Jump to content

GMballistic

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    19,490
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GMballistic

  1. ^^ +1. Fingers crossed everything goes smoothly for you & the Zeds back on the road soon.
  2. Supposedly so. The vents on top of the wings are to draw hot air away from the engine and the ones behind the wheels are also to draw hot air away but this time from the large brakes as well as make the air flow more freely over the wheels. The wings are also made from aluminium which is cool. I had a look underneath the car as well and it has some sort of air channels under the car which looks pretty flat bottomed for most of what I could see. Apparently from what I've just been reading the air channels are there to create a venturi effect helping to suck the car to the ground at high speed.
  3. Welcome aboard Ian. Zed looks very nice in red. I've a fondness for the old MGB's as I used to work for a classic car restorers at one point were we specialised in MG's and Triumphs mainly.
  4. One thing though if you're going to get the exhaust system done and you plan on getting the HFC's as you mention just hold off until you can get both done at the same time. Regardless of whether you're planning on fitting them yourself or paying someone else to fit them it will be so much easier doing the whole lot in one job. The Cats will be a PITA to do though but replacing them with HFC's will be music to your ears I'm sure. Still one of the best mods I ever did to my Zed when I had it.
  5. No I don't think so, ...just the position I stood in for the picture makes it look that way I think.
  6. ^^ Looks good Aliveboy. I've got a Camel Trophy M773-2040-2049 watch which I bought in the late 90's. It's actually gone up in value due to its rarity since they no longer make them but still it's not a pricey watch at all. I think it is a great watch though. Standard google image below of it...
  7. Fantastic looking Zed taken with the worlds worst camera phone judging from the pics. Looks great in red though burgs.
  8. Very nice Masa. Good luck with your plans.
  9. No offence intended to the Op but if shire350Z hasn't checked his oil level in 10 months (800 miles odd) then he's only himself to blame and not the guy who serviced the car.
  10. Went and had a look at one of these today. Didn't drive it but have to say I really liked it in person. Only things I really didn't like were the alloys as I've said before, they look like 90's TSW Venoms, and the rear discs which were solid discs. Why you'd have solid rear discs on a modern £30K car rather than vented rear discs is beyond me regardless of the fact that very little braking is done on the rear I just think it looks sh*te. Pics below of the one I looked at.
  11. Definitely going to be very cool and some great info for any other 370 owners thinking of doing this.
  12. Welcome aboard. Around the 50K miles mark I'd budget for a change of spark plugs if they haven't been done already (which they should have really) also advisable to renew all the fluids imo like clutch, brake & coolant. Service schedule for the 350Z here: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/31110-service-schedule-for-a-350z/
  13. Anything with an internal combustion engine will be a future classic, ...I know so because gangzoom told me and we are all going to be driving electric vehicles within the next decade eradicating all these nasty noisy ICE vehicles. It will also lead to the end of poverty, world hunger and stop all wars apparently.
  14. Did you watch the original video? It was washing about in around 2 ft of sea water, ....think it's pretty much guaranteed to be wet inside regardless of the windows going in or not.
  15. Gutted for you. I'd say if you're trying to get it up & running again as cheap as possible then just swapping the engine for a good running example will probably be the best option imo. Try zmanalex, Ewen@Clark Motorsport or Mark@Abbey Motorsport especially as Mark already posted that they have a good running DE engine available. Good luck whatever you decide.
  16. No probs. Personally I'd just drill it out or use a straight piece of pipe in its place. I had the same problem a few years ago on my 350 and replaced the non-return valve with a new one, ...3/4 months later it happened again so that time I removed the valve completely (drilled it out in the end) and never had an issue like that again. Plus was that my windscreen washer jets were so much more powerful afterwards too.
  17. Love your Nismo.
  18. Welcome aboard Mark.
  19. Whoop whoop. Zeds going to be sitting pretty on those then.
  20. If it's just weak then it could be the non-return valve failing or there is a slight blockage somewhere else. First thing I'd try is removing the non-return valve completely from the equation to see if the windscreen washer pump works ok without it, ....if it does then just leave it as is because you don't really need the non-return valve anyway. The non-return valve is underneath the front windscreen scuttle panel on the drivers side (underneath the lid where the clutch/brake servo is). You can get to it easily by gently pulling the pipe work down out of the clips from under the scuttle panel. It's usually a small black or white piece of plastic inline in the windscreen washer tubing which will look similar to the picture below... If you can replace that with just a straight piece ( http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-5mm-Vacuum-Hose-Connectors-Plastic-Hose-Joints-Tefen-Blue-Ramair-/271191863029?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3f244b6ef5 ) or drill out the internals from it, replace back inline and check to see if that's solved your weak washer jets. My guess is it will. More info here relating to other things it could be & helpful tips: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/88593-windscreen-washer-tubing/ http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/94700-windscreen-washer-not-working/
  21. My guess for the mystery box is a full set of coilovers.
  22. Are they f**kin' serious, ....£25K sports car. Yeah when brand new back in 2004.
  23. I am!! He said it was pretty good. HFC's next! I had Berks HFC's on my Zed at one point and the sound was fantastic. You will love it I'm sure.
×
×
  • Create New...