Jump to content

GMballistic

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    19,490
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GMballistic

  1. Very nice.
  2. Lexx I can't really recommend any products as I haven't had the chance yet to test ~ still in the process of sorting out our house move with the new house having a nice garage I will be sorting out. I was planning on using most likely "Ronseal Diamond Hard" garage floor paint. Link: http://www.decoratingwarehouse.co.uk/buy/paints--coatings/floor-paints/ronseal-diamond-hard-garage-floor-paint/1645?gclid=CKqBnOmb7MUCFbQatAodNkYA3Q Really hoping someone can confirm for me (& you) that this is a good product to use.
  3. I found that I was using the E-cig more often than I used to smoke cigarettes when I was smoking but I guess that was down to the ease of use. Eg: You can just pick an E-cig up & take a few puffs whenever you like, whereas once a cigarette is lit you only have a short period to smoke it before it burns away. The thing that started pi**ing me off about the E-cig/vaping was refilling my clearomizer with E-liquid, constantly charging my battery every day and also regularly having to go to the E-cig shop to buy more E-liquids/coils. Just got to the stage were I thought f**k this. Making some big changes with selling my Zed & getting a new house with the fiancee so the E-cigs just had to go. A lot easier to quit these things if you really want to & can see the benefits in doing so. Thank you Andy. Been almost two weeks now since I last used my E-cig and probably 3 weeks odd since I had a proper hit of nicotine. I do miss smoking (E-cigs & cigarettes) but this is a healthier life style & more financially beneficial to me. Hopefully in time I'll forget about smoking/vaping altogether but I am finding it difficult at times although it easier than it was initially obviously.
  4. GMballistic

    My 911

    I doubt that Dan but anyway I'm still happy !
  5. It sucks both (Darryl & Vlad) but at the end of the day you both know it's a car and I think I'm right in saying both of you like me are drivers, ...not show whores. Any car is going to get chipped & scratched when you're doing what was intended with it. Enjoy it Vlad and it looks mint from where I'm sitting.
  6. Some great pictures there Scott. Really great clarity.
  7. Looks great, ...glad you're pleased. Enjoy it.
  8. Welcome aboard Kelvin.
  9. Of those two I'd definitely have the 2015 CTR but some or the other cars the CTR beat on the ring it would be a much harder decision, ....like the '00 Porsche 911 Turbo, '02 Honda NSX Type R and some of the Ferrari's.
  10. Oye Dan, not all of those cars were 10 years old. It beat a 2015 Seat Cupra Leon ST and a 2015 Renault Megane RS 275 Trophy-R both of which are in direct competition I'd imagine customer wise. It also beat a 2011 Jaguar XKR-S just to annoy SMD.
  11. Hairdryer should be fine as ATTAK Z said. Just hold it on the plate and the heat will transfer through to the tape (glue) behind. Gently start at one end and with some gentle leverage it shouldn't be too difficult to pull off.
  12. Very nice Vlad. Don't do Facedouche so I "liked" it on here for you instead.
  13. It would look a lot better if the stripes were more luminescent. Pics for colour reference only. Honestly.
  14. Totally understand what you're getting at. I have no idea how hard the Honda driver in the Nurburgring video I posted had to fight to get the time he did but it does beat some very impressive cars as it puts the Civic around rank 70 out of 100 with many more expensive RWD/4WD cars falling behind it.
  15. I get what you're saying but I disagree. If you look at a championship like the BTCC with a variety of tracks raced on, cars/makes/drive trains etc it is not purely dominated by rear wheel drive vehicles. In fact if you look back at the championship winners since the year 2000 till 2014, 13 of the championship winning cars were FWD's with only 2 out of the 15 being RWD's. Make of that what you will although I understand in the numbers game there are more FWD's than RWD's in the championship. Source: http://www.btcc.net/history/champions/btcc-champions/ I know the new Type R has an LSD upfront along with some pretty big 235/35/19's to help put the power down better. I haven't driven one so can't really comment on how it handles in the corners but I'm sure Honda have thought about the corners and done their best to stop it understeering straight off at the first corner you come to. From the reviews I've read so far though it does seem like it's going to be a very decent car and it has done the Nurburgring in 7 minutes 50 seconds odd so that's not too shabby I'd say as that is on par with: 2002 Lamborghini Murcielago, 2003 BMW M3 CSL, Porsche 911 Carrera S and beats many more. Source: https://nurburgringlaptimes.com/lap-times-top-100/
  16. I read all of that build thread too as well as the Pistonheads discussion. Very saddening to read some of the comments left on Pistonheads though as some people showing their lack of empathy for what was ultimately two lives taken far too soon.
  17. ^^ Blue does look particularly good I agree.
  18. When is it in showrooms I'm tempted to try it myself big Honda fan It was supposed to be this month, but I'm still waiting for the call lol The new Civic Type R (FK2) arrived at some dealerships Monday (Maidstone Honda below).... Was actually chatting with a guy on CTRO about it earlier. He's got his test drive booked for tomorrow so was all excited. Doesn't sound bad imo and seems fairly rapid.
  19. GMballistic

    GT-Four

    It's a good thing us car enthusiasts never find the people who do this sort of cr*p because if we did they'd likely get a lot more than just a slap. Sorry Coldel. That sucks.
  20. The rear suspension thing is a load of bs. Sure if I was thrashing the living cr*p out of it on track or pitting it up against an EP3 on an all out death race through the streets then I'd notice but honestly other than that it makes no difference. I've driven it hard a few times now through some twisty national speed limit areas and it's really caused me no concern, ....nor have I understeered off the road. Generally I'm driving the car slowly back & forth to work etc and seeing very good mpg. It does lack torque but it's really not a problem and if you want to go fast you just need to get the revs up nice & high before expecting it to do much. Once it's in VTEC mode though it will stay there with every gear change in the higher rpm ranges so goes pretty well.
  21. When I die I want to be really f**king old, in bed and dreaming of all the things I love that I've already done in my long life.
  22. GMballistic

    GT-Four

    That's cool. Didn't want to mention it but I'm with you on the Team Dynamic alloys. Just too many spokes on them imo.
×
×
  • Create New...