Jump to content

GMballistic

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    19,490
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GMballistic

  1. Hopefully this will help. Link: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/59243-how-to-change-washer-pump-motor/ When you take off the wheel arch liner and look at the washer bottle on the drivers side, ...the front washer motor is the closest one to you and the rear washer pump motor is furthest away (closest to the engine). They are different shapes slightly with different plugs so it's pretty hard to get them the wrong way round. Aftermarket washer pump motor motor from Clark Motorsport here; http://www.clarkmotorsport.co.uk/website/webshop/productDetails.asp?searchMake=Nissan+350Z&sku=488700010
  2. JGM definitely rings a bell with me. RIP.
  3. Great work, ...you've really turned that Zed around from when you bought it.
  4. ^^ @RT. Thanks for that. If you clean them up just use some Brasso or similar on the cartidges and they should polish up lovely. Probably best not to post them to anyone ~ just keep them as a memento for yourself. ^^ Brilliant. If you're ever in the US remember to try that one out and let me know how you get on with customs.
  5. 38 Special bullet's are 0.374 of an inch which makes it 9.5mm in diameter. Believe me ammunition over the years is very confusing when it comes to referring to sizes, calibres, gauges, bores etc. Just think of all the different countries that have made there own ammunition for starters. As I said Darren just take a look on the underneath near the primers and it will tell you the calibre most likely unless on the rare occasion it won't if it's a mass produced military cartridge & even then in most cases it will still state a calibre. Like the below picture which shows you it's a "9mm Luger" cartridge. Sorry bit geeky I know, ...hence part of my user name. "Ballistic" I'm kind of interested in firearms ballistics, ammunition etc.
  6. The fuse is in the big black box behind the car battery I believe so is a right PITA to get to. As far as I'm aware there is only one fuse for both the front & back screen washer motors so if one works and the other doesn't then the fuse should be ok. If you check and the rear wash still works but the front doesn't, ...and you cannot hear the front motor going then it will most likely be the motors gone. You can get the front windscreen washer motor cheaply from eBay or Clark Motorsport on here. If I remember right it's only around £10 odd for an aftermarket motor. Fairly easy to swap the motors although I haven't done it but they can be accessed behind the front bumper on the drivers side. Easiest way to get at them is through the wheel arch liner rather than removing the entire front bumper.
  7. GMballistic

    Locations

    Hi Jon, seen an orange GT a couple of times going past Danescourt/Llandaff area when I've been going to work & on the occasional evening. Not you was it? I've got a Gun Metal coloured Zed and I always wave/flash lights if I see another Zed, ...sad like that.
  8. When you say 9mm rounds Darren are you referring to the ones pictured above? The one's pictured above look like 38 Special rounds imo. Hard to tell exactly though as there are so many similar rimmed rounds like that including now discontinued calibres ~ easiest way to tell is on the bottom of the cartridge it will say on the rim what it is. This is what a 38 Special round looks like below btw. Regarding what have I found in secondhand cars, ...well tbh nothing as interesting as live ammo. Found lot's of Japanese coins in my old JDM Impreza WRX and once found a 6 Disc CD changer in a Mondeo ST24 I bought which I didn't know was there & neither did the seller.
  9. That sucks Steve, ...sorry to read that. Happened to me some years ago when I owned an Impreza. Some people unfortunately just think of themselves & don't give a monkeys if they damage other peoples property just as long as they don't have to pay for it.
  10. ^^ No worries, ..just letting you know. Sounds good either way.
  11. Nice sound on the videos Matt. First one for me was strange though as the sounds out of sync ~ your car drove off with no sound & then a few seconds later the sound started.
  12. Just googled that. Look's amazing. Show N' shine, drift events, 1/8 mile, track time, camping for all, night parties, stalls oh and... Link: http://www.reisbrennen.de/
  13. You will only get a small pot of it but it's more than enough I found to do all the glass on my Zed including two coats on the front windscreen. Fyi ~ you need to make sure the glass is as clean as possible before application so follow all & any instructions on the bottle. I also used Isopropanol to wipe clean my windscreen wiper blades so that they didn't contaminate my windscreen the first time I used them with the GTechniq on the glass.
  14. I used GTechniq G1 on my glass and am still experiencing good results after almost 10 months. Could do with another coat now maybe as it's not as good as it was but considering how often I wash my car (once or twice a week) it's very impressive. Link for GTechniq: http://www.theultimatefinish.co.uk/gtechniq/clearvision-screen-kit.aspx?utm_source=Google&utm_medium=shopping&utm_campaign=MerchantCentre&variant=4637&gclid=CIjg_Ia9_8ECFYHHtAod-0MAkA
  15. ^^ Looks great Hensh and nice torque level too after that remap.
  16. I'd buy them but I don't have the fluffy dice or the "Mr & Mrs" sun strip to go with them.
  17. ^^ I'd try what Shezza said first and failing that you could also try EPR. Link: http://www.epracing.co.uk/Carbon-Accessories/Nissan/350Z/350Z-07-Carbon-Bonnet/p-75-122-123-2253/
  18. If you don't get the roll cage you could always consider a suction cup mount for the windows or a magnetic mount for the body or possibly even a tow eye mount depending on whether you specifically need the tow eye mount or not, ...which you probably will if it's for at a track day.
  19. Not necessarily meant to be that funny, more just taking the p**s out of these songs & singers. Found it. Definitely more talented those two girls than Megan Trainor. Nah you're not that old I know. Soon enough we'll all be living to 120 years old anyway so you're still young.
  20. Happy Birthday Darryl and Daveyboy.
  21. Yes it fit's in front of the standard grille and when you fit them you are supposed to remove the towing eye cover anyway so that you can use the towing eye in an emergency without having to remove the grille. Looks like below.
  22. Weather looks a little dull Bobby but still some good pictures. Like the first & last ones best.
  23. The thing with those ones Will that I don't like is that if someone tried to turn them off forceably they'll damage your valve threads. Also all a thief would need is an allen key & they can steal them whereas the other ones need the little pin tool that Richbrook sell so a little bit more anti theft imo. Either way both better options than the standard Zed valve caps that any little scroat can just take off & steal.
×
×
  • Create New...