Jump to content

Jp606

Members
  • Posts

    1,237
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Jp606

  1. I use Valet Pro Bilberry diluted in a bottle with a Meguiars Foaming gun. Works brilliantly, tried many many wheel cleaners and nothing comes close in terms of amount of product used vs effectiveness vs cost. Every so often I'll use Sonax Full Effect which is a product like Iron X designed specifically for wheels but doesn't smell rank.
  2. Insurance seems to be very random, I was 21 and had less than 2 years NCB when I got my Z and my first year was only £650.
  3. Sorry.
  4. The Z4M would be a more refined drive, nicer interior and looks good as a soft top. The 350Z is a 'raw' drive, mechanical feeling gearbox etc. depends what you are after really. Any proper enthusiast would look past a badge and enjoy a car for what it is. People will be very biased on any manufacturer/model specific forums, like in this thread for example... So you're best of test driving and deciding yourself which car is better for you.
  5. Will have had the car one year tomorrow! So had to get it a present, got a strange looking parcel from CS yesterday, what could it be? Cobra Y-pipe Will get this on at the weekend. All breathing mods done (apart from HFC possibly) so the car is booked in to Abbey on 3rd June for an UpRev remap which is exciting. Done a few little mods, rear fog light 'clear out', before: After: Looks much better like that. Also stuck a super bright led reverse bulb in for better visibility in the dark: Sprayed the cubby button as the paint was coming off and looked really tatty and touched up various chips inside with a black marker pen, which works surprisingly well! Before: After: Got a can of black plastidip to spray the lip under the Zunsport grill too.
  6. Congrats. Have the spark plugs been changed at all? Mine was juddery and new plugs fixed that.
  7. Jp606

    Driving

    Weekends only and for road trips.
  8. Jp606

    Delivery!

    Me too: Nearly died of laughter when I saw that thing lurking behind the door haha
  9. Hold out for a good example, it's a buyers market and a good example will come along, you can afford to be fussy! Those are both quite overpriced too..
  10. V8 would have to be the Alfa 8C for me.
  11. Cool, cheers. Will give it a go. Seems a win win really, just peel it of if it's no good or you change your mind
  12. Nice, I tried wrapping mine and it was too difficult so I gave up! I'm going to give this a go now, did you need more than one can?
  13. Cobra is as you describe YouTube videos don't really reflect how an exhaust sounds in person, best thing is to find someone local to you with the setup you want and have a listen.
  14. Other way round, Scorpion is quieter than the Cobra. I have a Cobra non res which is fairly loud, no rasp. You don't tend to get rasp until you change the cats for decats or HFC. Has a nice burble and produces little pops and bangs when it's hot. This is with a stock y-pipe (got a Cobra one coming from CS soon, which may alter the sound slightly) I believe his group buy is also still on which will give you a nice discount
  15. None, been on a naughty boy course though.
  16. Looks nice, I bet it drives great with the boost and suspension mods. I've been in a standard one and it was a bit gutless, handles well though and driving position is nice.
  17. Did you decat it?
  18. I don't bother using QD whilst drying if I'm about to wax, don't see the point. I use it more to top up gloss between waxing and add protection.
  19. Monkey.
  20. Jp606

    My New 350z

    Welcome I recognise your username from somewhere?
  21. Cheers mate, something to add to the list for when/if the clutch gets changed with the slave being inside the box.
  22. Nice job, did they tell you what products were used?
  23. I'd say go for it Have a look here for inspiration http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/77479-the-gt4-dilemma-no-163176-build-thread/
  24. Alex, does the HR benefit from a braided clutch line? Going to flush mine out with RBF600 at some point and might swap the line whilst I'm there.
  25. Have a look at this mate http://h-dev.co.uk/index2.php?page=350z_mapping
×
×
  • Create New...