Jump to content

Jp606

Members
  • Posts

    1,237
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Jp606

  1. Those with switchable maps, what do you leave yours on for day to day use?
  2. Model: 2007 350Z VQ35HR Mods: Cobra resonated exhaust, Cobra Y-pipe, stock cats, HKS drop in filters Dyno: Abbey Motorsport (Dynapack) BHP: ~325hp flywheel, 284.4hp hub.
  3. Thanks, really impressed with the job Mark has done, it drives like a dream now
  4. That's a DE fit. HR: DE:
  5. Graphs: Lower lines are before and upper after. The different colour upper lines are the plots for each throttle map.
  6. Haha brilliant, never would have thought you'd get that all in there.
  7. Best price, best service.
  8. Look like normal stock Brembos painted red, not 6 pots like he says.
  9. It's the latest chav thing to do, like covering cars in stickers.
  10. Had mine on a while, love them. Ride is very OEM, very slightly stiffer but nothing that noticeable. Progressively sprung so stiffen in corners and a perfect ride height for me, struggle on some speed bumps but nothing major. I wouldn't want to be any lower! Pics http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/75626-my-gm-07-hr-fast-road-build-thread-uprev-remap-update-050614/page__st__40#entry1209032
  11. Desire is easily the best one there IMO.
  12. Unbelievable, I'd be so angry if I was in your position right now
  13. Do the course if you can, what speed were you doing?
  14. Jp606

    ESC slot

    Yep. Dartford toll bridge desperately needs something like this! stupid queues! Barriers are going very shortly, it will be like the London congestion charge where you do it online/by phone. Should drastically reduce traffic.
  15. You should have it by now, drop an email to WaxyBox.
  16. Jp606

    Scratch

    How deep?
  17. The Z went in to Abbey Motorsport again on Tuesday, this time for an UpRev! Scott very kindly picked the car up for me again and dropped it back later. Very pleased with the results and the improvement in how it drives, big thumbs up to Mark Have only driven it for a short period of time when I got it back (saving the fun for the weekend ) but straight away there is a very noticeable difference in power from 2,500rpm upwards and a lot more useable power up the top of the rev range. Throttle response is great now, I have the 4 switchable response maps on it, so need to have a play with them to see what I prefer for 'normal' use. Gains are as follows: 284.4 hub hp (converts to about 325hp at the flywheel) 248.1 hub lbft (graph shows around 10lbft gain, so I guess about 275lbft at the fly?) Very pleased with the figures Will get the graphs up shortly.
  18. I had one of those at the petrol station a while ago, she works in there and said she'd always wanted a Z and has been saving for ages and even has a little model one!
  19. Ah ok, that makes sense as the last time I checked my bushes (few months ago) they looked intact. Need to try and confirm which side it is, I've heard it's extremely difficult/impossible to find play in the ball joint, if I take the arm aofr nd look at the ball joint/move it will that confirm it? Thanks Jez
  20. What was the knocking noise like? I thought one of my bushes has failed so I was going to swap them with SuperPros, but I was told today that it's the ball joint making the noise (this was said after they drove my car). It's like a knocking which we think is coming from the left hand side and a slight wheel wobble. Obviously if it's the ball joint then I will require an entire arm at a much greater cost, but I thought most of the time it was failed bushes.
  21. Bought some spares of him a while ago for pennies.
  22. Yes please mate, got one very small door dink that I can only see in a certain light. Did you have any like that done? It's right in the middle of the door, from someone opening their door onto it I guess, always wondered how they would get access to it pull it out.
  23. I've developed a faint clunk when turning left on mine, must be the banana arm bushes. Will probably stick Super Pros in as an upgrade. Is this the noise that people normally get with bush failure? I do check mine when I have the wheels off and the last time I looked the buses seemed ok, is it obvious if they've failed? Edit - all drop links have been upgraded to Whitelines since I lowered the car so it can't be them.
  24. Those are my favourite people! They hear a noise above a whisper, so you MUST be doing 70 in a 20, outside a blind school. I particularly relish encountering them "rambling" in the valleys and fells of the Lake District, looking down their noses as you rumble through, entirely obedient of the law. I find a liberal application of high revs fills said valley with a great, thunderous, echoing, V6 roar - which pleases everyone! You get to enjoy your Zed and the middle class mafia have something to tut about amongst themselves when they sit down for a cream tea and anti-depressants. When they get home they can then compose a letter to the National Trust complaining, taking their pleasure and sense of entitlement to a whole new level! If they had nothing to whine about, they'd be bored to death. It's practically a public service! - Concerned, of *****-on-the-Hill Hahaha brilliant! Me and the other half quite often go to National Trust places in the Z, can't say I've had any negative reactions though. We actually went to Chartwell House today and people were staring as I scraped over every single speed bump
  25. Oh no that's terrible, would have for something like this to happen, I bet you are pi**ed off.
×
×
  • Create New...