-
Posts
19,490 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by GMballistic
-
Ahh. Get well soon Flex.
-
Happy Birthday both.
-
If anyone wants to race a GTR in a straight line try racing this one....
-
^^ This.
-
Thanks Dan for the concern. It will last around 7-8 seconds odd when used which I know is a very limited use and it's more just for use with a very small fire to stop it spreading if possible. I'm aware of it's limitations though so don't worry & also the possible danger of opening a car bonnet with a fire inside the bay. I've have used an identical size fire extinguisher before when one day I was driving one of my previous cars and noticed a woman & her child trying to put out a large cardboard box next to a garden fence that somebody had set alight too. I jumped out of my car and deployed my extinguisher but as you say it was gone in seconds. Luckily it was just enough to beat back the flames so that I could stamp the rest out with my feet. The only other time I have used a fire extinguisher was when I was 16 working in a pub kitchen ~ now that was a fun experience. Overloaded with garlic bread this oven grill & surround set alight. Everyone else in the kitchen just panicked but I grabbed this 6Litre fire extinguisher and let rip. Put the fire out in about 2 seconds. Now that was a fire extinguisher.
-
Imo Op I'd forget about all this import malarkey. With a £6K budget you should be able to find a good UK GT 350Z like below. 2004 Nissan 350Z, 60K miles, 2 owners, Rays alloys with FSH: http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201410318637108/sort/default/page/1/postcode/cf158rl/radius/1500/usedcars/onesearchad/used%2Cnearlynew%2Cnew/model/350_z/price-to/6000/maximum-mileage/up_to_60000_miles/make/nissan?logcode=p Also there are plenty of professional traders on here that can sort you out with a good exhaust system & new wing afterwards if you really want them, not to mention the opportunity for great secondhand parts from the for sale section on here . Insurance wise tbh I don't think it matters with these cars whether it's an import or UK car as some have found great insurance deals on both so neither is necessarily more expensive to insure than the other anymore. I'd also consider the fact that if you do buy an import it will more than likely be limited to a top speed of 112mph & you may not know any of the history of the vehicle as lot's of imports have very little or no service history. The other thing is it used to be beneficial to get certain cars in import guise with regards to extra power. For example I used to own an imported (JDM) Subaru Impreza WRX my96 which from Japan had around 276ps. The UK variant of the same year/model had something like 256bhp so I did have extra bhp/torque because I had the JDM version in comparison to the UK version but that isn't the case with the 350Z AFAIK.
-
Always looks good seeing Zeds together.
-
Don't have a 370Z but spotted these on eBay for you. Link: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nissan-370Z-2009-PREMIUM-Tailored-Car-Mats-Black-/111430648943?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item19f1c8c46f They look pretty good to me and definitely a cheaper alternative than the OEM ones. Perfect if you're looking for something cheap for over the winter months when it's potentially wet & muddy outside. Some people also use rubber mats over the winter which is a good alternative too.
-
Well if the Zed doesn't have MPSS he will surely just spin out & die. *Dramatization ~ may not actually be true* Don't say that, I'm taking mine off this week Don't worry I'm running Falken 453's on my now supercharged Zed and haven't died yet, ....famous last words. Tell my Mrs I loved my Zed when I'm gone.
-
Both great cars for different reasons, ...post some pics if you can (Photobucket is the easiest way). Welcome aboard.
-
That's a bummer. Can't complain too much though about the rain as it is winter now so should be sort of expected. Ideally the fire extinguisher should be easily accessible so the other place I considered for fitment was behind the drivers seat. Was thinking it could be mounted vertical on the B-pillar interior plastics simply enough. In the end I mounted it in front of the passenger seat as I had done it the exact same way in an old JDM Impreza WRX I owned and felt it was the simplest solution.
-
Well if the Zed doesn't have MPSS he will surely just spin out & die. *Dramatization ~ may not actually be true*
-
As the weather today was fair I was able to fully clean my Zed top to bottom as well as fit my new fire extinguisher. I've always had a fire extinguisher in my previous cars as I believe it's a good safety item to carry in any vehicle. The fire extinguisher I opted for in the end is a 0.6kg BC dry powder version which is small but it should be more than capable of extinguishing small electrical or liquid fires in the engine bay. Hopefully it will never be needed but it's there just in case. I made the mount using a 2mm piece of aluminium. Mounted the cage with some screw head bolts, s/s washers & nylock nuts. Then tidied up the sharp edges and fitted it in the car making sure I re-torqued up the seat bolts. Hope you like the look. Was going to paint the mount black but as I didn't have any black spray paint decided just to leave it as was.
-
Glad you got the Zed home safely & are enjoying it. +1 to what Hooch mentioned. Link to zmanalex here: http://www.350z-uk.com/user/9648-zmanalex/
-
I still love the GTR though.
-
One thing worth noting Jay is that with the EML already on if another problem occurs you're not going to realize unless you read the code & spot a new error code. You can buy code readers cheap enough from eBay and I believe some of them allow you to also clear the codes. That way you can check it regularly just to make sure it is on just because of the known O2 sensor error or whether something else has occurred. Link: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Powerful-D900-CANSCAN-OBD2-Live-PCM-Data-Code-Reader-Scanner-2012-Version-UK-G-/151465332045?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2344098d4d I don't have one of these myself but always planned on getting one, it's just other things popped up like supercharging. Take a look on eBay and you might find one even cheaper than the one I linked.
-
Good luck with the pick up.
-
350z Owner moving to the UK
GMballistic replied to Navy350z's topic in Introductions & Welcome Messages
Welcome aboard Michael. Personally I'd say sell your Zed and buy a new one when you get here. Plenty of good examples here to chose from. Definitely worth removing any decent mods from it though before the sale so you can transfer them to your new Zed once you get here especially as some things are a lot cheaper to buy from the US than here. -
Didnt you enjoy your uprev then Zeus? Best not to ask Pritchard.