Jump to content

GMballistic

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    19,490
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GMballistic

  1. I know what your saying, not something I would have considered in the past but year before last I couldn't get the car 1mile from CS to our house when it snowed, damn slope to our house! Also it's my Mrs' daily and she has to do home visits and clinics where there's no public transport access so seems sensible to have. If it snows hawker I won't be driving the Zed no matter what tyres I have on it. Firstly because I'm in Wales and I can't drive anywhere locally without going up & down hills so the slightest snow fall can cause problems but also because I'm not worried about how I drive in bad weather conditions like snow, ...it's how all the other people drive that would worry me. I'll be walking 4-5 miles to work if it snows which I'd much rather do than risk someone crashing into me. Just not worth the risk to my Zed. Edit: Also do you have any idea how much a 19" 275/35 snow/winter tyre would cost!!
  2. I quite fancy one for my next car too but was under the impression that 2011 onwards had the advantage of an improved transmission and yearly instead of six monthly services. Not sure though.... The improvements on the 2011 car are pretty good, I have the suspension from 2012 car and the 2011 had a much better trans cooler, among other things. The servicing difference means nothing..... it was Nissan having released a new car and wanting to collect data on how things were going on the car. Some owners have moved to a 12 month service schedule and some of the 2011+ owners have moved down to a 6 month schedule. Personally, I prefer servicing the car every 6 months, purely because it has a hard life and nice to keep an eye on things, especially considering the price of parts Already doing some reading up & research on the GTR for future reference. Keep reading a lot about circlips, gearbox software upgrades & bell housing being done. Can you shed any light on those things Graham? especially the bell housing part? Thanks either way.
  3. Hope it's a good one.
  4. What an awesome motor, ..no wonder you miss it. Cool.
  5. Great stuff Nick. There are a few of us honest folk about & I'm so glad your phone was found by one.
  6. Same here. Personally I don't think it's all that necessary especially if you drive accordingly to the weather conditions. E.g: leave larger braking zones between vehicles etc when needed.
  7. What a f**ker, ...seriously can't believe that's happened to you after the keying incident. Don't give up as I'm sure there are a few decent people left on this planet, ...just seems none of them live near you. Seriously hope that some "dent master" or similar will be able to sort that. They should be able to get at it from behind the wheel arch I'd think.
  8. Snooze you lose. At least we where both being helpful.
  9. If no luck with Lee spotted these on eBay if they're of any use; http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NISSAN-350Z-2003-Front-Wing-With-Hole-LH-Left-Passenger-/400718496056?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item5d4caf0138 http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nissan-350z-Passenger-Side-Front-Wing-/171555074160?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item27f17ab070
  10. You know I love that gear knob and I like the 350Z UK sticker as it looks quite subtle on yours. Very nice job mate.
  11. Shhsss Dicky, ...my Mrs has realized so I'm enjoying the peace & quite.
  12. Ok thanks. What about reattaching? Melt it all back together ? Fyi rather than trying to melt it all back together afterwards just get some decent two part epoxy and that will hold it together forever. Like this stuff: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Evo-Stik-Epoxy-Rapid-Resin-Glue-A-New-High-Performance-Epoxy-Adhesive-Araldite-/171462422956?pt=UK_Crafts_Cardmaking_Scrapbooking_Glue_Tape_EH&var=&hash=item27ebf4f1ac
  13. Not saying this is what it is but worth checking the banana arm bushes as this is a common failing point on the 350. Happened on mine and would make a knocking noise when going over bumps & occasionally when turning under load. It's a cheaper & easier fix than the wheel bearings if it does turn out to be that although from what you've described so far it sounds more like a bearing issue. Banana arm bush pictured below fyi. Banana arm bushes here if you need them, OEM ~ Link: http://www.h-dev.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=25342 Up-rated ~ Link: http://www.h-dev.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=25451
  14. Looks fantastic newkid and the skulls are a very unique touch.
  15. I bought a suction cup camera mount from eBay which was £5 odd delivered. Tried it using my Sony digital camera which is as heavy as a brick and it didn't fall off even with some spirited driving on a B road. I'd bet a GoPro wouldn't even faze it. It was a similar one to this one which is actually listed for a GoPro which mine wasn't: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Suction-Cup-Mount-For-GoPro-HD-Hero-3-2-Camera-1-4-Thread-Tripod-Mount-Nut-/390776605613?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item5afc19cbad
  16. No surprise as we all know money can't buy you everything, ....good taste being one of those things obviously.
  17. Don't want to pi** on your parade veeg but the gear knob you (we) have is also actually found in a UK Nissan Primera/Almera & the Xtrail so nothing as cool as JDM sorry. Still beautiful though. Nice gear knob Op. Opssss, Oh well, it's still a knob for cool guys Definitely and still a unique gear knob to have in a Zed.
  18. Tried Shades Rs? Or what about R35LEE? Shades Rs: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/87886-53-nissan-350z-gt-breaking-spares-with-20-khans/ R35LEE: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/63996-2004-350z-breaking-all-parts/ Pretty sure Shades Rs has the wings still. Good luck & hope that helps.
  19. Don't want to pi** on your parade veeg but the gear knob you (we) have is also actually found in a UK Nissan Primera/Almera & the Xtrail so nothing as cool as JDM sorry. Still beautiful though. Nice gear knob Op.
  20. Good luck Craig and I'm rooting for you.
  21. Good news that you got home safely but bad news about the possible bearing issue. Was it a private or dealer/trader sale? Maybe they could fix it under warranty is what I was thinking if it's a dealer/trader sale that's all. Hopefully nothing too serious anyway, ...hub & bearing is about £199 from Clark Motorsport a trader on here fyi.
  22. Glad your enjoying vaping and maybe try to knock the cigars on the head in favour of vaping as it's definitely a healthier option imo. I used to vape a lot of Digby's E-liquids, ...mainly Gunpowder & Hooligan. Lately though I've been using a much nicer E-liquid from Vapelux London which has possibly the best flavours I've ever tried. I'm talking about fruity flavours here and these are really strong tasting which is great. Try them out if you get a chance Jp and I'm positive you won't be disappointed. Link: http://www.vapelux.com/e-liquids My favourite so far is "Watermelon, Cherry & Grape".
  23. Very nice indeed. Any engine bay pics you can share Turboextreme? just curious to how it looks under the bonnet.
  24. ^^ All the above pretty much sum's it up for me. He obviously doesn't respect you as a person, let alone a friend otherwise he wouldn't have said things about your mother. Give him a months notice or whatever legally you have to and then get rid of him.
  25. Great job Andy and that front lip look's fantastic. I'm with you on the sides steps though tbh: *Ring, ring* "Hello 1930's calling, Clyde Barrow & Bonnie Parker want their runner boards back!"
×
×
  • Create New...