-
Posts
19,490 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by GMballistic
-
In the market for a dremel and Gas soldering iron.
GMballistic replied to 88 Zed's topic in Off Topic Discussion
Love my Dremel and have had it for over a decade now. The model I have is discontinued now but this is a pretty similar new age model version with a decent selection of bits included: http://www.screwfix.com/p/dremel-4000-4-65-175w-rotary-multi-tool-240v/85047 Definitely go for a mains wired version though whatever model you get as I don't personally rate the rechargeable battery versions. Dremel also make gas soldering irons: http://www.screwfix.com/p/dremel-f0132300ja-versatip-gas-torch/1596d -
Yep definitely discussed before. Darkside I did find some of the old threads discussing this but tbh as a lot of the pics were no longer available I didn't see the point. Personally I think it could look pretty good if done right. Good luck.
-
Audi looks pretty good with those Porsche alloys Andy. Maybe ad those pics to the "memory lane" thread of old cars we've all had. Link: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/23174-memory-lane-post-up-your-old-car-pics-here/
-
Good news Lloyd. Have a look at Gates belts when you do go to replace, as imo they're excellent quality and I'd personally do both the belts at the same time.
-
Good result.
-
Left my car unlocked last night & was robbed
GMballistic replied to Kieran_ctr's topic in Off Topic Discussion
Small problem with that idea http://hkdredbelt.ty...c1e6e970d-800wi (sorry the forum interface won't let me post as an image) Nice. -
Welcome aboard. Always worth a look at the Zeds for sale on here: http://www.350z-uk.c...-zeds-for-sale/ Buyers guide here: http://www.350z-uk.c...6-buyers-guide/ Service schedule for the 350Z here (always useful when looking at Zeds to see if they've been serviced correctly/to the schedule): http://www.350z-uk.c...ule-for-a-350z/
-
Yep cause I can see Stu doing that with his lovely Zed.
-
Weather doesn't look that bad?! A little choppy on the "loch" maybe.
-
Looks ok to me but what a ridiculous price for a gear knob, ...regardless of it being some super rare Tommy version. I've much better things to spend my money on that, like food & stuff.
-
^^ What they all said. Plus tyres will make a difference and a lot of other factors including believe it or not, when your oil was last changed as you'll probably gain a few Bhp having fresh oil in over having old oil in. If it does worry you though maybe it's worth getting the Zed put on a dyno just to give you some idea of where the power level is at or even a full health check (compression etc) just to make sure it's running as good as it should.
-
Yep. Clark Motorsport can help the OP out. Link: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/80779-rocker-cover-gaskets-for-oil-leaks-vq35de/ http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/80780-new-nissan-cam-cover-assembly-vq35de/
-
Samco coolant hoses & aftermarket radiator cap
GMballistic replied to Oversteer's topic in Performance
I believe the silicone hoses would outlast the OEM in a longevity test but other than that I don't think there is any other particular advantage over the OEM rubber coolant hoses. They obviously look a lot better though but you also pay for that. A higher pressure radiator cap is better because it increases the boiling point of the liquids in the radiators system. It's a lot to explain but have a read of this which will explain it all: http://www.tuneruniversity.com/blog/2011/06/beating-the-heat-advantage-of-a-high-pressure-radiator-cap/ I used to run a 1.3bar Mishimoto radiator cap on my Zed which for the money is a bargain (link below). Plenty of choices about though depending on how you want it to look. Link: http://www.mishimoto.co.uk/mishimoto-high-pressure-bar-radiator-cap-large.html -
I think he was saying something along the lines of; "Two flippin' golf bags & a folding trolley, ..get in there!!"
-
Looking good despite the poor weather. Oh yeah and as Will points out just use Photobucket & you'll have no issues posting pics.
-
[SOLD]Hel stainless brake lines. New SOLD !
GMballistic replied to P15UL T's topic in 350z Parts For Sale
Sold - thread locked -
My old Zed fyi was supercharged (436Bhp@fly) and although I did buy a Stillen engine damper I never ended up getting it fitted, ...honestly it'll be a waste of money imo for you to buy one Oversteer. I never needed it and just let my Zed run on it's OEM engine mounts which was fine even with it being FI. Personally if you want to improve the drive for the gearbox maybe think about having the oil changed if it hasn't been done already by the previous owner and maybe even the diff oil as well. I noticed an improvement just with this alone on my Zed, ...used to be difficult going from 1st-2nd and from 5th-6th but after the gearbox oil change with added Molyslip there were no more gear change issues.
-
Beauty here really is in the eye of the beholder. Personally I agree with Dan & Bennett, ...that thing is ugly.
-
New Z owner in Dorset :)
GMballistic replied to Oversteer's topic in Introductions & Welcome Messages
Welcome aboard Lee. Try to get some pics or better yet some video of the skid pan day in your Zed if you can. -
2nd deposit paid, this is what I've gone for...
GMballistic replied to Vinny73's topic in 370z General
I'm just gonna leave this here for you Vince to digest at your leisure. Link: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/100787-one-stop-guide-for-a-proper-wash/ -
^^ Great stuff James although pity the weathers bad. Still gives you time to read the manual I guess. Oh and Happy Birthday btw.
-
Mishimoto Rad fouling on SC belt and hose
GMballistic replied to GeorgeB's topic in 350Z Modifications
Just click on "edit" in the bottom right hand corner of your first post and then go to "full edit" (I think it's called) and this will allow you to edit the title. Been on this forum for years and never knew how to do this!!! THANK YOU! I can finally change some titles! Glad I could help. Fyi it's called "use full editor". -
Mishimoto Rad fouling on SC belt and hose
GMballistic replied to GeorgeB's topic in 350Z Modifications
He mentioned Josh above Alex so I think he's the member who bought Bodyboarder81's Zed which was an 08' HR Zed. Link: http://www.350z-uk.c...harged-now-15k/ If that is the case, the MM rad. that he linked to his first post is for a DE. So that will be an added fitment issue. Wonder if that's what the issue is?! ..or if he just mistakenly put the wrong year/model link in. -
Mishimoto Rad fouling on SC belt and hose
GMballistic replied to GeorgeB's topic in 350Z Modifications
He mentioned Josh above Alex so I think he's the member who bought Bodyboarder81's Zed which was an 08' HR Zed. Link: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/105007-08-hr-supercharged-now-15k/