Pretty sure it's illegal to run them. I have seen them on quite a few German vehicles in the past though like VW's, Audi's etc but doesn't mean they're legal.
From the DVLA website.
Source: https://www.gov.uk/displaying-number-plates/rules-number-plates
I'm guessing that pressed metal plates will be one of those things sold as "for off-road use only or show use only" on anything other than vintage vehicles obviously which would have come with them in the first place (pre 1973 vehicles for example with black/silver metal plates).
Also found these threads which may be of interest before you go ahead with anything: https://www.ukpoliceonline.co.uk/index.php?/topic/49479-l60-penalty-for-pressed-numberplates-illegal-wheels/
https://www.ukpoliceonline.co.uk/index.php?/topic/48681-legal-pressed-plates-l60-fpn/?hl=numberplates
Just click on "edit" in the bottom right hand corner of your first post and then go to "full edit" (I think it's called) and this will allow you to edit the title.
Re: Cooling ~ maybe it's different with your HR supercharged Zed but I never really saw any problems relating to radiator cooling on my old DE supercharged Zed which ran the standard radiator & fans. I did have a Nismo lower temp thermostat which I bought from Clark Motorsport but as GT4 mentioned all that does is open at a lower temp.
I did toy with the idea of getting the Mishimoto radiator but it would have definitely had to be with the Mishimoto radiator fans shroud as there was no room when looking with using the OEM shroud as you're discovering.
^^ This.
My Zed was still on its original OEM clutch/flywheel at 96K miles odd when I sold it and it was supercharged. Have heard others still on OEM equipment even past 100K miles but then others changing much, much earlier so as Jetpilot stated is correct.
Plenty. I actually used to live in North Yorkshire when I was younger, ...now in South Wales though.
Check out the "regional meets" section for more local meets or the "national" section for events around the country.
Link: http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/20-meets-shows-and-events/
Welcome aboard Andy.
Some related threads for you here regarding JDM v's UK 350 Zeds. Sure they'll clear up any questions for you, ...or possibly make more questions.
Link: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/1648-the-differences-spec/
http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/269-jdm-versus-uk-power-differences/
Sorry to hear about your soft top problems but welcome aboard Lindsey.
Some more related topics:
http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/30517-roadster-roof-problems-wont-fully-go-down/
http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/53888-convertible-roof-problems-opening/
http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/17101-problems-with-a-roadster-roof-mechanism/
http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/56205-soft-top-roof-sticking-when-opening/
http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/64015-soft-top-wont-go-down/
http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/87180-convertible-issues-5th-bow-motor/
http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/104602-sticking-convertible-roof/
[quote name='Ekona' timestamp='1455827822' post='1588188']
Yay my eyesight isn't as bad as Granvilles!
[/quote]
It was the flash, ...or maybe it's my laptop, ...yep definitely one of those reasons and not my as yet un-checked for 20 years eyesight.
Re: the coolant ~ personally I'd just go with the OEM Nissan stuff.
Link: http://www.h-dev.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=78_169_293_1418&products_id=25498
Another slightly cheaper option for your plugs here from the same trader (H Dev): http://www.h-dev.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=78_169_293_1418&products_id=25465
Good luck with your decision and hopefully the free bump will maybe bring in a few HR owners into the conversation.
[quote name='Alex350z' timestamp='1455824850' post='1588173']
[quote]
Edit: Yep it's orange so I'm blaming the flash as he said I could.
[/quote]
[/quote]
Still looks cool whatever the colour.