fixed
  9. Just let me know when you're ready
  10. I have a spare plenum you could borrow
  11. Wasso

    My new toy.

    Nice Azure colour I'd have given up golf just to keep the Zed. You'll have to find out where it's being sold to find out what price they'll sell it for?
  12. Sounds like a top idea. I could do with seeing Newhaven again to see what's changed. Left there in 1987 when all the storms hit the south! Is that club still going on the end of the Pier in Eastbourne?
  13. 2 questions... Why is the left stalk operating the wipers, mine is on the right stalk? The Red line on the rev counter is 6600?? Is that due to being the 276 version??
  14. Love the focus, superb car, I'd like to see that motor of yours Iain. Haven't been to Eastbourne in years
  15. I wouldn't want to put 350ponnies to the front wheels to be fair. A mate at work who had the Civic type R has sold and chosen a 08 Cupra not sure if its the FR or R with the K1 pack. Nice on the outside but the dash is seriously
  16. Ah I remember now. Don't remember the lion thing but alcohol does some strange things
  17. 0-60 is about 6.2 seconds for the Leon. Could have been quicker if it was lighter, but for a hot hatch it's heavy and for that reason not a great sprinter.
  18. Technically thats not 100% correct........we did have chat about your NoS issues but you'd drowned your sorrows by that point and eyes were pointing in the wrong direction so it prob didn't register I guess that was when the car was being repaired, you should have introduced yourself. I was as you say drowning my sorrows at the thought of devastation!! I actually have a hoody with my user name on and was going to bring it but found it hadn't been cleaned properly in the washing machine so I forgot to bring it. Maybe it might be possible to work on getting t-shirts or hoodies made with our user name on and a pic of their car, maybe proceeds could go to the forum? (mods what do you think?)
  19. It's the 06 296bhp model that can take on this mod. If you're doing plenum spacer then throw this on at the same time as the upper plenum will be off, just a case of taking the lower collector off and replacing with MREV2 If you pm Tarmac he can get hold of them. Not sure on price. PS - fitting the MREV2 and plenum spacer is a nice easy DIY job so don't pay a garage to do it otherwise you're looking at 2 hours labour charge. They may charge one hour but it all depends on the garage. For DIY it can be done within the hour. First time of learning may take 2 hours?
  20. SpursmadDave -
  21. Iain, don't worry mate we felt the same last May, but it don't take long to meet new friends. We at our first Wales had to sit outside and work out who was who, once you spot the regulars like Mad Marky, Shire, Colin, Darren, Graham, Will etc etc you never forget a face or personality. Don't worry I finally got to meet some new faces but long standing members for the first time. You'll find next time it will be more relaxing as you'll know half the group. Members I didn't get to meet was Ricey, Choptop, but sure there will be another time
  22. The MREV2 gives the 06 model improved airflow. The MREV2 is the lower collector which channels the air flow from air intake. The pre06 models have longer trumpets where the 06 model has short trumpets. The MREV2 has the same long trumpets but the front to cylinder trumpets are shaved at the top to aid airflow. A very odd modification but works well.
  23. I need to source a new cooling panel as my old one in blue carbon doesn't fit anymore because my front bumper is thicker than oem, so need a slim fit panel
  24. Best thread award I say. Husky, Chilli, ChrisS, Tarmac, Will, Darren and Octet exactly spot on. Also love the repairs undertaken by Bennett
×
×
  • Create New...