-
Posts
19,490 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by GMballistic
-
Hoping to become a fellow Z owner
GMballistic replied to EDBANGER's topic in Introductions & Welcome Messages
Welcome aboard. Just like buying any used car so do the normal checks. Check for rust around the rear wheel arches & also on the standard exhaust system particularly towards the rear section near were it joins up to the back box. Common problem with the fuel gauge not reading correctly but there is a fix for that should you find a car with that problem. Link: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/54763-how-to-fix-the-inaccurate-fuel-gauge-pdf/ More info here: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/77426-buyers-guide/ http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/77967-nissan-350z-history-including-upgrades/ http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/56308-what-can-happen-if-you-run-your-zed-on-95-ron/ http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/22880-guide-for-new-memberspotential-buyers/ http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/24796-top-100-faqs-must-read-wip/ Also a good idea to have a good read of the service schedule for the 350 so that when you look at cars you know whether or not the servicing has been kept up to date depending on mileage/age of the car. Link: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/31110-service-schedule-for-a-350z/ Good luck with your search. -
No idea what side bank 2 is sorry but one thing I'd say is very "occasionally" with O2 sensors/cat emissions you can get a little hiccup. If it was me & the cars driving normally I'd be inclined to do an ECU reset first. Then drive the car as normal and investigate further if the EML comes back on again which it will if there is a problem. At least that way you'll know for certain it's a fresh code as well and not an old one stored on the ECU. ECU reset guide here: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/53148-how-to-ecu-accelerator-pedal-throttle-valve-resets/
-
Nice pics btw marty.
-
Go knock him out Flex he's staring you out.
-
New to the 350z scene
GMballistic replied to 350z-reside's topic in Introductions & Welcome Messages
Welcome aboard. -
Welcome aboard.
-
Would love an Elise purely as a track day car, ...I've driven one on Silverstone circuit in anger and they handle fantastic. Not as nice to use as a daily driver though but still great cars. Lovely pictures especially the second shot.
-
Some tracks will lend you or hire you exhaust bungs to bring the noise level down. I actually witnessed a Skyline owner having to fit them at Castle Combe, ...they looked bonkers on his exhaust as they actually stuck out a fair bit but must have worked as he was on track later. Personally if you think you're going to be doing enough track days that this will be a nuisance to you then I'd go for the Berks HFC's. You'll still get a lovely sound from your exhaust and the noise level will be much lower in comparison to the De-cats.
-
Yep I had the same set up on my 350 with the supercharger to boot. I did pass the static noise test at Castle Combe and was able to go on track. After I came off the track though I got pulled in for another noise test as I had failed a drive by noise test. Passed the static test again at 4.5K rpm but when I revved it above 5K rpm it was too loud so I was told I wouldn't be allowed on the track again as it was just too loud on the drive by noise test when I went above 5K rpm. Link: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/97440-performance-car-action-day-at-castle-combe-video-pics-250415/ Bit of a bummer as it sounded so good on full chat. Berks HFC's are a good option as I had those before with my Invidia, ...definitely quiter.
-
Very nice, ...worth the wait I hope for you. Welcome aboard properly.
-
Good shout, ...I hadn't even seen that kit. Link: https://www.ukecigstore.com/aspire-nautilus-premium-kit.html
-
From what I've been hearing from people on CTRO lots are signing into PCP agreements etc for the new CTR. Due dates for some having signed in a fair while ago are October "ish" but I know some won't be seeing their new Type R's till 2016 now as production seems to be falling behind the numbers required so they're definitely selling in fairly decent numbers or they just haven't made many of them to start with. Either way if I was in the market for a FWD car like this I'd definitely prefer to wait and see what problems the first set of owners get. Hopefully then buying a year or two later when possibly better financial deals start coming out as initial excitement decreases & sales drop.
-
Awesome. Great bike engines those and really can't wait to see it eventually in the Radical.
-
Have I accidentally checked into one of "those" hotels?
GMballistic replied to Stutopia's topic in Off Topic Discussion
Brilliant. Have to admit I've not stayed in a lot of hotels, ...also mostly cheaper places so you usually only get basic tea/coffee making facilities but I've never come across that sort of thing before. No pun intended. Looks like you're in for a fun night though either way. -
Contact zmanalex as I got a coilpack from him for my Zed before ~ was used but worked a treat and solved a misfire I had at the time. Link: http://www.350z-uk.com/user/9648-zmanalex/ Good luck Tom.
-
Very nice and always liked the blue ones. Enjoy it.
-
That's mental. RIP.
-
Great looking Zed. You forgot to mention the most important mod it looks like you've done so far, ...added a stubby aerial.
-
Hi Jay, really can't hurt to try giving up the cigarettes and E-cigs are a great place to start. Those cigarette shaped E-cigs are a waste of time imo. I looked for the starter kit I had when I first started but couldn't find it as I guess my local E-cig shop just make them up. Firstly I'd say it really is a good idea to get one with an adjustable voltage setting as different E-liquids will taste "better" at different voltages/watts due to the varying amounts of PG/VG in them between manufacturers/flavours. Also it's a good idea to have an adjustable airflow on your clearomiser tank (the part that holds the E-liquid) as this will allow you to adjust to how you like the draw to be and whether you prefer a more airy or tighter draw (it will also effect the flavour slightly too I believe). The only reason I recommend the above is because I bought a starter kit and within a few months started to spend money on better bits as I learnt what worked for me in order to enjoy the vaping more. For starters though I have found you what I think is a reasonable starter kit. It's a kit containing a Vision Spinner 2 E-cig 1650mAh battery with an Kangertech Evod 2, charger & coils all for £26.99 (maybe postage on top). Link: http://segonote.com/e-cigarette-kits/106-vision-spinner-ii-with-kangertech-evod-2-starter-kit.html The only thing though is that the clearomiser in that kit doesn't have an adjustable airflow but if you feel you need one of those you can always get one afterwards for around £9 & upwards. Really though the best thing to do is find a local E-cig shop, ...not a garage that sells E-cigs but a proper E-cig dedicated shop. If you do an internet search for E-cig shops in your local area I'd bet money there is one local to you. That way you'll be able to try before you buy as most shops offer that service. Also you'll be able to see what sort of E-liquid best suits you and with you smoking 15 cigarettes a day the E-cig shop will be able to best advise what level nicotine content E-liquid you'll be best off starting on to replicate your normal daily nicotine intake from the cigarettes. Fyi ~ I stayed away from tobacco flavoured E-liquids as I found it helped distance myself from the cigarettes, plus the fruity flavour E-liquids taste fantastic. Hope that helps some and let us know if you need anymore help as there are plenty of other E-cig smokers on here (HaydnH/Andy etc) with experience to help/guide you.
-
^^ That picture sells it to me. Going to look so cool when it's all done. Great work & some real progress being made which is good to see.
-
Went with my girlfriend to buy an Audi Today... Saw this
GMballistic replied to Ash87's topic in 350Z General
Looks well kept. -
Welcome aboard.
-
...And just think, he's going to be presenting "Top Gear"! I won't be watching it.