-
Posts
13,804 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by Wasso
-
Ekona it's the approach that has pee'd people off, which has now woefully deteriated and annoyed members that weren't even involved. It's also the reaction of some of the team which has annoyed many. I personally asked Admin to not post an open announcement, and now look! What's done is done, maybe we should turn the forum off until the morning to let everyone calm down and start afresh in the morning. Beavis has taken the brunt of the backlash but responses back to members was shall I say rude. I have no issue with whoever was going to make the announcement, but it should have been just that and nothing more.
-
Robocop (1987) awesome film and the best the 3rd film was stupid, even had him flying around in a jetpack Well spotted that man!
-
Okay £60 plus delivery?
-
I'm sure the team exhausted all options before making the decision enforced. But to be fair the way in which it was posted on the forum was a tad poor. I witnessed the whole start to finish attempt at the announcement, which changed it's approach and dirrection on a number of occasions. Everyone has an opinion, and if the open announcement is left accessible a number of people will post positive or negative comments. Had the announcement been locked from the beginning we wouldn't be discussing this now 24hrs later. Those affected by Rich and John can be sattisfied action was taken, those who feel the ban was wrong should message the team and keep all this flogging behind closed doors. It's a bit like airing your own domestic arguments on a open forum, you just wouldn't.
-
Oh man yeah the Bandit, another great film and top car! The choices are endless really....
-
Shawingbada! "If you don't stop to look once in a while - you'll miss it!" One classic film... and yes top motor!
-
Graham - good to see the spray can has been out once more I'm interested with this scangauge II, send me a pm and tell me all about it, something I'd like to have me thinks! I've read up on it's ability to monitor various elements, but is this driven by purchasing a large number of sensors as well? Or is the majority of readouts available out the box?
-
I'd buy that for a dollar! (those who don't know thats a film quote)
-
+1 keviswatt, Countach was all over my bedroom wall as a kid. It WAS the ultimate super car. Despite the fact it was a b!tch to drive and you couldn't see out the rear view mirror. Still this car was Sex. A little fact, the Zed is quicker 0-60 than the 400s Countach, with a just higher tip speed of 180mph. So technically we have a modern day Countach, makes the Zed feel special. Elenor was also one fantastic car, they rebuilt 20 specially made as direct replicas of Elenor, even with Nitrous Oxide installed with "Go baby Go" on the gear knob. For me it's a bit Sad but Kit (knight Rider) or the Delorian from Back to the future.
-
That's a bummer. Anyone can come to the UK, it's a free country you know. I had a friend of mine who went out to America. He was sponsored, had family over there and was a good candidate for America. After 2 years of working out there he had to apply for residency. They rejected him, despite his family connection in America and that he had a job and was a secure reliable resident. His only option, as he was with a girl was to marry her. He now lives happily for ever after. Maybe you should Marry your other half, you're engaged, that way they should find it a lot harder to reject her application, but then again it's the cost of the whole matter. Feel for you mate!
-
Cool - thanks for the heads up Lee.
-
Heck! Point taken!! So not necessarily a car driven issue, more the point the source of where the fuel is stored and transfered. That'll be the last time I go beyond - - - - Cheers
-
Happy Birthday Marky Man! (Don't forget your chair!)
-
I thought it was a myth also, now with plastic fuel tanks rather than metal?
-
I've managed 35 miles into the - - - although didn't want to tempt fate!!
-
I used to live in Worcester Park, can't for the life of me remember the road. Turn off A3 towards WP, turn right at the parade of shops on your left after railway bridge then up the slight hill and turn right before the width restriction. Then take first left, maybe youn know where I mean?
-
Spotted DEATH on M1 between J4 and J5 tonight...
Wasso replied to Adrian@TORQEN's topic in 350Z General
Glad to hear you and the car are safe. Thing is once you lose traction side ways that's it! I had the same but far luckier escape than Lexx. I actually thought I'd hit the tunnel wall entrance the noise was horrific. Luckily only my alloys were scraped it could have been a whole lot worse. What's the condition of your tyre's Adrian cos you shouldn't really be losing it at 40? -
Was not expecting this when the call came in
Wasso replied to Keyser's topic in Off Topic Discussion
Hasn't rained here all day in fact it's been fairly reasonable for this time of year So erm daft question was that all rainfall from the street or do the have some sort of roof leak as that's a lot of water from just the rain. They said only an inch of water was expected? -
Agree the driving is awesome I'd struggle to execute the easiest of manoeuvres but feel Block is taking all the glory, yes he is sponsored by DC probably a lot cheaper than the likes of Lobe. I just feel the premiere boys would show the next level of tricks!
-
I reckon it has something to do with Dynamo - you know the street magician.... he's somehow magically put that rubber seal in your door card. That's like Magic but you didn't even know it!!
-
Don't get me wrong he is VERY good and the video shows it, but there's also a few mistakes. Care to point out where the mistakes are? I for one like all the Gymkhana vids. Top work! From memory the one which stood out was when he left the warehouse, he's lost the apex and looses momentum. If he's going to put rally stuff in there, then keep to his SUPERB hairpin in slow motion. That was class, but the exit from the warehouse was a bit poor. There are one or two more, I'll track them down tonight. What annoys me is Block is useless in the WRC, he should keep to the tricks he does in the older Gymkhana's, rather than influence his rally skills in his videos. It's a bit like Andy Murray doing a tricks video and gloating at his skills, and of course to make 4 of them is kinda saying he's amazing. Yeah they are great videos and I will watch them, but as mentioned Lobe, Solberg and Hirvonen should be doing this sort of stuff. It would prove the upset in skills against Block. Just my opinion
-
Might take a look inside my door trim, might be some weight saving to be made and free of charge at that
-
This is true, but while OEMs quote flywheel figures people will strive to "guess" what theirs is compared to the OEM figure. Agreed, but why aim for a number which is incorrect? I found a site not long ago, they dyno every new car that is manufactured. They dyno then compare against manufacturing figures. The Zed is claimed to lose 10% from manufactured figures even before it's driven 1 inch! I looked up the Leon Cupra K1 - as a friend has one, they lose 5% from manufactured figures. Although we all love the fact of achieving the highest number, FWHP can only be measured on a bench as mentioned by Iwantone.... We can all try and guess our FWHP but why use a guestimation? I like the fact I have a plotted dyno which tells me the truth. Dynodynamics dyno's showing FWHP are technically missleading. We should also take into account the age and the condition of the vehicle, these could also contribute to powertrain loss.
-
Chris didn't the percentage rule get discussed, it can't be used as a rule. I've had a further read on the web and there's a lot to dismiss the rule of percentage. What REALLY MATTERS is the WHP or HHP, improvements to your vehicle via modifications will result in what happens with contact with the road. So in all fairness, we should ALL forget FWHP and start all noting what we ACTUALLY dyno at. That's what matters to us all.
-
Because its what OEMs quote and its the number people want to know. I.e. I have a 370z - it comes from the factory with a quoted power of ~330HP. I got it dyno'd after fitting exhaust, intakes and having UpRev. I get 308HP@hubs. How do I compare that to the OEM figure? You cant - you can only use flywheel. In my case its ~360HP which is a nice 30HP bump So you are losing 52horses through the drivetrain, surely not! That's a big number, that's more than 10%