Jump to content

Wasso

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    13,804
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Wasso

  1. Petrol station is just 400yards from work, so if it does conk I can always walk up and get some fuel. I did recall your attempt at seeing how far you could go with the - - -.
  2. Wasso

    lake Z photos

    Photobucket for the WIN!
  3. Wasso

    lake Z photos

    You'll just have to drink more!!
  4. Funny you say that, after stopping at the BP which didn't serve super, I then checked the Nav to find the nearest Shell. It claimed there weren't any. I checked the DTE, Checked my distance home and I was presumed to have 9miles left in the tank by the time I got home. After the blast out the Toll booth and various other catchup bits and pieces my dte claimed I would get home with Zero miles left. My local petrol station was closed as I didn't want to peel off for expensive fuel and I've even managed to get to work this morning (9miles) and I've done 35 miles into the - - -. Luckily there is a fuel station just round the corner from work, but it just shows you can drive economically. I managed 26mpg on my way to work this morning, and normally I get 19. That's a week long saving of £17 a week, or over the year £915!! (Just by laying off the loud pedal!) Enjoyed the drive back
  5. Wasso

    Boot lid

    The rear boot lid weighs a complet and utter TONNE!! I have a Seibon boot and I have no real issues with it. There maybe a very slight fitment issue, because it's so light, it struggles to compress against the rubber cushion around the edge of the boot and may not seal as good as the oem. As you can see from this recent pic from the LakeZ I am looking to have the boot catch shortened so that it seals better. The only issue in reducing the weight from the back is when you come round to slippery road conditions, being lighter the back end tends to step out a little easier, and in the snow it's even harder to obtain traction. Weight saving is: from oem to carbon will save you 21kg if you ditch the spare wheel and tools you'll save a further 23kg So that's 44kg loss very easily. If you go for a Titanium exhaust, you'll save 23kg. Lose the seats, cats, lightened fly wheel, pulleys, lighter strut bar, lose the aircon or any other luxuries the possibilities are endless. Although remember the car is already pretty much 50/50 weight distribution, or 49/51 not sure, so if you start messing too much it could unsetle the car? Although I'm no expert on this. I've managed to shed 66kg and I personally believe it makes a difference, not massively, but just a slight edge.
  6. Wasso

    lake Z photos

    Ricey this picture was actually taken whilst my jeans were drying out on my plenum
  7. I'm home and just eaten a big fat JUICY curry  sat on my sofa with my tv and remote. Gorgeous!!  I don't miss the naff weather of the weekend but it didn't stop us from having an amazing weekend, we even managed to slip a visit to lake windamere. Managed to get back on quarter of a tank of fuel, and not sure what ChrisI was doing on our way home but my fuel economy has taken a positive turn   Id like to thank all of those who contributed to the event, Martin I've learnt something about alcohol intake from your whiskey intake and ability to be cleared for driving a vehicle   lexx I thought the £20 I slipped in your pocket would contribute to the best of show but clearly not   It was really good to meet some new characters, Neil your car looks awesome, better than the pics. Gman your nuts after I was told how much that exhaust cost. ChrisS for his fantastic paintwork, Jay that front bumper looks great, it has a mouth like a whale ready to collect anything it chooses to suck in  Vik glad to have met you at long last and all the other memebers from the North. Oh and a big thanks to Andy (ak350z) for his mini hoon to his place to be greated by Fran and her AMAZING brownie cakes they were superb  and not forgetting the trip to the coast and the 10 out of 10 drive back to Heaves. One of the best drives to date. For sure the LakeZ is now firmly in my calendar for next year. I've thoroughly enjoyed the weekend. Thanks to all as you all made it the weekend it was   (Oh and a big  to Graham(glrnet) for winning best of show.  )
  8. Glad snoops good mate, good to see you both again. Until the next time
  9. To be fair the weather has been crap, but nice to meet some new faces. Show and shine comp tomorrow (in the rain) really looking forward to it
  10. Poor effort husk Weather is fantastic, hotel is very luxurious and the camping is even better. Looking forward to the entertainment tonight
  11. Nope Rothers was at Asda collecting the beers
  12. Graham, Jayne asked if your better half is attending?
  13. Aren't we missing the point here somewhere? The Zed is a GT car hence thearge fuel tank. It's filled with all your creature comforts, and that signifies it's purpose was not to be super quick off the mark, and handle like an Elise in the corners. As others have said, had the weight issues been taken care of, it wouldn't have the luxuries or huge fuel tank. We are discussing a car that was made as a GT and turning into a slim tuned track car. Personally I chose the Zed for it's ability to serve a number of purposes, looks, power, price and luxuries. It's served it's purpose very well. It's not too difficult to reduce the weight of the car but it depends on what type of car you end up with. I've reduced the weight by 66kg and haven't compromised the comfort of the car. If you want to lose 200kg from the car it's not that difficult to work out how to lose that weight. Same applies for adding power, not difficult to understand how to add this. I don't think we should ask why Nissan made the car, or how it should have been better. I bet you could name a large number of cars and how to make them better. Although if that be the case the choice of cars out there dictates you've bought the wrong car. I have changed the cosmetics and tweaked performance and handling. If I wanted a super light super agile car I would have thrown in another 40k and bought a Porsche.
  14. Are you deadly serious? 740 That's a stupid amount of incidents.... surely the road is insafe if it's causing this many accidents? I know a report was done of all the UK roads, with selected roads being named as the most dangerous roads in the UK. Surely this road you have mentioned is a likely contender? Or is it idiots just not paying attention?
  15. You don't want to look inside mine either, hence the hoovering in the morning. Martin - don't tell me you've forgoten to clean tug!! I'm sure my girl will get dirty during the 150 mile route (the car that is), loads of brake dust and rainwater (probably), dust and the likes. So I'll be bringing her mac and cleaning equipment!
  16. Thought I'd shove up the starter of pre-lakez photo's. She's been cleaned, first coat of Supernatural applied, just a quick hoover and engine bay clean and 2nd coat of Supernatural in the morning and she'll be ready to enjoy the weekend.
  17. If you fancy a good drive head down to Beachy Head, park on the cliff (if you can) and that'd be pretty cool.
  18. Funny this subject has come up because I was having a good read on my350z last night and stumbled across the Revup oil issue. A large number of Americans chose not to purchase the revup which is why the HR was born. The oil consumption is much higher, it revs slightly higher, not only that but ive had my limit increased at Abbey, and from my experience the added hp has increased my consumption from 2-4 litres upto 4-5 litres. I don't have any oil leaks neither am I burning oil, it consumes and it's well known for having a higher usage of oil.
  19. The Insignia is plagued at work, that's all they are allowed. Bored of them now. Nice but boring. Although the elite I think it is has waggling headlamps and flashes at you when you press the "open door" button!
  20. Why not get in touch with the insurance companies in America. I'm sure there are certain companies which dictate cameras as part of their policy. They may be able to direct you to the cheapest most effective route?
  21. I keep playing this over and over - it just gets funnier
  22. This must be how they celebrate the happy bride and groom! I'm surprised some idiot came along and put the fire out, it was just getting interesting. Would have been hilarious to see them all get cooked after the fuel caught on fire
  23. Defective tyre, kerbed?
×
×
  • Create New...