Jump to content

Wasso

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    13,804
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Wasso

  1. I'll let you all know when my Duralumin nuts either fall apart, sheer off, or breakdown. In the meantime they've been on the car 3 months with no issues, including a Hoon in Wales and Maidstone, wheels have also been off on 3 occasions without any issues.
  2. Didn't Sarah have a contact somewhere - a company that provided the correct sized bolts etc along with coloured titanium bolts where required?
  3. Any chance if the bolts being coloured as well? A full bolts set would be good. How about the strut bar ones, and maybe the long plenum bolts?
  4. My plate ends EZJ Easy Jay, but like erm my names not Jay Or I could just change my name? Which is cheaper a new name or a new plate
  5. Staying in my room aren't you Martin You said you wanted to do something special for your anniversary Free Glass selection at the door
  6. A full original Nismo plus painting I'd say is knocking on the door of 2k. In hindsight I wish I bought a 2005 GT spec at say 11k 2 years ago. With the 5k I'd save on purchasing a vehicle I could do pretty much anything. Considering I've spent a heck load more I could have gone twin turbo or SC and bodykit. (taking into account I paid 16k for mine) Seriously if you have the vision of modifying you'll save more money by getting the cheaper tax version and personally a better engine than the Revup. It's great but I could have done a load more had I not been so greedy and wanted a newer low mileage. Also consider depreciation. A car at £16k will lose me more money than one at £9k. (for instance) If you want to mod and bodywork is first on the list then potentially power I'd go for a cheaper based car.
  7. Looks like I was too late....
  8. Not sure which ones you are looking at on eBay as I can't access that at work. I have these - and they are fine. Only issue being is the nut size is not Metric, they are Imperial, as such your wheel brace will not function correctly with these and I had to get hold of a long throw Imperial size socket. Problem solved, and they look the Nuts!! (pardon the pun)
  9. Nice looking car Although what's with all this XK business.... are people growing old too soon? Heck I'm 37 does that mean in a few short years I'm going to be driving a Jag. Not that I disslike them, it's just I don't think I'm ready for that cup of coffee just yet? Oh man I'm dreading hitting 40!!
  10. They've all probably been on the lash before the race Or even during?
  11. He didn't seem very passionate about the car which worries me also, and like you say driving around on a bald tyre isn't good, not what you would expect from a guy who is in the RAF and training to be a helicopter pilot, you would think his vehicle checks and maintenance would be spot on! A big shame really
  12. If so the 14 year old kids will get 10 mins community service and an award for bravery
  13. I see you what you're saying but the chap selling sounds lazy, especially running round on a very worn tyre. What if he was running round with an engine management light for 6 months then got it fixed. First impressions count and personally I'd walk away. There will be an example out there better than expectations for sure
  14. See you enjoyed that
  15. That is about the only option. You'll be surprised how much you can fit in the spare wheel area. We travelled Europe foe 10 days with camping gear, bedding pillows, clothes and car bits. It's a logistical nightmare but can be done. You just have to be very careful with your selection of baggae. The Mrs should be restricted to just two pairs of footwear as these clog up the luggage space very easily. Also one small makeup bag and not a salon of items. You'll get it in there, just need to be clever with baggage and negotiating with the Mrs
  16. That's just not right. Imagine if it was your car, can you imagine the pain. I think I'd go raving bonkers!! A great shame as it's garaunteed to be stripped.
  17. Sounds good Will, bet you can't wait. Good luck. Oh tell Bennett I'll no longer accept calls from him from this day forward After sending him a text wishing him a safe journey I didn't get a reply, so that's it, it's OVER!!
  18. Interesting and captivating at the same time. Good to see a flow if photos. Whenever I do work on the car I take the before photos get to work, totally forget about taking photos as I'm so engrosed that I forget to take any at all until it's done. Just one question, with the extra tension, will that create extra friction and cause the belt to wear sooner? Good work by the way
  19. Is that the one where a Fezza is in front and the Zed boots it?
  20. 20 front and 25 rear
  21. the guys with experience of s2000-4u will be along shortly I've heard and seen the agro with cars that have come from there
  22. You may have a clone??
  23. As long as its not mechanically a "dog" then no problem. We all understand the dealer and their lack of customer service, so cleaning a car is nothing too much to worry about. But if the dealer sells a car which has items such as worn tyres they are likely to replace or reduce price. I see what you're saying and judgement should prevail to sift out the "dogs". I found my car via the Nissan dealership website.
×
×
  • Create New...