-
Posts
19,490 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by GMballistic
-
It does, ....it does indeed.
-
Very nice Stu. Really love hydro dipped parts and your choice for the engine cover is different so can't fault you for that, ...plus it has boobs on it so what's not to like.
-
You need to be more like this guy.... ...apart from the pi**ing your pants part & needing a "nappy" of course.
-
Wanted - Front undertray, slam panel, fender protectors
GMballistic replied to djm's topic in Wanted
For the wheel arch liners try zmanalex for good used condition items or Clark Motorsport for new. Link: http://www.350z-uk.com/user/9648-zmanalex/ Link: http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/207-clark-motorsport/ For the clips eBay is your cheapest option imo. Link: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/20x-Nissan-8mm-Plastic-Rivet-Trim-Clips-for-Bumpers-Splashguards-Wheelarch-Liner-/371194285810?fits=Car+Make%3ANissan&hash=item566ce74ef2 -
You said it yourself; "Once the brackets were flipped over, the bootlid now sits perfectly and all seems to be working perfectly.", so I wouldn't worry about it (you're not the first person to put those brackets on the wrong way around & you won't be the last). Glad you got the job done without too much hassle.
-
It's with good reason too.
-
If it was me I might have gone out to check on the car and if all was ok just gone back to bed. No need to confront people (kids) like that imo. If there had been damage done then that's another matter.
-
Oh don't worry cheers I've done plenty of track days, driver experience days, extra driver training etc before. I've actually been on Silverstone circuit before as I did a Lotus Elise experience day there which was great fun. Just never driven a Ferrari at all so definitely want to try it on an experience day as I know they are a little above my budget when it comes to secondhand car buying.
-
Very nice and I was (am) a big fan of Scotts car. Took inspiration from him for certain things I did to my own Zed (before I sold it). Hope you enjoy it.
-
Yep and it looks like one of the shoppers has arrived via jumbo jet. Bl**dy rich folk aye.
-
Great stuff Chris. I've never driven a Ferrari and it's on my bucket list so to speak so might have to get one of those experience days booked next year.
-
Bought this beauty today
GMballistic replied to willow990's topic in Introductions & Welcome Messages
Welcome aboard. Lovely Zed. -
Jumping350 Build - Reborn 17/4/2018
GMballistic replied to jumping350's topic in Member Build Projects
Getting there now. -
Personally I wouldn't risk it especially not with the great traders we have here on the forum. If somethings wrong with an item bought from outside of the UK it can be a real nightmare getting that part replaced or repaired etc. Several members have had real nightmares with this type of thing & some have lost a lot of money because of it. If you like that true dual exhaust then Tarmac Sportz does a very similar system for not much more money. Link: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/98909-350z-hi-power-style-true-dual-exhausts-pre-orders-being-taken-450/ Great priced plenum spacer from Horsham Developments below. It's one I used to have on my 350 so I know it's a good one. Link: http://www.h-dev.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=78_169_293_472_479&products_id=25052 Also keep a keen eye on the for sale threads on here as quite often you can get some real bargains on the forum when people "go back to standard" when selling their Zeds.
-
Plenty for sale on eBay at varying prices, some with part worn tyres & some just alloys. Link: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nissan-350Z-Z33-Vq35De-Oem-Rays-Forged-Alloys-Tyres-18-Drift-Gduk-Spares-/161785246317?hash=item25ab26f26d http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_kw=Nissan+350z+RAYS+Alloys&_jsoff=1 Keep an eye on here as well as they do come up for sale occasionally when people change alloys (sold mine on here a couple of years ago).
-
No it's not the same ~ If it's the OEM ones I'm thinking of (as Dan mentioned again I believe) they are the same size alloy on the front & rear (18x8J) but will have been running 225 front/245 rear as either will safely fit on the rim. Hope this is helping make things clearer or at least giving you food for thought.
-
Why don't you get some "ditch finders" Adrian and really test out how good the GTR's on board computers are at saving you from disaster.
-
Why wasn't it like that in the first place? Looks fantastic & the colours look like it was made for it.
-
The 350Z was designed around running a staggered wheel set up so that's part of why the TCS is playing up for you. What alloys are on your Zed? Are they the forged Rays alloys like below? As Dan (Ekona) mentions if so these alloys are 8J on the front & 8.5J on the rear so supposed to be running 225 on the front with 245 on the rear.
-
Primer will be dry to the touch after maybe 30 minutes depending on how thick the coat was but underneath the surface it could still be fairly soft, ..personally if you can leave the primer for 12-24hrs before trying to rub it down with wet n' dry it will be better (although in reality a good few hours should be more than long enough). Also regarding rubbing down, not sure if you know this already so sorry if you do, but make sure you use plenty of soapy water (water with washing up liquid) for best results allowing the paper to soak in the water before using and repeatedly dipping it back in & out of the water to help clear the paper.
-
Imo I do not believe the fact he put your Zed on the rollers would have caused your brake line failure. Regardless of that though he shouldn't have put your car on the rollers, ...pretty sure his MOT computer would have flagged that up when he started to do your MOT test. It may well be that he doesn't have a decelerometer so can't do brake tests on the road and rather than lose out on your money for doing the test (& any other possible work to fix failures) thought f**k it. Link: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/40635-mot/ I wouldn't use that garage again for MOT's if I was you.
-
Welcome aboard Jamie. Fyi you won't get a genuine Nismo 350Z in the UK at all unless it has been imported from Japan or the USA (AFAIK only one UK dealer imported a genuine Nismo 350Z back in the day & that one is probably in a museum or private collection). You will find however lot's of Zeds with Nismo parts fitted on them (body kits, stickers etc) or even ones advertised as Nismo editions but none of them are the genuine article. Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_350Z Thread on here about them: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/43158-uk-350z-nismo-edition/ Best bet imo is to find a decent used 350Z GT within your budget and then just add the parts you'd like on the car over time.
-
I used to run 35psi all round with the same tyre sizes Chris. I found that to be perfect for on road imo.
-
Jumping350 Build - Reborn 17/4/2018
GMballistic replied to jumping350's topic in Member Build Projects
Can't wait as I'm excited for you. I'm sure it's going to have been worth the wait for you and you will love it. Fyi the bulbs: It was a little wind up but if you do seriously want some this is what I used to use and never had any problems. Link: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SILVERTEC-BU582-SILVER-CHROME-INDICATOR-BULB-T20-CAPLESS-WEDGE-TWIN-PACK-2-BULBS-/121378502875?hash=item1c42b8f8db -
Thanks for your input. I rest for 30-40 seconds max between sets. I do mix my routine up ~ When I properly started back in January I did the same routine for around 12 weeks then I re-wrote it all, did a new one then for around 10 weeks and now I'm on the one I'm doing now which is a lot less intense than I was doing (takes around 45mins-1hr now instead of an 1hr-1:20hr). It's better for me now though as I'm more likely to complete the whole series of exercises rather than run out of energy & miss something off. Also I used to do the same exercises on each of my 3 training days but now I do different exercises on each day. Back when I first started I was using "Muscle Pharm Iron Whey" protein mix and "USN Micronized" creatine powder. This was good as I needed to put on body mass, ....added 16kg in 5 months approx. Now I'm just using the creatine powder but plan to stop in a few weeks when I run out of powder as even though I've been assured by a competent body builder I'm still not sure continuously loading with creatine is 100% necessary. (I'm 35 years old now so extra energy does help though) I think what I'll try is changing my routine again and upping the weight I'm lifting on my barbell by 1kg but keep it the same weight on the dumbbells once I get my house move all sorted. Bit difficult dedicating time to training & getting my motivation at the moment with so much going on trying to organise things.